Russian Winter Campaign for HERO

grandmastergm

Hello everyone,

The second Champions campaign I played in was called "Russian Winter" from 2012-2014.  Unfortunately, I had a falling out with the GM over storyline and with another player due to personality conflicts (who also happened to be the game host).  I loved the essence of the campaign, which had a group of Soviet superheroes come back together 20 years after the fall of the USSR and the disbanding of their super-team.  The GM used characters from a variety of sources (4e, 5e, and 6e) but the campaign had an anti-climactic end that I disliked.  

Anyways, the storyline has enough potential to become an actual campaign booklet but I'm going to modify things substantially at the request of the GM from my old game.  I've started off by crafting the 11 members of the old Soviet Super-Team The People's Legion (Champions Universe 6e) and the new Russian Defenders (also Champions Universe 6e and Champions Worldwide 5e).

These are the heroes that I will use at my convention playtest:

Captain Ukraine- Weaponmaster (used a modified build for Captain America and turned him into a Ukrainian, he's name-dropped in 6e)

Erg- Radioactive Blaster (I got rid of his containment suit for the convention game I plan on running, might list it as optional, he's from Champions Organizations in 4e)

Kometa- Speedster/Martial Artist (created at suggestion of one of the board members, but an amalgamation of two characters from the old Russian Winter campaign)

Kuznya- Mystic Blacksmith (created from the old Russian Winter campaign, based off of a class in RIFTS, she serves as a more balanced Gevory Vedun from 5e)

Mamont- Titan/Brick (used my build for Ivan from Champions Organizations in 4e that I played in Russian Winter, he's name-dropped in 6e)

Quake- Earth Elemental (converted and upgraded from the 5e version)

Steel Wolf- Power Armor (converted and upgraded from the 5e version)

Syeryebro- Telekinetic (name-dropped in 6e, combined and modified characters from Champions Organizations in 4e to create her)

Taiga- Metamorph (name-dropped in 6e, build him with suggestions from Darren Watts)

The Whip- Weaponmaster (created from a build for a fellow PC in the Russian Winter campaign, was based off of Eurostar member in 4e)

Vulnapedzka- Water Elemental (converted and upgraded from the 5e version)

I've attached the .hdc files.  Let me know if you need me to put them in PDFs.

Erg.hdc Kapitan Ukrayina.hdc Kometa.hdc Kuznya.hdc Mamont.hdc Quake.hdc Steel Wolf.hdc Syeryebro.hdc Taiga.hdc The Whip.hdc Vulnapyezdka.hdc

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I love the idea, and I like the little descriptions of the character, but I can't tell you a damned thing about an .hdc file; sorry.

Same here.  Unless I am at home, I can't read .hdc files.  Please post WP or RTF instead I can give you some feedback!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:43 PM, Mr. R said:

Same here.  Unless I am at home, I can't read .hdc files.  Please post WP or RTF instead I can give you some feedback!

Can you read PDFs?

Erg.pdf Kapitan Ukrayina.pdf Kometa.pdf Kuznya.pdf Mamont.pdf Quake.pdf Steel Wolf.pdf Syeryebro.pdf Taiga.pdf The Whip.pdf Waverider.pdf

I'll start with Erg.  Does he actually have two forms (a Radiation Form and presumably a non-Radiation form), as in the original (4E) version?  Based on your comment about getting rid of the containment suit, as well as the fact that the Radiation Form powers don't have any Limitations keeping them from being used all the time, I'm guessing that he's now always in his radiation form, albeit one without the Desolidification and Invisibility from the 4E version.  (If I'm wrong in this assumption, please let me know.)  IOW, this version of Erg is simply a radioactive man, with a physical form.

