StrikeForce for Champions

Any plan to re-publish the older works has the same initial stumbling block as Strike Force. Who actually has the rights? Digital rights were not something you found in the contracts 30 years ago, so that may be a problem. (I'm ignoring the cost of producing the works as that's already been covered.)

Again it depends on the contract that covers the work. It also occurs to me that with many changes of publishers and management. That some of that paperwork may not exist anymore. Still, until you ask for something you don't know.

Again it depends on the contract that covers the work. It also occurs to me that with many changes of publishers and management. That some of that paperwork may not exist anymore. Still, until you ask for something you don't know.

re: depends on the contract.

Kind of the point of my post.

re: lost documentation

Actually complicates things even more since now you have to hunt down the rights owners, and that can be costly in both time and money.

re: doesn't hurt to ask

Absolutely.

• 10 months later...

I have a copy, and I wouldnt sell, I love the way Aaron wrote all of his suppliments especially for Champs. I guess i was an imperessionable sidekick all those years ago. Blue Books, Brownie Points. Strikeforce and his other works IMHO helped shape Champions.

I find it interesting that the Powers That Be have chosen to leave so much behind, either through the dislike of a character or the departure of a writer/ artist. a 30 year old game has History. I understand the legal aspect of it. However I think the attempt should be made to update a classic everynow and again. With Aaron's estate i understand, but there may be other that can be contacted, Lol its called re-negotiation. I'm sure I'm over simplifying things. In the end i'm just a fan like everyone else here.

I'd love to do a rebooted version of that for 6th edition; apparently the late Mr Allston was working on a sequel for it, but never got it finished.  It would be wonderful to have that compiled with the old stuff and updated.  We did remakes of a lot of the characters for 6th edition in a thread a while back.