Looking for help creating a power

JCR

5 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

That IS a point, perhaps your next character should have a small, accurate, doubly penetrating attack.  Doesn't need a huge number of dice as it would not have to overcome defences....

Oooo I like this idea...*dry rubs hands*...

4 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Healing would work as well but costs more and the idea of it being an Aid that fades over time has a nice feel to it; in fact if the character doesn't take it easy, they'll quickly fall unconscious again.

So far this is what I have going off the AID & Regeneration ideas:

-Catastrophic Bioregeneration:  Regeneration (1 BODY per Turn), Can Heal Limbs (21 Active Points); Limited Power Only Works When Body Reaches Less Than One (-1), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (-1), OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) = Real Cost: 6 points

-Emergency Adrenaline:  Aid  STUN 5d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Only to Aid Self (-1), Limited Power Only Works When STUN Is Lower Than 1 (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) = Real Cost: 5 points

Feel free to set me straight if am did em wrong.

1 hour ago, Jayzon said:

-Emergency Adrenaline:  Aid  STUN 5d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Only to Aid Self (-1), Limited Power Only Works When STUN Is Lower Than 1 (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) = Real Cost: 5 points

Don't forget that your Aid STUN is only half as effective, since you're adjusting a defensive characteristic.

12 hours ago, theinfn8 said:

Don't forget that your Aid STUN is only half as effective, since you're adjusting a defensive characteristic.

11 hours ago, steriaca said:

Basically, whatever you roll, divide by 2, rounded. 

Good to know I had no idea! I don't mind it starting off low and slowly upgrading.

11 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

If your GM is willing, you can use regen for other stats than body, too

This would open up some possibilities indeed

16 hours ago, Jayzon said:

-Catastrophic Bioregeneration:  Regeneration (1 BODY per Turn), Can Heal Limbs (21 Active Points); Limited Power Only Works When Body Reaches Less Than One (-1), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (-1), OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) = Real Cost: 6 points

If you are KOd, you cannot spend END to activate either of these powers.  That may not be a big issue for the regeneration - you can be conscious but bleeding out - but when you have less than 1 STUN, you cannot spend END, so the second power never actually works.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Neilson said:

If you are KOd, you cannot spend END to activate either of these powers.  That may not be a big issue for the regeneration - you can be conscious but bleeding out - but when you have less than 1 STUN, you cannot spend END, so the second power never actually works.

The adrenaline power doesn't use Endurance, it uses a charge. But you make a legit point otherwise.

On 7/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, Jayzon said:

Feel free to set me straight if am did em wrong.

12 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

12 hours ago, theinfn8 said:

The adrenaline power doesn't use Endurance, it uses a charge. But you make a legit point otherwise.

Emphasis added above for your convenience.

12 hours ago, tombrown803 said:

well if your characters keep dying, you could add resurrection to the regeneration, thatway you would come back

I appreciate the suggestion, but I just don't like this power. Going into battle knowing I can die every single time is part of the thrill of combat for me. Makes me think more strategically rather than tactically (hope I expressed that correctly) to stay alive, plus helps me think outside the box too. What I am shooting for w/ the powers is something that can work as a once a day emergency boost (we have had up to 3 mayor battles in 24hrs in-game time, uncommon but has happened more than once).

11 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

How about also just buying up BODY to begin with?

Always do :) I consider it a must

25 minutes ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Emphasis added above for your convenience.

Gotcha, thank you.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jayzon said:

Not wrong, so much as possibly not the power you're looking for.  The STUN gained from the Aid will fade at the rate of 5 points per Turn, so you may wake up just to pass out again.  You may want to use Healing STUN 3d6 (same point cost). You should probably add Trigger (+1/4) to that, since you can't activate it yourself if you're unconscious.

I'd suggest:  Emergency Adrenaline: Healing STUN 3d6 (30 Active Points), Trigger (Unconscious; +1/4); 1 Charge (-2), Only to Heal Self (-1), OIF (-1/2).  Real Cost:  8 points.  On average, this would heal back 10 STUN.

Note:  The Limited Power is actually part of the Trigger, so that Limitation wouldn't apply.  Also the Only Restores (etc.) is part and parcel of Healing.  And as Hugh pointed out, you can't spend END while you're unconscious (unless it comes out of an Endurance Reserve).

6 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Not wrong, so much as possibly not the power you're looking for.  The STUN gained from the Aid will fade at the rate of 5 points per Turn, so you may wake up just to pass out again.  You may want to use Healing STUN 3d6 (same point cost). You should probably add Trigger (+1/4) to that, since you can't activate it yourself if you're unconscious.

I'd suggest:  Emergency Adrenaline: Healing STUN 3d6 (30 Active Points), Trigger (Unconscious; +1/4); 1 Charge (-2), Only to Heal Self (-1), OIF (-1/2).  Real Cost:  8 points.  On average, this would heal back 10 STUN.

Note:  The Limited Power is actually part of the Trigger, so that Limitation wouldn't apply.  Also the Only Restores (etc.) is part and parcel of Healing.  And as Hugh pointed out, you can't spend END while you're unconscious (unless it comes out of an Endurance Reserve).

Still sounds good to me. Thank you.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

If your GM is willing, you can use regen for other stats than body, too

This is very much a 🛑 power when applied to STUN. It's almost useless if it recovers less than every Turn, but hideosly overpowered if it's more often than that.