That said, I'm not sure about the Unified Powers.  They currently only include the +4d6, AoE Drain, and AoE KA.  I'm wondering if you were actually thinking of Linked -- IOW, if you want to use the Heavy Radiation Blast, you have to also start kicking out enough rads to affect the area and people around you. If so, that's not how it's currently written.  As written, his AoE CON Drain is on all the time, regardless of what other powers he's using, and he can turn on the AoE KA when he wants to.  Is that what you were wanting?

7 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I'll start with Erg.  Does he actually have two forms (a Radiation Form and presumably a non-Radiation form), as in the original (4E) version?  Based on your comment about getting rid of the containment suit, as well as the fact that the Radiation Form powers don't have any Limitations keeping them from being used all the time, I'm guessing that he's now always in his radiation form, albeit one without the Desolidification and Invisibility from the 4E version.  (If I'm wrong in this assumption, please let me know.)  IOW, this version of Erg is simply a radioactive man, with a physical form.

That said, I'm not sure about the Unified Powers.  They currently only include the +4d6, AoE Drain, and AoE KA.  I'm wondering if you were actually thinking of Linked -- IOW, if you want to use the Heavy Radiation Blast, you have to also start kicking out enough rads to affect the area and people around you. If so, that's not how it's currently written.  As written, his AoE CON Drain is on all the time, regardless of what other powers he's using, and he can turn on the AoE KA when he wants to.  Is that what you were wanting?

That was not what I was wanting.  Thank you for taking a look.  I am thinking of consolidating the characters down to 7 from 10, and removing and adding characters, but I'm not sure.

I decided to keep it simple as this is a convention game, so the player wouldn't have to keep flipping between the two forms- plus it would keep Taiga as the most complex character.

7 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

That was not what I was wanting.  Thank you for taking a look.  I am thinking of consolidating the characters down to 7 from 10, and removing and adding characters, but I'm not sure.

I decided to keep it simple as this is a convention game, so the player wouldn't have to keep flipping between the two forms- plus it would keep Taiga as the most complex character.

I can understand, and fully support the idea to keep it simple and so not have two paper forms. 

So for Erg, then, I'm guessing maybe you were wanting the Intensely Radioactive powers to only come on when he's amping up the power level.  In which case, I'd do the following (considering his Intensely Radioactive 'form' to be an Alternate Identity):

• Heavy Radiation Blast:  +4d6 to Radiation Blast I; Full Phase (-1/2), 2x END (-1/2), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).  20 AP, 9 RP
  • Intensely Radioactive I:  Drain CON 3d6, Constant (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), AoE (6m radius Explosion; +1/4); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Side Effects (-0), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).  82AP, 37 RP
  • Intensely Radioactive II:  RKA 1d6, NND (LS: radiation; +1), Does BODY (+1), Constant (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), AoE (6m radius Explosion; +1/4); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Side Effects (-0), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).    71 AP, 32 RP.

I made both AoEs Explosions (just 'cause it seemed to make sense to me, YMMV) - you could have them as 12m radius instead for the same +1/4 value, and thus have it lessen by 1d6 / 1 DC per 4m instead of per 2m if you prefer.  I also dropped the Drain to 3d6 to give it the same DC as the RKA, and thus the same explosion AoE.  You can return them to 8m Radius non-Explosion AoEs for slightly more points if you prefer.

As a GM, I'd consider switching "identities" and thus turning on the Intensely Radioactive powers to be a 0-phase action.  Just list the "intensely radioactive" powers separately on the sheet and explain to the player how it works. 

If the Radiation Form powers are only usable in this intensely radioactive "form", you'd want to add the Only in Alternate Identity limitation to them, though I'd suggest not doing so (except for the Damage Reduction and possibly the Flight).  Personally, I would have the Damage Reduction and Flight only in the Intensely Radioactive "form."

Again, YMMV on all of this, I'm just guessing at what you were aiming for here.  If you were wanting him to always be Intensely Radioactive, then drop the Only in Alternate Identity completely, or maybe replace it with a Limited:  Not while wearing Sealed Containment Suit (-1/4) and explain to the player that taking off or putting on the containment suit takes a Phase (or maybe unsealing and resealing the suit takes a Half Phase).

