Miniatures.

JohnOSpencer

I"ve been using Superfigs, Some of Sandra Garrity's Living Legend miniatures-(superhero minis for another super hero game), but mostly its been Heroclix customs lately.

FIGURES

Silver Age sentinels recently put out 4 Sandra Garrity sculpted minis lately and they are just beautiful. Ones a superman type, one running hero, one agent or psychic investigator kind and a female agent with guns out.

Heroclix has a couple of side characters, figures of police, enemy and ally superagents that no other line ever bothers with. If your local gamestore sells heroclix singles ask to see the Gotham pd, Shield agents, Hydra agents and Checkmate or intergang figs and try to buy the rookies which are sold cheaper, there poor in combat so your store may be glad to get rid of them

MAPS

I use Microtactix cardstock setpieces, they are paper foldup buildings, vehicles, bridges etc that you download in PDF. You can print as many as you want and they come in a varity of genres.http://www.microtactix.com/

Otherwise I just make up a basic floorplan in some basic Draw program then lay a hexgrid over it with a hex font from cumberland games.

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/cumberland.htm

Originally posted by Redmenace

Silver Age sentinels recently put out 4 Sandra Garrity sculpted minis lately and they are just beautiful. Ones a superman type, one running hero, one agent or psychic investigator kind and a female agent with guns out.

The SAS minis are pretty good(and the GF is a huge Sandra Garrity fan). I'll have to pick those up. I wonder when hero will get the picture and start making some?

John Spencer

Whatever I can find. I've got Superfigs (Nearly all of them), I-kore's VOID miniatures, Bobby Jackson's THUGZ, and anything I think I can paint to make look "heroic".

Not to sound too much like a shill, but New Wave Games is a great place to SEE the selection of miniatures out there because they have tons of pictures. I do my research there, even if I often buy a the local game store.

Well I use a variety of appoaches. I use cardstock figures for the most part due to its easy of availablity and I print them out on my printer. I also use some fiqures from the Foundry's Street Violence Line. I also use whatever else is handy.

I've looked at the SAS minis, not to bad, I might pick them up, but I'm not too sure yet. I've also heard good things about the HeroClix stuff, but I'm still not quite sure myself.

I like the Living Legend line but only half of them are 30mm, the other half is a petite 25mm. The scale isn't listed whenever I order on the web and nobody carries them out here.

For any one interested in cardboard hero type paper minis-

Cumberland games has a set of superheroic CB figs that are programed as a font. You type out say Capitol A for the front, hit return then lowercase a for the back of the figure. Being fonts they work in any word processing application, are scalable and have a nice selection. Plenty of other genres as well. A very nice and very affordable alternative to metal and plastic.

Check em out for yourself at Cumberland games, under SPARKS

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/cumberland.htm

We use cardboard counters. You get bazillions of them cheap (the little half inch ones) and can color code stuff, as well as label them (agents, villains, heroes, etc).

I do have enough painting to do with my 40k-ing and stuff. That, and most supers minis either really blow or are just too hard to turn into our designs.

I liked the old, original Champs minis (pre-Grenadier) with the multiple arms, heads, capes, gizmos, etc you could put on them to try and mix and match.

Originally posted by Blue

Not to sound too much like a shill, but New Wave Games is a great place to SEE the selection of miniatures out there because they have tons of pictures. I do my research there, even if I often buy a the local game store.

Yes, good place to look... but don't ever buy there. They charge you immediately, even if they don't have it in stock or don't expect to get it any time soon.

Took me three months to get my money back once. Bastids.

I use....

...mostly D&D type miniatures, some Star Wars ones, ShadowRun, Warhammer, Battletech....

Most I modify (usually deleting things, like swords) in some way but a few I dont. I have an Endor Leia with gun and cargo belt that makes a nice gadgeteer, and a vampire in a teddy that became one of my heroines.

Did a Warhammer Seraphim Battle Sister Superior last week as my gadgeteer/mentalist after much editting. Will see about getting a picture on her homepage.

http://www.geocities.com/cyn_starwars/bio/Mayday.htm