Tech News From Japan: Panasonic to mass produce robotic ‘powered suit’.

clsage

There's a disturbingly huge amount of sexism and misogyny in geekdom. I'm trying to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. :)

I don't think there is anymore of it here than elsewhere.  Geeks might just have become slightly more aware of it...

I sometimes feel that the Japanese, as a culture, really, really want their manga/anime concepts to come to life. Some of what they come up with is practical and useful, but I believe they do a lot of it just because it's cool.

Well, I've seen people do things for worse reasons...

So, not actually a self guided robot.  They are remotely controlled drones. 

I never accepted the cop-out of calling something that has to be remotely controlled in real time a robot.  A robot can receive a general instruction, but can implement its own plan to achieve the goal.   You give the instruction and then do something else while the robot does its thing. 

So, not actually a self guided robot.  They are remotely controlled drones. 

I never accepted the cop-out of calling something that has to be remotely controlled in real time a robot.  A robot can receive a general instruction, but can implement its own plan to achieve the goal.   You give the instruction and then do something else while the robot does its thing. 

Agreed.

If it's remotely controlled, then it's a drone.  If it's working on its own programming without external control, then it's a robot.