For the Whip:

1. I'd drop the distance for Swinging to something more reasonable (say, 30-40m) and make it half END.  Maybe it's me, but 60m seems a bit excessive.
  2. For the Stretching, I'd add Limited Manipulation (-1/4) - she could hit buttons and flip switches and such with the whip, but not do anything too complex.
  3. For the Whip modes, I'd make them all No Range (after all, you're using the Stretching to Grab them).  Note that as written, they are not constant damage shield-type attacks - currently, she triggers each electric shock / heat burst separately after the Grab.  Not a problem, just pointing this out.
  4. Also on the Whip Modes, you may want to consider bumping the Reserve up to 90 points, making them all 0 END, and adjusting the damage appropriately (so 12d6 Blast / 4d6 KA / 7d6 NND).  It doesn't make logical sense to me that her effectively pushing a button on the whip handle costs her 3 END.
  5. If going with #2 and #3 (and even #4) above, by my calculation that shaves off at least 5 points total.  I'd throw those into Equipment:  Second Whip.  (This at least justifies a relatively high Swinging rate, and doesn't leave her completely screwed if someone disarms her.)

Overall, though, you have a good solid build here. 

For Steel Wolf, I'd first point out that the Pulson Blasters are going to completely eat through his END Reserve in 2-3 Phases.  Each Phase he fires them uses 40 END (8 END x 5 shots)!  You may want to consider changing this to 10d6 Blast, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Half END (+1/2); OIF (-1/2).  87 AP, 58 RP.  Slightly less powerful, but this would only cost 3 END per shot, meaning 9 END per set of 3 shots.  You can pay the additional cost by removing the +1 DMCV (really, is a 4 all that much better than a 3 here?).

Personally, I'd reduce the Resistant Protection to 20 rPD / 20 rED and add Hardened (+1/4).  But that's a preference thing.

With all those aviation TFs, I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have Combat Piloting.  Not sure what I'd remove to pay for it (maybe Bugging or Paramedics?) but it seems an oversight.

For Sveryebro (Silver), I'd suggest a Telekinesis slot with Fine Manipulation, or modify the 50 STR one to 43 STR with Fine Manipulation.  Unless the character doesn't have very fine control, in which case it's fine as-is.

Note that the autofire Barrage will have the same END issue as mentioned with Steel Wolf.  Not so easy to change here, due to the Multipower reserve - adding Half END would reduce it to only 8d6 Blast.  Maybe just suck it up and pay the 21 END?  Though the player can choose to only fire 1 shot, so this is still eminently usable.  Just pointing out the potential END issue.

As a GM I'm personally not fond of DEX (or SPD) drains, as they mess with the speed sheet combat order.  Left to my own devices, I'd change that to an OCV Drain, or maybe have it 5d6 Drain OCV + DCV (noting that the effect on DCV would be halved since that's a Defense power).

I don't think you need Constant on the Entangle, unless your intent is to automatically heal the Entangle if the target does some damage to it but doesn't fully break free.  Note that as written, if she stops paying END, the Entangle is nonetheless still active until the target breaks free.  As such, you may want to consider adding either Costs END (to maintain; -1/2) or OIF (materials of opportunity; -1/2) to this.  (Personally, I prefer the second, as she wraps sheet metal, cables, fence material, etc. around them.)

I'd rename the NND as Telekinetic Choke; the word Squeeze implies you have a grab on them, which this power doesn't actually grant. 

You may want to consider giving her an Armored Costume like Captain Ukraine has, so she always has some defenses, but can put up additional TK defenses if she wants.  Point-wise it will be the same (6 rPD / 6 rED with OIF, and +14 rPD / +14 rED with Costs Half END + Perceivable).  This way, though, she's not screwed so completely if she's stunned or KO'd.

