What kind of Champions adventures would you like to see?

Christopher R Taylor

58 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Champions adventures would you like to see?

• Golden Age Champions
    • Silver Age Champions
    • Humorous or silly
    • Long series of related adventures
    • Champions Universe related (characters etc)
    • Dark Champions
    • City Adventures
    • Adventures in unusual settings (underwater, space, etc)
    • Dimensional or Time Travel type
    • Campaign settings with adventures
    • Horror or suspense based
    • Gritty, super realistic stories
    • Espionage and Intrigue
    • Global adventures with lots of exotic locations
    • Crossover to other genres (western, pirates, etc)
    • Stand alone one-off adventures

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its interesting to me because it seems that people here are less interested in one-off adventures they can drop into their campaign so much as wanting a structured campaign setting with a chain of adventures in it they can play.  People must be running short on time :)

Actually, before reading the quoted post, I was thinking that an option that was missing from the poll was a collection of small unrelated one-off adventures.  Which poll options are you considering as one-off adventures?

Yeah when I made the poll I figured any choice except the obvious long-connected ones to be single shot adventures but... since you can choose more than one, that doesn't work.

I've since added a one-off choice but its not going to be very helpful, since you can't go back and re-vote. :/

Yeah when I made the poll I figured any choice except the obvious long-connected ones to be single shot adventures but... since you can choose more than one, that doesn't work.

I've since added a one-off choice but its not going to be very helpful, since you can't go back and re-vote. :/

You can always Delete your vote and re-vote.  Which is what I did.  :)

I love the subject of Time Travel.  There are a lot of book, television, and movie references to full a book on just that.

I hate time travel adventures. I may publish time-travel villains, eventually, but Time Travel adventures always frustrate, anger, and confuse my players. There are too many different versions of time travel to satisfy a group, and every time travel adventure is different.

So, the answer is "Publishing a time travelling villain? YES! It has to be there as part of the setting. Publishing a time-travel adventure? Absolutely not." The adventures tend to be very railroady, and produce numerous problems that can divide groups and make your good friends angry.

Yeah, but dimension/reality hopping is so last world.

I used Time Travel flashbacks once or twice as GM to foreshadow events or correct GM mistakes. And once after a Total Party Kill in Shadowrun. (Players did not understand the games names is what they should aspire too)

Also made a great halucination/backflash wjen PC's destroyed Plot Device/McGuffin.

QM

In an odd way, I see that as a reason to make a bundle of time travel adventures...they are very hard to do. So that is a product that fills an unanswered need. I'd suggest having a few paragraphs on foreshadowing, and retro adventuring, so they buyer has tools to use after the senarios are all done.

I have fond memories of a complex time travel scenario, where we got dragooned into helping Super scientist lad, who accidentaly killed his DNPC, and blamed, everybody but me! and became a villain. We got to fight Dinosaurs, visit the Ice age, and team up with Golden age heroes we had been inspired by. :rockon:  (Oh, and met Aliens as well) Then the DNPC contacted us, she had found his old lab, and wanted to use it to un delete him from the universe. :shock:

It looks like "long series of related adventures" in the "city" is the big winner with campaign settings and globe trotting adventures mixed in.  From this I extrapolate that people would like to see a more or less typical comic book setting of a supergroup in a city with a campaign setting, which is then faced with a chain of related adventures that take them around the world to exotic locations in the process.

• 3 months later...

I'm toying with the concept of giving characters "influence" points in addition to xps to act as loot; as they do good deeds they get influence points as well which they can spend on stuff like contacts, favors, toward stuff like the base, the vehicles, the agents, the AI for the base, and so on.  That way they feel some sense of development and goodies for the team to work together with instead of just personal development.  And it quantifies their impact on the campaign setting more than just remembering adventures and attaboys once in a while.

In my golden age game I emailed people "thank you" letters from kids they saved at the 1939 World's Fair (Triffids and giant robots and clockworks oh my!) and that was really well accepted too. It was fun coming up with the little kid letters with fun fonts and pictures kids drew online of dogs and stuff.  Sometimes that kind of thing is even more welcome than xps.  And in a superhero game you don't usually get +2 swords of VIPER slaying or other treasures, so its nice to have something extra.

So what I was thinking is that a campaign that gave like 10 adventures linked together in a "path" starting with the heroes as they begin, introducing the main enemies and the arch villain, and the hints of a major awful plot they have to unmask and defeat.  By the end of the path the PCs would be fully established in a base, vehicle, contacts, etc and the main enemy and evil plot defeated.  Along the way they pick up these influence points, hero points, and ordinary xps as they build their team up.

Oh no I wouldn't spend for them.  I'd give them a list of things that they can spend the influence points on, and the list would expand over time as they gained fame and became more established. It could start out with contacts on the police department, reporters, that kind of thing.  Then it would be a beginners, simple base, then vehicles, more gear for the base, federal contacts, specialized multipurpose vehicles, etc as time went on.  What they got would be up to them.  Its just a way of making this stuff available in a more fun team-building sort of way, so people cooperate and donate points together to get things.

I'm toying with the concept of giving characters "influence" points in addition to xps to act as loot; as they do good deeds they get influence points as well which they can spend on stuff like contacts, favors, toward stuff like the base, the vehicles, the agents, the AI for the base, and so on.  That way they feel some sense of development and goodies for the team to work together with instead of just personal development.  And it quantifies their impact on the campaign setting more than just remembering adventures and attaboys once in a while.

In my golden age game I emailed people "thank you" letters from kids they saved at the 1939 World's Fair (Triffids and giant robots and clockworks oh my!) and that was really well accepted too. It was fun coming up with the little kid letters with fun fonts and pictures kids drew online of dogs and stuff.  Sometimes that kind of thing is even more welcome than xps.  And in a superhero game you don't usually get +2 swords of VIPER slaying or other treasures, so its nice to have something extra.

So what I was thinking is that a campaign that gave like 10 adventures linked together in a "path" starting with the heroes as they begin, introducing the main enemies and the arch villain, and the hints of a major awful plot they have to unmask and defeat.  By the end of the path the PCs would be fully established in a base, vehicle, contacts, etc and the main enemy and evil plot defeated.  Along the way they pick up these influence points, hero points, and ordinary xps as they build their team up.

One "bene" that I've tried that went over very well was naming things after heros. "Defender's Park", or renaming streets etc..."The Nighthawk building", it is the main police station, and jail..:)

• 2 months later...