Cheesy-munchkiny builds you've seen?

specks

2 hours ago, massey said:

I know the official word is that Flying Dodge prevents a ranged attack from hitting.  I think they said Dive For Cover did as well.  I just think those are terrible ideas.

I didn't think it affected range attacks.  I do know it affected haymakers regardless of type (melee or ranged or even mental).

3 hours ago, massey said:

I know the official word is that Flying Dodge prevents a ranged attack from hitting.  I think they said Dive For Cover did as well.  I just think those are terrible ideas.

Prevents? It adds to your DCV as a regular Dodge. It does allow you to move when Dodging which may increase a Range Penalty in addition to Dodge penalty. They did rule if you moved before the Dodge then you can only move X amount of movement remaining. So if you have 20m of movement and you moved 17m then you only have 3m left for the Dodge.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:37 AM, Sean Waters said:

Hmm.  I always though that Teleportation 2m, no relative velocity (12 points) with trigger (just before taking damage) was pretty cheesey.  Originally I saw it used to just avoid falling and KB damage (and for 15 points that is not too unreasonable), but then it got pointed out that if the trigger automatically reset instantly (another +1/2, for +6 points), it could be used to avoid all attacks, other than (most) AoEs.  That's pretty impressive for 21 points.  The whiff of ancient Camembert became overwhelming.  It was far runnier than I'd have liked, then the cat ate it.

Cheesy player construct, meet cheesy GM ruling:

"Grond strikes you with his mighty fists.  Immediately before taking the damage, you Teleport 2 meters away.  On materializing, [clatter of dice] you take 65 STUN, 19 BOD and 24 meters of knockback from Grond's attack."

Hey, if you don't take the damage, then the Teleport isn't triggered - it's triggered immediately before taking damage, remember?

On 1/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, Hugh Neilson said:

Cheesy player construct, meet cheesy GM ruling:

"Grond strikes you with his mighty fists.  Immediately before taking the damage, you Teleport 2 meters away.  On materializing, [clatter of dice] you take 65 STUN, 19 BOD and 24 meters of knockback from Grond's attack."

Hey, if you don't take the damage, then the Teleport isn't triggered - it's triggered immediately before taking damage, remember?

Brilliant!