I like that you're giving her TF: Spaceplanes for free (presumably since it's highly unlikely that will come into actual play).  Might want to consider adding Zero-G Movement for free as well (unless you envision that coming into play). 

For Kometa, I noticed that the Vulnerability to Drains doesn't list the effect.  I'm assuming it's 1 1/2 x effect.

One thing I noticed he doesn't have (beyond the team communicator):  he has no enhanced senses.  Heck, I'd expect a rich guy like him could afford some high-tech IR / nightvision goggles.  Heck, the Whip has some, so why wouldn't he?  You could shave some points by making the Ghost Strike take a Full Phase, and maybe drop the WF: Common Missile Weapons. 

Otherwise, no real comments on the Powers.  Looks like a pretty solid build to me.

I'm not sure which categories the Gambling covers, but I'd make them Card Games and either Dice Games or Roulette.  (See my comment below about Sleight of Hand and cheating.)

I don't know the character's background, so maybe they fit, but the tech skills (Computer Programming, Electronics, and Systems Operation) seem slightly out of place to me.  No real reason I can explain.  Nothing wrong with them, per se, and maybe they fit into his origin?  Personally, I'd replace one of those with Sleight of Hand.  (Maybe it's the Overgrown Man-Child complication, but something about him strikes me as the type who would totally use his speed to cheat at poker / craps / roulette.)

I also expected Speed Reading for him. 

Quake's CON seems pretty low.  Personally, I'd do 18-20. 

Very minor point, but I think the Mini-Quake should be 18m Radius Explosion for 9d6.

You might want a Side Effect (affects environment) on the Earth Rises Up.

I'd rename Penetrating Vision as something like Earth Sight or Stone Sight.

Maybe add a Limitation to the Life Support:  Only underground or Only in contact with ground (-1/4).  It doesn't seem like being One with the Earth would help someone, say, diving deep into the ocean depths.

Be aware that a clever player might just keep her underground all combat, using Stone Sight to target people on / above the surface, and hitting them with the Indirect Blast.  (Playing reverse Whack-a-Mole - I love it!)

By the way, I noticed that a few of them (Mamont and Quake) have Federal Police Powers, but none of the others do.  Was this intentional?

Also noticed that some (Quake, Steel Wolf, Captain Ukraine) are Watched by the Russian government or military but many aren't.  I'd have at least expected Mamont (as a government sanctioned hero) having someone in power keeping an eye on him. 

On 9/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

I can understand, and fully support the idea to keep it simple and so not have two paper forms. 

So for Erg, then, I'm guessing maybe you were wanting the Intensely Radioactive powers to only come on when he's amping up the power level.  In which case, I'd do the following (considering his Intensely Radioactive 'form' to be an Alternate Identity):

• Heavy Radiation Blast:  +4d6 to Radiation Blast I; Full Phase (-1/2), 2x END (-1/2), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).  20 AP, 9 RP
  • Intensely Radioactive I:  Drain CON 3d6, Constant (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), AoE (6m radius Explosion; +1/4); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Side Effects (-0), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).  82AP, 37 RP
  • Intensely Radioactive II:  RKA 1d6, NND (LS: radiation; +1), Does BODY (+1), Constant (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), AoE (6m radius Explosion; +1/4); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Side Effects (-0), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4).    71 AP, 32 RP.

I made both AoEs Explosions (just 'cause it seemed to make sense to me, YMMV) - you could have them as 12m radius instead for the same +1/4 value, and thus have it lessen by 1d6 / 1 DC per 4m instead of per 2m if you prefer.  I also dropped the Drain to 3d6 to give it the same DC as the RKA, and thus the same explosion AoE.  You can return them to 8m Radius non-Explosion AoEs for slightly more points if you prefer.

As a GM, I'd consider switching "identities" and thus turning on the Intensely Radioactive powers to be a 0-phase action.  Just list the "intensely radioactive" powers separately on the sheet and explain to the player how it works. 

