Sunnydale, California for Champions 5E

Mark Rand

Official Angel Spoilers ----

1) Spike (before years end) will indeed be made human.  Not just tangible, Shanshu Human :)

2) Andrew (T.Lenk) will be guesting soon on Angel, fresh from his training (with Giles) :)

Lastly, looks like Mercedes will be officially joining the cast soon.  It's possible she'll be added to the main credits (title sequence) as soon as January.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned the fanfiction.net website in your most recent

post as a source of B:tVS/Other Series crossovers, and I do say

that, yes, there are some decidedly interesting stories in

there, but there are some definitely strange crossovers in there

as well. There are several Buffy/Star Trek crossovers that I know

of in there, and at least one Buffy/Ronin Warriors story (now,

admittedly, I can't remember if this one is actually in the story

archives of fanfiction.net or is on some other website, but I

have seen it on the Web). There are also a number of Buffy/

Highlander stories as well.

With regards to some earlier questions about how Batman would

fare against a Buffyverse vampire, I have only this to say: Anyone

who has the sheer stones to issue the "fistfight challenge" to

Kalibak (or someone like him) vis-a-vis Neo in The Matrix,

and hold his own against him to boot, is not going to have any

trouble whatsoever when it comes time to crack open a keg

of whoop-a$$ on the latest batch of Sunnydale bloodsuckers.

Space Cadet :cool:

• 1 month later...

Here's a campaign idea I was kicking around in my head.

When the earthquake hit, Sunnydale High was demolished, again, the buildings close to it sufferred a great deal of damage, but the rest of the city's still intact.

Since the Initative told other federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies about the city's problems, the agencies have been keeping an eye on things, but letting the Slayer and her associates deal with undead threats.

Now, Buffy and her associates have to find and train the new Slayers and Watchers and assign them to hot spots around the world.

Additionally, crime is on the increase and a superhero team is forming. This is where our story starts.

Comment is invited.

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Hi all,

Any of you see last night's Angel episode, the 99th? I did. Interesting stuff in it.

Yours,

Mark Rand

I loved learning where everyone took off to [Tara/Kennedy = Rio, Buffy/Dawn = Rome, Giles = England).  Too bad the Scoobies aren't together anymore :(  But at least they are in spirit / mission.

I wonder what Xan's up to in Africa?  Probably doin the spiritual journey of self-discovery thang ;)

Did I miss it, or, where did he say Faith and/or Robin are?  Maybe Faith's out on the open road(s), like her spinoff would've had her [be].

- Can't wait for next week's epi :)

P.S. Andrew's admission that Buffy & the council don't trust Angel anymore, really makes me believe they sent that (Wesley's Dad) Watcher robot afterall. :mad:

Originally posted by Nightfly

P.S. Andrew's admission that Buffy & the council don't trust Angel anymore, really makes me believe they sent that (Wesley's Dad) Watcher robot afterall. :mad:

Given that Giles and Buffy both got screwed by the Council (mainly in BUFFY Season 3), that they're now in charge of the new Slayers, and that the Council's destruction last year gave them a chance to rebuild things the way they want them, why would Buffy's team want to work with Wesley's dad or any other representative of the old Council?

If I were them, I'd rather trust Wolfram & Hart. :D

JG

Originally posted by James Gillen

why would Buffy's team want to work with Wesley's dad or any other representative of the old Council?

Sacred duty, yadda-yadda-yadda.

Probably cuz they have a pedigree of knowledge / experience in the area (at least the ones that're left).

Despite the various difficulties they've had with 'em, I'm comfortable believing that (at least, if no one else) Giles retains respect for the institution and it's mission.

Hearing Andrew say, "she's a Slayer" thus "she's ours" sure doesn't sound too much like a softer/gentler Council.  Frankly, it sounds kind of possessive to me (shrug).

Considering the progressions of (both) Giles & Wesley, I'd say the Watchers take their business extremely serious, and don't let a lot of sentimentality get in the way of 'the good fight'.

Originally posted by Nightfly

Hearing Andrew say, "she's a Slayer" thus "she's ours" sure doesn't sound too much like a softer/gentler Council.  Frankly, it sounds kind of possessive to me (shrug).

To me it indicates that (especially in the Jossverse) with great responsibility comes great ruthlessness. ;)

JG

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Angone see episode 100 of Angel? I did. It wasn't bad, but I didn't like the ending.

Of course I didn't like the ending. But we already knew that Charisma Carpenter wasn't coming back; they just made sure that that would be the case.

At least Cordelia didn't have a "Tasha Yar death".

JG