SAT, WITCH, CLOWN, And Other Forgoten Orgs.

steriaca

Any ideal about what PAGEN could stand for? It might give us ideals on how to run them.

CLOWN: Civic-minded League Of Wacky Nonconformist.

SAT: Special (or secret) American Tactics

WITCH: Woman's International Technology Coven H

RAVEN: Not a accunam, in spite of how they spell it.

European Enemies is a supplement I don't own (since it seems to be universally panned), but based on the PAGON spelling:

Pan-continental Assembly for Growth, Order and Nourishment

Sounds like a greenpeace or world hunger type organization, but could secretly be eco-terrorists in the Poison Ivy vein, seeking to elevate mankind by reducing them to compost for . . a more just and verdant world (heh, heh).

PAGAN could be super-luddites, trying to drive humanity back to pre-historic days of presumed innocent savagery with a real paleo diet for everyone.  Completely opposed to even the simplest technology beyond the stone age.  Using shamanistic magic, huge prehistoric monsters, and ancient hunting techniques. 

As presented in European Enimies, PAGON/PAGEN was basically WITCH with male membership (along with the female ruling class). I would rather have them be their own group myself, without mimicing others. The 'anti-tech' angle could be intresting...or the 'pro-plant' angle.

Just for the record, the group's name was PAGAN, like the word. ;)

Great job, Enforcer, on fleshing out WITCH. I don't like the ideal of them being magic based (sorry, WITCH is not DEMON in drag). I love the fact that the group is small, and more investgatie than other orgs (and, yes, I know 'investgatie' is not a word).

To be fair, there's no reason WITCH/PAGAN has to resemble DEMON stylistically just because they employ magic. That's like saying any criminal group that uses hi-tech has to be just like VIPER without the snake motif. In the CU the Circle of the Scarlet Moon is a magic-using villain org, but that's almost the only thing they have in common with DEMON. Their profiles, methods of operation, trappings, styles of magic, long-term goals, are very different.

However, this feminist group could be an opportunity to revive the motif of pre-5E DEMON as employing both sorcery and technology, representing a blend of ancient and modern concepts of feminism.

Hay, remember it is your campaign...you decided exactly how your groups are. You don't like "Endoite DEMON"...then they don't exist in your campaign. Or 'replaced' with 4ed DEMON, transfered to Champions Complete. You want a more magical WITCH? Then so they are. A murderous CLOWN? Then god help you, but nobody can stop you.

Never ran one, never seen one run. But for discussion purposes among diverse gamers, it is nice to have a common frame of reference.

OTOH I often find myself addressing questions about the official setting's "lore" on discussion forums devoted to Champions Online roleplayers. The MMORPG version obviously does have a default official universe that everyone playing the game is part of, unless a player isn't concerned about roleplaying consistently with the game world. But many people do seem to want to fit their PCs into the Champions Universe framework.