If the Radiation Form powers are only usable in this intensely radioactive "form", you'd want to add the Only in Alternate Identity limitation to them, though I'd suggest not doing so (except for the Damage Reduction and possibly the Flight).  Personally, I would have the Damage Reduction and Flight only in the Intensely Radioactive "form."

Again, YMMV on all of this, I'm just guessing at what you were aiming for here.  If you were wanting him to always be Intensely Radioactive, then drop the Only in Alternate Identity completely, or maybe replace it with a Limited:  Not while wearing Sealed Containment Suit (-1/4) and explain to the player that taking off or putting on the containment suit takes a Phase (or maybe unsealing and resealing the suit takes a Half Phase).

This is perfect, thank you!  He's supposed to be dangerous and struggling with his powers, so I like your suggestions about having some of his abilities not work while in a containment suit but that's the price he pays to contain his radioactive nature.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:51 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

For the Whip:

1. I'd drop the distance for Swinging to something more reasonable (say, 30-40m) and make it half END.  Maybe it's me, but 60m seems a bit excessive.
  2. For the Stretching, I'd add Limited Manipulation (-1/4) - she could hit buttons and flip switches and such with the whip, but not do anything too complex.
  3. For the Whip modes, I'd make them all No Range (after all, you're using the Stretching to Grab them).  Note that as written, they are not constant damage shield-type attacks - currently, she triggers each electric shock / heat burst separately after the Grab.  Not a problem, just pointing this out.
  4. Also on the Whip Modes, you may want to consider bumping the Reserve up to 90 points, making them all 0 END, and adjusting the damage appropriately (so 12d6 Blast / 4d6 KA / 7d6 NND).  It doesn't make logical sense to me that her effectively pushing a button on the whip handle costs her 3 END.
  5. If going with #2 and #3 (and even #4) above, by my calculation that shaves off at least 5 points total.  I'd throw those into Equipment:  Second Whip.  (This at least justifies a relatively high Swinging rate, and doesn't leave her completely screwed if someone disarms her.)

Overall, though, you have a good solid build here. 

Thank you. Changes made.  I made the whip modes into 0 END but kept the extra damage so that she gets some advantage despite becoming vulnerable while grabbing targets with her whip.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

For Steel Wolf, I'd first point out that the Pulson Blasters are going to completely eat through his END Reserve in 2-3 Phases.  Each Phase he fires them uses 40 END (8 END x 5 shots)!  You may want to consider changing this to 10d6 Blast, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Half END (+1/2); OIF (-1/2).  87 AP, 58 RP.  Slightly less powerful, but this would only cost 3 END per shot, meaning 9 END per set of 3 shots.  You can pay the additional cost by removing the +1 DMCV (really, is a 4 all that much better than a 3 here?).

Personally, I'd reduce the Resistant Protection to 20 rPD / 20 rED and add Hardened (+1/4).  But that's a preference thing.

With all those aviation TFs, I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have Combat Piloting.  Not sure what I'd remove to pay for it (maybe Bugging or Paramedics?) but it seems an oversight.

Gave him combat piloting. I made a bunch of his power armor stuff linked to the resistant protection which paid for expanding the END reserve.  He is supposed to switch to his claws when he depletes his endurance reserve.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

Quake's CON seems pretty low.  Personally, I'd do 18-20. 

Very minor point, but I think the Mini-Quake should be 18m Radius Explosion for 9d6.

You might want a Side Effect (affects environment) on the Earth Rises Up.

I'd rename Penetrating Vision as something like Earth Sight or Stone Sight.

Maybe add a Limitation to the Life Support:  Only underground or Only in contact with ground (-1/4).  It doesn't seem like being One with the Earth would help someone, say, diving deep into the ocean depths.

Be aware that a clever player might just keep her underground all combat, using Stone Sight to target people on / above the surface, and hitting them with the Indirect Blast.  (Playing reverse Whack-a-Mole - I love it!)

