Is there a Champions version of SHIELD?

Echo3Niner

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it back when comic book villains were honest and up front about it.  They'd call themselves the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and stare you in the eye daring you to comment.  None of this namby pambying around and moral equivalent gray areas.  They were villains and proud of it.

I loved it back when comic book villains were honest and up front about it.  They'd call themselves the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and stare you in the eye daring you to comment.  None of this namby pambying around and moral equivalent gray areas.  They were villains and proud of it.

Yep.

My favorite is The Guild of Calamitous Intent.  No ambiguity there.

IMHO that's one of the common elements of the superhero genre that when handled right makes it so appealing. In the real world that's often so ambiguous, where it can be really hard to tell good from bad, where the unethical seems so pervasive yet so hidden... it can be incredibly satisfying to visit a world where evil is clearly identifiable, where it has a name and a face you can punch. :D

I came up with this organization when I started playing Champions.

Crisis Response Intelligence Security & Investigation Service (CRISIS)

The Organization was created in the 1980s during the Presidency of Stephen Decatur Clark, who himself was a Golden Age Crime Fighter known as the Nighthawk.  He appointed Marine Col. James Whitney as it's first Director, and Naval Commander Cassidy Young as it's Deputy Director.  Cassidy had been the superheroine Columbia, and the balance between a Human/Superhuman had been started with the formation of the United Superheroes of America during  World War Two.  At that time Nighthawk had been elected it's first President, and he chose the Patriotic Superheroine Miss Freedom as his Vice President.  When Clark received the Presidential Nomination he chose her real life identity, Melissa Fremont Blake, as his Vice President.

There are four Six Directorates in CRISIS.  Response consisted of Elite Commandos who would be sent in to deal with a sudden Crisis.  Intelligence Agents would be sent in to gather information about potential threats.  Security would be Powered Armored Agents who would defend critical locations against superhuman threats.  Investigation Agents would look into unusual crimes.  Administration would handle the paper work, and Science & Technology would provide technical support.

IMHO that's one of the common elements of the superhero genre that when handled right makes it so appealing. In the real world that's often so ambiguous, where it can be really hard to tell good from bad, where the unethical seems so pervasive yet so hidden... it can be incredibly satisfying to visit a world where evil is clearly identifiable, where it has a name and a face you can punch. :D

The Overbrain laughes at your pathetic face punching!

From Villains and Vigilantes

CHESS - Central Headquarters for Espionage of the Secret Service

Types of Agents

Pawns - Robotic doubles for Targets of Assassination.

Rooks (Male)/Doves (Female) - Standard Agents of CHESS.  

Knights (Male)/Valkyries (Females) - Powered Armor Assault Agents of CHESS.

Bishops (Male)/Angels (Females) - These are the top agents of CHESS.  Each agent has a code name, and the skills/equipment/powers to take on a supervillain.

King (Male)/Queen (Female) - The Co-Directors of CHESS.  The Current King is Homer Grimsby, a Political Connected Bureaucrat and former Secret Service Agent.  The Current Queen is Alexandria Huntington, a CHESS agent who worked her way up from being a Dove.  Her code name as an Angel was Diana.

I was thinking of creating a supervillian group based on some Champions characters.  

The Fox would be the leader.  Oculon, Black Diamond, Black Claw, and Esper would be the members.  

They would be known as The Y-Nauts.

A while ago I posted a villain team concept to the forums, assembling a group of solo villains from Champions Villains Vol. 3. None of them were written to be part of a group, and they all appeared for Fifth Edition in different source books; but seeing them all in one volume, the numerous commonalities between them seemed to demand that they be brought together.

Gaia's Wrath is a group of extreme eco-terrorists who consider humans a threat to the survival of all life on this planet. They've sworn a genocidal war against humanity, to either eradicate the species, or so decimate their population that they'll no longer be a danger to the biosphere (and potentially, so the remnants will be easier to conquer and rule). Gaia's Wrath also have a support network of human radicals who agree with their cause, making them more an organization than a simple superteam.

I wrote up the team in the format used for the CV trilogy, i.e. Membership, Background/History, Group Relations, etc.