Earth Girl

Matt the Bruins

Re: Earth Girl

Greywind beat me to the joke.

I can't really help mechanically without looking things up - I still mostly use 5e. I didn't notice anything particularly odd.

The background is good. You've inspired me to convert some of my characters to 6e, and upgrade them to 400 points, just to see how they would compare with your character. That's meant as a compliment - "I would like to play in the same universe as this character".

Well written.

As I read her she is a Earth-EP and Growth Brick.

Would be nice to have the conditional Defenses/Characteristics/STR (the growth MP slot) noted up in the Stat block.

Could you specify what counts as "ground" for the purpose of the limitation?

There is much room between "only natural soil" and "any earthmaterial, even the concrete floor of a building or an asteriod in deep space".

Endurance:

Her Main Attacks would cost around 30 END per turn.

When she uses her growth and full STR, she can easily burn 50 END per turn (so she won't do that for two full turns). But lack of End is normal with Growth Brick's.

Telekinesis:

I could see it working on characters. After all stone is often considered the "bones of the earth" and human bones (and especially robots!) mostly consist of Earth Materials.

But it could simply be a conceptual limitation to not affect most characters of course.

Complciations:

Distinctive Feature might be too high. As far as I can see she could just wear a trenchcoat to hide what she is made of. If there is nothing to prevent such tricks, this would at tops be "easily concealed".

Vulnerability: Why water? I mean she is clearly aligned towards stone and soil, wich means live (and wich requires water). I would have thought air would be more of a vulnerability.

Late to the party, so most of my initial concers have already been mentioned...

I'd probably redo Span the Globe and make it a slot in her MP instead. Should save a good chunk of points.

Of course, tactically I favor the combination of Tunneling and Indirect attacks, but she's lacking options that would allow this. Still, with the polints saved it might be a good idea to get a Tremor Sense type power for the future.

Speaking of, maybe change the Limitation on her TK to "Must Involve Earth" ? That way she can lift people up with a hand of stone or similar. I think that's a -1/4, but IDHMBIFOM

Her CV's seem rather low to me, but couldn't say for sure without knowing the setting...

Also, as an earth elemental, doesn't seem like she should really need to breath... and possibly not eat or sleep...

If she can be broken down into mud and come back from that, shouldn't she have the resurrection adder on her regeneration?

I figure if she's completely washed away into a mud puddle (or blown up, or otherwise reduced to more than negative BODY), her animating force is dispelled and Mother Nature has to put out a want ad for a new earth elemental. She can only safely disperse herself into the planetary crust and reassemble elsewhere by an intentional act of will, and even then it takes so much out of her that she's left stunned by the effort.

I'd probably redo Span the Globe and make it a slot in her MP instead. Should save a good chunk of points.

I thought about doing that as a multipower slot for MegaScale Teleportation, but I liked the idea of supercharging her existing Tunneling slot instead.

Also, as an earth elemental, doesn't seem like she should really need to breath... and possibly not eat or sleep...

Yeah, I'd thought about going for the self-contained breathing, but it was going to be tough to find the points. I figure due to her vulnerability and power limitations she's not going to be going into space or under the ocean, so it hopefully won't be an issue. As for eating, she does need life-bearing soil for sustenance, though she absorbs it directly instead of chowing down. Having a mostly human mind definitely means she still needs sleep though.

Yeah' date=' I'd thought about going for the self-contained breathing, but it was going to be tough to find the points. I figure due to her vulnerability and power limitations she's not going to be going into space or under the ocean, so it hopefully won't be an issue. As for eating, she does need life-bearing soil for sustenance, though she absorbs it directly instead of chowing down. Having a mostly human mind definitely means she still needs sleep though.[/quote']

That could still mean she could survive indefinetly in the wildniss, without need to hunt (Survival Roll). Just only as long as she has contact with the ground.