Aaron Allston's Strike Force for 6E is Happening!

Susano

the phoss boss is still around?

I honestly have no idea. Strike Force may have ended before Aaron died (or may have been on another extended hiatus). As far as I know, Denis Loubet is not playing Phosphene at the moment, although he's mentioned playing in something Jeff Dee is running (a fantasy game I think). I'm fairly certain no one decided to try and run Strike Force game after Aaron died.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not surprising. AA's game group must feel some pretty strong emotions about it. :(

Michael, may I ask what's struck you the most about this project? I mean, the sort of thing that makes you think, "this is why it's really something special."

The sheer scale, I think. The amount of detail Aaron put into things and how much he solicited player feedback and input.

Ah. That's a point worth clarifying, I think, since Jason's original announcement mentioned SW and M&M. The latest press release doesn't specify anything beyond Hero.

FWIW I updated the announcement of the new SF on the RPGnet forums with that press release plus your posts on your writing progress. I expect someone there to ask about other systems.

Ah. That's a point worth clarifying, I think, since Jason's original announcement mentioned SW and M&M. The latest press release doesn't specify anything beyond Hero.

FWIW I updated the announcement of the new SF on the RPGnet forums with that press release plus your posts on your writing progress. I expect someone there to ask about other systems.

The Kickstarter page will be more clear as to what other systems will be addressed. I'm not 100% sure what they are. IIRC, mention was made of M&M, SW, Icons, P&P. and the core book will be HERO.

This is amazing news and I can't wait for the Kickstarter to launch so I can contribute.

Aaron Allston made a major impact on me with his material. Two of note was the Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (of which I still have my old beat up copy) and, of course, Strike Force.

I loved Strike Force primarily for detailing his campaign and filling us in with what was going on with his group of players as the campaign developed. Being a primary GM for most games, I appreciated the advice and tools he shared for running an effective and dynamic world. I still use the blue book concept in the form of all the electronic conveniences we have at our disposal (software, campaign wikis, etc).

I lost my old copy of Strike Force along with The Blood and Dr. McQuark (The Blood was Aaron Allston's contribution to that book but you already know that).

On a lighter note, I always take pause when I see one of Michael's posts. My birth name is Susano (named after my father) so it takes me a moment to remember that Michael uses that profile name and not an accidental profile change on my part. Lol.

Michael, thanks so much for your hard work. I appreciate the content you produce.

This is amazing news and I can't wait for the Kickstarter to launch so I can contribute.

Aaron Allston made a major impact on me with his material. Two of note was the Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (of which I still have my old beat up copy) and, of course, Strike Force.

I loved Strike Force primarily for detailing his campaign and filling us in with what was going on with his group of players as the campaign developed. Being a primary GM for most games, I appreciated the advice and tools he shared for running an effective and dynamic world. I still use the blue book concept in the form of all the electronic conveniences we have at our disposal (software, campaign wikis, etc).

I lost my old copy of Strike Force along with The Blood and Dr. McQuark (The Blood was Aaron Allston's contribution to that book but you already know that).

On a lighter note, I always take pause when I see one of Michael's posts. My birth name is Susano (named after my father) so it takes me a moment to remember that Michael uses that profile name and not an accidental profile change on my part. Lol.

Michael, thanks so much for your hard work. I appreciate the content you produce.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update -- we're at 60-65k words. I have written up 6 NPCs/villains, and have 17 Hero Designer files for various PCs (some PCs have a start and end file). We are now producing some designer diaries, a rough draft of the first part of the part for Kickstarter backers, and trying to spread the word. 

You can help! Let me know about podcasts and mailing lists, and talk about the project on social media.

Kickstarter link to come as soon as I have one.

I only just heard about all this, including Aaron's death.  (I gotta pull my head out of the sand more often.)

Aaron was a HUGE influence on my gamer life.

I LOVED his novel, Doc Sidhe

I still have Strike Force and Blood & Dr McQuark in a box somewhere.

One of my characters that I love more than the others is said to be Phosphene's Half-Sister in my own campaign.

So, off the top of my head:

How do you pronounce "Ean"?

Can we have a Blood sourcebook?

Do you realize that an Ean sourcebook would be as good for Fantasy campaigns as it would for Superhero settings?

Take My Money!

I only just heard about all this, including Aaron's death.  (I gotta pull my head out of the sand more often.)

One of my characters that I love more than the others is said to be Phosphene's Half-Sister in my own campaign.

Do you realize that an Ean sourcebook would be as good for Fantasy campaigns as it would for Superhero settings?

Take My Money!

"Ean"? No idea.

A Blood sourcebook depends on how successful the Kickstarter is.

True.

Take My Money!

I think it would be pronounced " E an""