Aaron Allston's Strike Force for 6E is Happening!

Susano

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to support this on Kickstarter. But then I read the author list. And well apparently they are using a writer whose work I absolutely hate. So I won't be picking up this book at all. It's a no sale to me.

The shame in this is that I am a huge fan of the original Strike Force book. But I guess I will just have to settle for the copy of the original book I already have.

I was going to support this on Kickstarter. But then I read the author list. And well apparently they are using a writer whose work I absolutely hate. So I won't be picking up this book at all. It's a no sale to me.

The shame in this is that I am a huge fan of the original Strike Force book. But I guess I will just have to settle for the copy of the original book I already have.

Author for what? The core book has material by myself, Sean Fannon, Ross Watson, and Steve Kenson. That's it as far as I know. Unless you count all of the testimonials to Aaron.

Well, when I posted about this on another board, a couple of repliers didn't care for the fact that it was for Champions 6th Edition.  It's a disappointing sentiment, but it's there.

On the other hand, when I posted the news on yet another board, I got this response--

"Of all the books in my gaming wall. This was the most... Human."

I count that as a vote in favor, wouldn't you?

Again, it's disappointing, but not everyone is going to support this.  Fortunately, not everyone has to.

Well, when I posted about this on another board, a couple of repliers didn't care for the fact that it was for Champions 6th Edition.  It's a disappointing sentiment, but it's there.

On the other hand, when I posted the news on yet another board, I got this response--

"Of all the books in my gaming wall. This was the most... Human."

I count that as a vote in favor, wouldn't you?

Again, it's disappointing, but not everyone is going to support this.  Fortunately, not everyone has to.

Strange, since the bulk of the book has no system stats in it at all.

<SNIP> Well, when I posted about this on another board, a couple of repliers didn't care for the fact that it was for Champions 6th Edition.  It's a disappointing sentiment, but it's there. <SNIP>

"HERO haters gonna hate."

Scrolling down the Kickstarter page (since I doubt someone for whom Champions 6e is a nonstarter frequents these boards for added details), I see:

"created using Champions 6th Edition."

A cover that does not mention any game system.

A quote from Steve Long (author, Champions Villains)

WAY further down, "Aaron Allston's Strike Force presents the characters and villains of the setting in the Hero System, but we also have packages available to present these heroes and enemies in other rulesets such as Mutants and Masterminds, ICONS, and Savage Worlds."

Followed by a quote from "Darren Watts, Galactic Champions"

Way down at the bottom we see Hero Labs character packs right after Hero Designer.

And a picture of the first one's cover, emblazoned with "Champions Campaign Sourcebook" prominently.

Last quote goes to Dean Shomshak, Ultimate Mystic (which a reader may or may not know as a Hero/Champions book).

Given all of the above, a reader of the page could easily believe this is first and foremost a Hero System product. What would leap off the page to tell him otherwise?

Can you still clarify this at/near the top of the page?