Costumes

Cassandra

Re: Costumes

Who hass the best and worst costuumes will require some consideration. But before I weigh in three questions come to mind.

Mysterio's xostume yea or ney?

Wasp's often changing costume is attributed to her being a fashion designer. Anyone know of real life fashion designers that have commented on hero costumes?

The Sperman picture above. Going with the concept he should really be more bare chested, but they needed somewhere to put the cape. So that gets a pass. But what the heck is with that diamond stuck off by itself? Some really lame attempt to emulate the s symbol?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who hass the best and worst costuumes will require some consideration. But before I weigh in three questions come to mind.

Mysterio's xostume yea or ney?

Wasp's often changing costume is attributed to her being a fashion designer. Anyone know of real life fashion designers that have commented on hero costumes?

The Sperman picture above. Going with the concept he should really be more bare chested, but they needed somewhere to put the cape. So that gets a pass. But what the heck is with that diamond stuck off by itself? Some really lame attempt to emulate the s symbol?

1) I've always liked Mysterio's costume. Don't understand the dislike.

2) Never heard of any. Sounds like it could have been an article for Wizard. But I don't think they ever did one either.

3) You got me. I will point out as an aside, that there are bare-chested superheroes. Off the top of my head, I can name Hawkman, Hercules, The Incredible Hulk, The Thing, Namor The Sub-Mariner, The Beast when he first became blue-furred--and perhaps the most famous, Tarzan Of The Apes.

As for superheroine costumes, even Wonder Woman and the original look for Black Canary look fully dressed and practical compared to the Philippines' Darna.

Hope that helps.

Costumes can make the hero

There is a Dell Comics character called the Owl. He's a police detective who rich and he becomes a crime fighter so he can work outside the law. He has a asian butler, his own plane, and later a woman reporter named Belle Wayne becomes Owl Girl. He's basically a cross between Green Hornet and Batman.

But his costume isn't that interesting (Owl Girl's is, however) and he's been all but forgotten.

You can read his stories at Comic Book Plus. Their in the achieves.

I thought that "Wonder Woman's" all white jumpsuit costume that she wore in her "non super powered phase" was pretty dire. "Paste Pot Pete's" blue outfit with a bloated (because it was full of paste ?) brown vest with gun attached was hopeless as well; then there is the prediliction for purple that was suffered by so many Marvel villains in the 60's !