JmOz

Skills needed for a Government Liaison

Bureaucratics

Conversation

Persuasion

High Society

Seduction

INT 13 EGO 14 PRE 15 COM 18 

They wouldn't have to have much in the way of combat skills, but would rather have the ability to manage relations with the team and the U.S. Government.  They should be attractive and intelligent, had have access to the information the heroes might need.  Contact with their original organization (CIA, FBI, Military Branch, etc.) would be helpful, as well as a Deep Cover for where their real loyalties lie.

Ms. Marvel had that duty in the Super Hero Squad.

The Justice League Unlimited Series didn't have one, but Captain Atom was called back to the USAF to protect CADMUS.  

I'm wondering if Captain America could be recalled into the Army and made to serve as liaison.

There's one in the 5E book Everyman, in Chapter Five, "My Life As A Hero," detailing normal people who act as superhero support or consultants. Denise Dumont is a former Air Force officer who works for DOSPA (the "Department of Superhuman and Paranormal Affairs" in the CU). She's DOSPA's Superteam Liaison to the Champions.

I recall an UNTIL superteam liaison written up for Fourth Edition, but I'm not certain of the book he's in. I'm thinking HERO System Almanac II, or Champions Universe 4E, but I'll have to dig those books out to check. I'll get back to you.

I don't know that there would be many skills needed for the "Liason" super other than normal, possibly a few KS's/Perks concerning the organization they REALLY work for. Many such liasons in the genre don't seem to do much "paperwork" that you would expect a normal liason to do.

However a complication "Subject to Contrary orders" would be highly appropriate

"You can give me all the orders you want, Captain Amazingman, I have different ones. And mine come directly from the President."

Since you want an active superhero rather than than a bureaucratic attache, if you have either the Fifth or Sixth Edition versions of Champions Universe I woud recommend looking up the government-employed superheroes in those books, such as the All-American and Victory. They have several Skills and Perks in common.

Ms. Marvel had that duty in the Super Hero Squad.

The Justice League Unlimited Series didn't have one, but Captain Atom was called back to the USAF to protect CADMUS.  

I'm wondering if Captain America could be recalled into the Army and made to serve as liaison. I always though cap was the armys liason with the avengers since he was ;until being revived active duty military missing in action

Captain America got a check for a million dollars in back pay from the Government back in the 1980s.  But then the Government said since he took the money he was still on active duty and had to go on missions for them.  Cap was too proud to go to Tony Stark (who was distracted by having a mullet) and borrow a million dollars (which Stark would have had on his dresser) to pay the Government back.