5th Edition 250 Points Comic Book Characters

Cassandra

I think I had him calculated around 40-45 yeah, although again, he's really variable.  He can pick up a bus but sometimes he strains to do other things.  And I know, comics, but he can do a haymaker on guys like Dr Octopus back when he was just a tubby scientist and not even knock him out.

• 2 weeks later...

Cassandra I was thinking, what lkint level would you put one trick pony villians at? For example Power man fought Discus and Stilleto. They probably wouldn't be states out as full 250 pt villians but more than 150 pt. Im thinking

That's a good thought.  A villain with a powerful attack who goes down with one punch is very common in comics.  Sometimes you just have to get past their special effects.

Hero is great for making in-depth heroes and villians. Not so much for one use villians though. The more I think about it, a template would be very useful for this type of character. Then if the character seems to be a hit, then the GM can go and flesh him out more.

There are two kinds of villains.  The ones that stay around awhile, and those which disappear after one appearance.  The ones with staying power may not be the most powerful, but tend to be the most interesting.  The expendable villains usually rely on a temporary power, or specific device for their powers.  They tend to be normals who are completely dependent on their powers for defense and attack.  Once they lose it they are helpless or easy to knock out.  They are useful for non-powered heroes who can use their skills (Deduction, Tactics, etc.) to find their weakness.

The Joker is an example of a villian that was supposed to be a one shot but his popularity was so great the rest is history. Now im not so abiut Gideon Mace from Powerman so to speak but I could see him as a one shot and a player said "I really liked him" and the GM thinks hmmm... and then fleshed him out some more.

The Joker is an example of a villian that was supposed to be a one shot but his popularity was so great the rest is history. Now im not so abiut Gideon Mace from Powerman so to speak but I could see him as a one shot and a player said "I really liked him" and the GM thinks hmmm... and then fleshed him out some more.

The same thing happened to Black Canary in Johnny Thunder.  She was originally a jewel thief but a sexy blonde in fishnets proved to be so popular they turned her into a crime fighter and she replaced Johnny in the Justice Society of America.  

I'm going to throw myself on the mercy of the Board.

Does anyone know of a write-up of DC's Captain Comet? 250 points would be fine, 500 or more would be better. My GM hates the character and my write-ups for being TOO good at EVERYTHING.

On top of a low powered Superman like array of physical powers, he's got intuitive senses, is probably one of the top 5 mentalists in the DC Universe and has some heavy duty teleport.

We have a "how ever many points you need" multiversal "Play your favorites" game. But first you have to prove a valid version of the character. Else people would have Silver Age "I juggle planets" power level Superman with Desolid and Duplication from the '50's TV show. (one guy tried it)

We agreed if I could find an objective third party version I could play it, but he's a pretty obscure character and I can't find one on the net. Either the L.E.G.I.O.N. version or the Jim Starlin 2010ish Mystery in Space reboot (lower Phys stats but added Teleport) would be fantastic. Even I don't have the nerve to try to play the original Silver Age version.

Please help me make Adam Blake, CAPTAIN COMET live again!

I'm going to throw myself on the mercy of the Board.

Does anyone know of a write-up of DC's Captain Comet? 250 points would be fine, 500 or more would be better. My GM hates the character and my write-ups for being TOO good at EVERYTHING.

On top of a low powered Superman like array of physical powers, he's got intuitive senses, is probably one of the top 5 mentalists in the DC Universe and has some heavy duty teleport.

We have a "how ever many points you need" multiversal "Play your favorites" game. But first you have to prove a valid version of the character. Else people would have Silver Age "I juggle planets" power level Superman with Desolid and Duplication from the '50's TV show. (one guy tried it)

We agreed if I could find an objective third party version I could play it, but he's a pretty obscure character and I can't find one on the net. Either the L.E.G.I.O.N. version or the Jim Starlin 2010ish Mystery in Space reboot (lower Phys stats but added Teleport) would be fantastic. Even I don't have the nerve to try to play the original Silver Age version.

Please help me make Adam Blake, CAPTAIN COMET live again!

I've never built Captain Comet.  I'll look up the character and have something up next week.