Did most of these except for the mini-quake adjustment as increasing it up to 18m is too expensive.  Yes, she can do that and from reading Watt's suggestions on making her more powerful, I think it works.  I'm fine with it given how powerful Mechanon is.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

By the way, I noticed that a few of them (Mamont and Quake) have Federal Police Powers, but none of the others do.  Was this intentional?

Also noticed that some (Quake, Steel Wolf, Captain Ukraine) are Watched by the Russian government or military but many aren't.  I'd have at least expected Mamont (as a government sanctioned hero) having someone in power keeping an eye on him. 

It was mostly an error on my part, although some of them (Erg and Waverider) would not have police powers as they're provisional (at best) members of the team.

Here is how I'll make sure the characters behave rolewise.  I think I'll leave out Waverider and Taiga as they're similar to Erg, who is more interesting and also a product of Chernobyl.

1) Kapitan Ukraine: team leader, suspicious of Russian regime but loyal to his old team

2) Quake: naive new recruit, rather help common people than fight supervillains

3) Steel Wolf: grizzled, cynical veteran

4) Mamont: big guy, keeps team together, nostalgic for the "old days"

5)  Syeryebro: genuine heroine, tries to keep team on moral path

6) Erg: monster struggling with his powers and his desire to become human again

7) The Whip: ruthless spy who's there to keep the team in line

8) Kometa: sellout hero who's on the team for a paycheck and due to feelings for The Whip

9) Kuznya: mystic blacksmith coming out of retirement in order to save her son who is struggling with alcoholism

On 9/23/2019 at 11:59 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

For Kometa, I noticed that the Vulnerability to Drains doesn't list the effect.  I'm assuming it's 1 1/2 x effect.

One thing I noticed he doesn't have (beyond the team communicator):  he has no enhanced senses.  Heck, I'd expect a rich guy like him could afford some high-tech IR / nightvision goggles.  Heck, the Whip has some, so why wouldn't he?  You could shave some points by making the Ghost Strike take a Full Phase, and maybe drop the WF: Common Missile Weapons. 

Otherwise, no real comments on the Powers.  Looks like a pretty solid build to me.

I'm not sure which categories the Gambling covers, but I'd make them Card Games and either Dice Games or Roulette.  (See my comment below about Sleight of Hand and cheating.)

I don't know the character's background, so maybe they fit, but the tech skills (Computer Programming, Electronics, and Systems Operation) seem slightly out of place to me.  No real reason I can explain.  Nothing wrong with them, per se, and maybe they fit into his origin?  Personally, I'd replace one of those with Sleight of Hand.  (Maybe it's the Overgrown Man-Child complication, but something about him strikes me as the type who would totally use his speed to cheat at poker / craps / roulette.)

I also expected Speed Reading for him. 

He's supposed to be an electronics repairman (could be changed to a con artist) who got powers from exposure to a kelvarite meteor, decided to monetize his superpowers as a smuggling service during the post-cold war period, and made a fortune from the black market, gambling, and other shady activities.  I made most of the changes you suggested.

He's a combination of a character created by the GM for a campaign and a proposed character by Segerge.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

For Sveryebro (Silver), I'd suggest a Telekinesis slot with Fine Manipulation, or modify the 50 STR one to 43 STR with Fine Manipulation.  Unless the character doesn't have very fine control, in which case it's fine as-is.

Note that the autofire Barrage will have the same END issue as mentioned with Steel Wolf.  Not so easy to change here, due to the Multipower reserve - adding Half END would reduce it to only 8d6 Blast.  Maybe just suck it up and pay the 21 END?  Though the player can choose to only fire 1 shot, so this is still eminently usable.  Just pointing out the potential END issue.

As a GM I'm personally not fond of DEX (or SPD) drains, as they mess with the speed sheet combat order.  Left to my own devices, I'd change that to an OCV Drain, or maybe have it 5d6 Drain OCV + DCV (noting that the effect on DCV would be halved since that's a Defense power).

