Comic Book Strength Scale

Cassandra

DC Comics Strength Scale

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale

Examples

15 STR - Adam Strange, Atom (Ray Palmer), Black Canary, Black Lightning, Catwoman, Flash (Any except Wally West), Green Lantern (Any not using Ring), Harley Quinn, Huntress, Lex Luthor, Talia al Ghul

20 STR - Bane (without Venom), Batgirl (listed as 250 lbs), Batman, Nightwing, Flash (Wally West), Green Arrow (Both), Joker, Wildcat.

40 STR - Bane (with Venom), Hawkwoman.

50 STR - Gorilla Grodd, Golden Age Superman.

55 STR - Cyborg, Starfire, Cassandra Sandsmark

60+ STR - Superman, Supergirl, Captain Marvel, Isis,

Marvel Strength Scale

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

Examples

15 STR - Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Taskmaster

20 STR - Moon Knight, Speed Demon, Black Widow, Black Panther, Black Cat

25 STR - Quicksilver, Vermin

30 STR - Captain America, Baron Blood

From the DC page:

This page is a relic from the dark days of the wikis. Though it's linked to on many pages, it's obsolete, arbitrary and badly sourced. It's not a good page. It's slowly being phased out so it can be deleted; there's no need to update this page.
Isn't that true about everything on the internet?

The Average Person

Male Char Female

10 STR 5

10 DEX 11

10 CON 10

10 BODY 10

10 INT 10

10 EGO 11

10 PRE 10

10 COM 10

2 PD 2

2 ED 2

2 SPD 2

4 SPD 3

20 END 20

20 STUN 18

Total Characteristics Cost: 0 Points

Cost Skills

0 Acting 8-

0 AK: Home Country or Region 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Lang: Native Language w/Literacy

0 Paramedic 8-

0 PS: Job or Hobby 11-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

0 TF: Small Ground Vehicles

0 WF: Clubs, Fist Loads, Thrown Rocks, Unarmed Combat

Total Skills Cost: 0 Points

• 2 weeks later...

Marvel Strength Scale

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

Examples

15 STR - Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Taskmaster

20 STR - Moon Knight, Speed Demon, Black Widow, Black Panther, Black Cat

25 STR - Quicksilver, Vermin

30 STR - Captain America, Baron Blood

Cap is 30 STR?  That seems high to me (although, I'm by no means a Cap (or Marvel) expert).

No...NCM is not, nor has it EVER been the max a character can be.  As written it is the point of diminishing gains.  IN THEORY a character could go as far as you can afford on strength by paying double.  Hero 5th (I think, maybe champions) says max human is 1.5xNCM in most cases

That's mostly an issue with the scaling of lifting Strength.  No one I know on the boards has ever claimed that a person can lift a ton.  That doesn't change that 30 is considered "peak human" in the CU (or that this conversation has been had a dozen times already).

If building Cap for a CU campaign I'd probably give Cap a STR of 25 with +5 STR, No Lifting (-0/ -1/4?)

Yeah, in a comic book or high fantasy universe a "normal" strong man might be able to lift a ton in Hero terms: Lift it, maybe stagger a few steps with it and put it down/drop it. Dead Lift over their heads and carry around with some degree of mobility is probably significantly less (or should be). This would be a legendary feat but the within in the realm of normal (not augmented or altered by magic, super science, etc) human being) human strength but incredibly rare and incredible.

Ok...30 STR means you can lift a ton. How many "peak humans" can do this? On the other note...I think STR 20-23 STR for Cap is probably fine.

Captain America, for one. :)

And Champs Strength that's a dead lift - records are a little more than 1100lbs. So a 25 (800kilos) is adequate.  

And it doesn't matter, everyone write them their way anyway. I give him a 30. 

One issue with interpreting STR of established characters is that lifting capacity goes up exponentially while damage goes up linearly.  I don't think anyone would claim Spider-Man is roughly half as strong as Colossus or Thor, yet with his 10-30 ton overhead lift (depending on the era) he has 45-50 some STR versus Thor's 60-65.  That closeness throws a lot of people off.  
I think we get overly caught up with the weight numbers because they are only Characteristic codified to real world numbers,

Yeah, in a comic book or high fantasy universe a "normal" strong man might be able to lift a ton in Hero terms: Lift it, maybe stagger a few steps with it and put it down/drop it. Dead Lift over their heads and carry around with some degree of mobility is probably significantly less (or should be). This would be a legendary feat but the within in the realm of normal (not augmented or altered by magic, super science, etc) human being) human strength but incredibly rare and incredible.

And in a super universe, who's to say where exactly the line is?  If there's an easily recognizable objective explanation in-universe for powers (like, say, the Wild Card virus) then it's probably pretty straightforward, but most superhero universes are a little more fuzzy.  If one guy can lift 1200 pounds and another can lift 2000, and neither of them has been screened for the super gene (or whatever), then how do we know that one is "normal" and one's not?