Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

I'd like to keep Hunter's Moon for myself, please. I do have a list of possible smaller projects reworking/updating old material; one of them has the working title Mystic Enemies: Cults. I figure, Hunter's Moon, Vril Society and Shadowfire's black lotus cult. Ouroboros could be expanded into a supplement of its own. They'd be less work than the "Shared Origins" series, which is a not-insignificant consideration. Especially if I follow Steve Long's lead in his Martial Enemies series and don't attempt character illos, 'cause I am not an artist.

But I've also wondered if there would even be a market. I've been here for years, and it's not as if I've been besieged with requests to learn more about any of these groups. There could be. For instance, it transpired in my campaign that Shadowfire does not lead the world's only cult of Darkness. The connection did not appear in play, but it's there. Shadowfire either did not know the connection, or he ignored it. But the Black Bodhisattva is not ignoring him.

Dean Shomshak

22 hours ago, DShomshak said:

I'd like to keep Hunter's Moon for myself, please. I do have a list of possible smaller projects reworking/updating old material; one of them has the working title Mystic Enemies: Cults. I figure, Hunter's Moon, Vril Society and Shadowfire's black lotus cult. Ouroboros could be expanded into a supplement of its own. They'd be less work than the "Shared Origins" series, which is a not-insignificant consideration. Especially if I follow Steve Long's lead in his Martial Enemies series and don't attempt character illos, 'cause I am not an artist.

But I've also wondered if there would even be a market. I've been here for years, and it's not as if I've been besieged with requests to learn more about any of these groups. There could be. For instance, it transpired in my campaign that Shadowfire does not lead the world's only cult of Darkness. The connection did not appear in play, but it's there. Shadowfire either did not know the connection, or he ignored it. But the Black Bodhisattva is not ignoring him.

Dean Shomshak

Mr. Shomshak, I can only say that I remember all of those groups, as well as your writing for Hero Games from 4th edition on, and I would love to see more information of any or all of those groups. Especially the Hunter's Moon and Ouroboros. Even the related Dragon cults mentioned in the 5th Ed. Mystic World like the Sons of Kingu and the Bone Children would be something I'd buy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 10:33 PM, DShomshak said:

Dean Shomshak

Looking forward to see it

• 8 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 12:20 PM, steriaca said:

Tiss because a supervillain named Rave is so visually intresting. A guy with two glowing neon batons.

IIRC one of the earlier editions of M&M had a dastardly duo named Rant & Rave.  Think one of them was a mindwarper who discombobulated people and the other had some kind of sonic powers, but that might be wrong.  No neon batons, sadly.  :)