I don't think you need Constant on the Entangle, unless your intent is to automatically heal the Entangle if the target does some damage to it but doesn't fully break free.  Note that as written, if she stops paying END, the Entangle is nonetheless still active until the target breaks free.  As such, you may want to consider adding either Costs END (to maintain; -1/2) or OIF (materials of opportunity; -1/2) to this.  (Personally, I prefer the second, as she wraps sheet metal, cables, fence material, etc. around them.)

I'd rename the NND as Telekinetic Choke; the word Squeeze implies you have a grab on them, which this power doesn't actually grant. 

You may want to consider giving her an Armored Costume like Captain Ukraine has, so she always has some defenses, but can put up additional TK defenses if she wants.  Point-wise it will be the same (6 rPD / 6 rED with OIF, and +14 rPD / +14 rED with Costs Half END + Perceivable).  This way, though, she's not screwed so completely if she's stunned or KO'd.

I like that you're giving her TF: Spaceplanes for free (presumably since it's highly unlikely that will come into actual play).  Might want to consider adding Zero-G Movement for free as well (unless you envision that coming into play). 

She can power stunt her fine control.  The autofire attack is supposed to drain her endurance, making her switch to the powers.  I made the other changes including the costume, but just made the entangle to cost END as she's supposed to "heal" the entangle if she desires.  

The combat piloting and driving skills give you a free 1 point familiarity with a vehicle when you take him.  As a cosmonaut, she's got it.  Zero-G movement won't come until play so I'm not going to make her blow points on it.

12 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

It was mostly an error on my part, although some of them (Erg and Waverider) would not have police powers as they're provisional (at best) members of the team.

Here is how I'll make sure the characters behave rolewise.  I think I'll leave out Waverider and Taiga as they're similar to Erg, who is more interesting and also a product of Chernobyl.

1) Kapitan Ukraine: team leader, suspicious of Russian regime but loyal to his old team

😎 Kometa: sellout hero who's on the team for a paycheck and due to feelings for The Whip

9) Kuznya: mystic blacksmith coming out of retirement in order to save her son who is struggling with alcoholism

Actually, I'll add Taiga so we have an even 10:

😎 Kometa: sellout hero who's on the team for a paycheck and due to feelings for The Whip

10) Taiga: an amnesiac whose feral instincts struggle with his loyalty to his friends

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, grandmastergm said:

The combat piloting and driving skills give you a free 1 point familiarity with a vehicle when you take him.  As a cosmonaut, she's got it.  Zero-G movement won't come until play so I'm not going to make her blow points on it.

Didn't know about the CP and CD giving a free TF.  Good to know.  Thanks. 

Continuing on with feedback on the characters, I move to Captain Ukraine.

I noticed the martial arts (Sambo) has a weapon element of Empty Hand.  I believe Sambo defaults to bare-handed - were you using Shield as his default?  (If so, that's fine.  I'd agree that is needed for him.)

I like the shield overall.  I noticed that Impenetrable is +1/2.  Is that supposed to be 2x Impenetrable?  Or did HD give you the wrong value?

It shouldn't affect the cost, but I'd add 0 END to the Shield-Bash, and Shield Edge, and maybe the Deflecting Shield as well. 

Normally, for the Thrown Shield and Deflecting Shield I would suggest Lockout (-1/2) and 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), and using one of his CSLs to "bounce" the shield back to him to recover the charge.   However, since this is for a convention game, I'd KISS and leave it as-is, saying that it's assumed he's bouncing it back to him. 

I'd have expected him to have Teamwork, especially as team leader.  Not sure where I'd shave the points to pay for it, though.

Maybe also a Power Skill (Shield Tricks) to cover things like using the shield to absorb some damage from a long fall, or throwing the shield to block a door open / hit a lever / etc.