Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

On 4/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, steriaca said:

If you remove Darkion you can do a book on the Ubermachien and the villains created by them, along with Professor Pomegranate.

Who are some others from the program? Thinking of a supplement by itself. Add the Prof.  Plus old & new subjects.

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

#15 is Eclipse from European Enemies? I'm sure you can do better on the write ups.

We shall see 

Edited by tiger

5 hours ago, tiger said:

Who are some others from the program? Thinking of a supplement by itself. Add the Prof.  Plus old & new subjects.

We shall see 

I'm sure you can create a few new test subjects. Please note in the final product that this is your interpretation of everything. 

27 minutes ago, steriaca said:

I'm sure you can create a few new test subjects. Please note in the final product that this is your interpretation of everything. 

Was going to. Still like to find a few older characters to include in the book or at least a list of alumni 

21 hours ago, steriaca said:

Was going to. Still like to find a few older characters to include in the book or at least a list of alumni.

Making a new series called Forgotten Organizations, they will be included also Sanctuary, Neutral Ground, not sure who else. May put Witch there

Let's see, Super Agents introduced a few which weren't carried over to 5E or 6E: RAVEN, Starguard International, Near Space Defense. Raven was modified (including dropping the all-caps) for An Eye for an Eye for Dark Champions 4E. Special American Tactics (SAT) was introduced in the old Deathstroke module, elaborated in Super Agents, and redefined and updated to 4E in Hero System Almanac II.  Dean Shomshak came up with some interesting supernatural orgs: Ouroboros and the Vril Society in The Ultimate Super Mage, and Hunters Moon in The Super Mage Bestiary. Ouroboros also got a dedicated villain team, "The Chosen of Abraxas," in Digital Hero #4.

Details for any of the above available upon request. I'll see what else I can think of. :)

Edited by Lord Liaden

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Let's see, Super Agents introduced a few which weren't carried over to 5E or 6E: RAVEN, Starguard International, Near Space Defense. Raven was modified (including dropping the all-caps) for Justice, Not Law for Dark Champions 4E. Special American Tactics (SAT) was introduced in the old Deathstroke module, elaborated in Super Agents, and redefined and updated to 4E in Hero System Almanac II.  Dean Shomshak came up with some interesting supernatural orgs: Ouroboros and the Vril Society in The Ultimate Super Mage, and Hunters Moon in The Super Mage Bestiary. Ouroboros also got a dedicated villain team, "The Chosen of Abraxas," in Digital Hero #4.

Details for any of the above available upon request. I'll see what else I can think of. :)

I'd like to see all of those groups get written up for 6th Ed.

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

EDIT: The 4E Dark Champions reworking of Raven was published in An Eye for an Eye, not Justice, Not Law as I wrote earlier. I apologize for my error.

No problem thanks for the heads up. 

Thought I'd I might add villains who gained abilities through unnamed government experiments to Operation Ubermachien.

Edited by tiger

On 4/11/2023 at 4:56 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Let's see, Super Agents introduced a few which weren't carried over to 5E or 6E: RAVEN, Starguard International, Near Space Defense. Raven was modified (including dropping the all-caps) for An Eye for an Eye for Dark Champions 4E. Special American Tactics (SAT) was introduced in the old Deathstroke module, elaborated in Super Agents, and redefined and updated to 4E in Hero System Almanac II.  Dean Shomshak came up with some interesting supernatural orgs: Ouroboros and the Vril Society in The Ultimate Super Mage, and Hunters Moon in The Super Mage Bestiary. Ouroboros also got a dedicated villain team, "The Chosen of Abraxas," in Digital Hero #4.

Here's what I looking at for now.

Project Ubermachien

Witch

Red Doom

Raven

Hunter’s  Moon

I did a version of SAT in TPP Champion Organizations

2 hours ago, tiger said:

Here's what I looking at for now.

Project Ubermachien

I don't exactly know where the "Project" part came from. But yes, the Ubermachien. It probably originally a government program to create super soldiers to fight in Nam.

2 hours ago, tiger said:

Witch

Glad to hear it is on the schedule. 

2 hours ago, tiger said:

Red Doom

Kinda out of date, but it might be cool to have 80's evil empire Soviet Union vibes.

2 hours ago, tiger said:

Raven

Raven is like VIPER meets SPECTOR. But would they have superpowered agents.

2 hours ago, tiger said:

Hunter’s  Moon

This group I don't remember. What were they about?

2 hours ago, tiger said:

I did a version of SAT in TPP Champion Organizations

I'm curious how you would distinguish WITCH from Hunters Moon? Seems there's an awful lot of overlap in their roots and attitudes.

12 minutes ago, steriaca said:

This group I don't remember. What were they about?

Hunters Moon is a cult of magic-using feminist (although not exclusively feminine) pagans worshipping the goddess Hecate. Who are also werewolves.

Dean Shomshak created the cult as it appeared in The Super Mage Bestiary. Perhaps if he sees this he'll grace us with further insights.

Edited by Lord Liaden

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Have you considered the time frame in which you want to set Red Doom? Because with history as part of the Soviet Union, today they'd be... well, as old as many of us here.  :(

Now I imagine a pair of geriatric superhumans, one American and one an old-school Communist, trying to have one last battle to settle it all, as their kids frantically try to stop them from killing themselves.

On 4/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Have you considered the time frame in which you want to set Red Doom? Because with history as part of the Soviet Union, today they'd be... well, as old as many of us here.  :(

Putin trying to bring back the past? 

Freelance terrorists maybe 

7 hours ago, tiger said:

Putin trying to bring back the past? 

Freelance terrorists maybe 

I think Red Doom have a lot of potential in the current political climate with the Ukraine/Russian war. I can see them being used by Putin (or whatever faceless Russian dictator you use). The interesting thing is in the original organisation there was some very villainous members but also some very heroic ones, so would be interesting how you justify the heroic ones being part of a ruthless mercenary group.

4 hours ago, dean day said:

The interesting thing is in the original organisation there was some very villainous members but also some very heroic ones, so would be interesting how you justify the heroic ones being part of a ruthless mercenary group.

Re-educated?

One other thing to remember about Red Doom is, that the name the west has always associated with the group is NOT originally there name. It was an western media nickname for any and all Soviet government sponsored superbeings, if they were part of a team or not. It is also considered, from the fall of the Soviet Union till at least untill invaded the Ukraine, a name never to be used. 

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Red Doom isn't the next group, Right now the order is Sanctuary, Operation Ubermachine, also plan on Rave, Witch & Hunter's Moon. After That, there are Red Doom and a few others I might do

I know Red Doom isn't next.

But what is this group Rave you mention? We must watch out for the dangerous glow sticks of doom, old chum.

3 hours ago, steriaca said:

I know Red Doom isn't next.

But what is this group Rave you mention? We must watch out for the dangerous glow sticks of doom, old chum.

They were originally a group taken over by VIPER . I'm lean toward the Eye for an Eye version with some changes. 

Raven is an aristocratic conspiratorial organization whose purpose is nothing less than total control of the world.