Dragon Villain

quozaxx

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The various names of the Dragon Queen applied at different stages of her long life and career. At birth she was Tsai Min (Yin Li was her mother's name). After she first transformed from human to dragon she was called Dragon-Min. When she became an organized-crime leader in Japan she took the name Shiko-Me. Then she joined VIPER: "She is now known as the Dragon Queen, because of her ability to transform, and is a co-leader of the Serpent Syndicate with Python." (VIPER p. 86)

Between folks like you, Hugh, and my buddy Brent, it's no wonder Canada has no enemies.  You're the most cooperative, helpful people on earth!   :D

That's sweet of you to say, Duke, thank you. :) But we're actually pretty low on the "friends" list of China and Saudi Arabia these days. If interested, try Searching "canada saudi arabia dispute" and "huawei executive canada,"

Problematic from geopolitical and economic points of view; but for my part, pissing off those regimes causes me no sleepless nights.

11 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Oh, you were just thinking of involving her with the corporate Disney, rather than their characters? Fair enough. :)

In that case, I would suggest Brangomar learns of Disney's Maleficent property and is incensed that they've obviously "stolen" her identity. So she creates a gate between her Shadow Realm and Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World in Florida, which she occupies while sending her minions to terrorize the Magic Kingdom, until Disney provides proof of having destroyed all their Maleficent-based materials.

If you really wanted to be evil, have her use some of her dragon gold to fund a lawsuit for infringement of prior art. 

Then if the trial in Orlando doesn't go her way, she uses her gate to the Shadow Realm for a Change of Venue...

10 hours ago, steriaca said:

This seems to be a good thread to ask what rivals in her dimension The Shadow Queen has.

In sure Baba Yagga is a thorn in her side. Technically an evil, child eating witch, she can be tricked or honor bound to do some good deeds.

My own creation, The Crimson King, is basically Saron (LotR book series)+vampiers+King Crimson's song The Court of the Crimson King. Basically a pool of blood and a skull which rests a crown upon it, it is a horror with undead.

Who else is out there?

The Mystic World briefly mentions two other rulers of Faerie, the elf-king Oberon, and Queen Mab (pp. 22 and 58, respectively). Of the two Brangomar is more likely to have a problem with Mab, due to her jealousy over other beautiful women. Neither ruler is given much more detail than above in TMW, but as both are folkloric/literary figures a little online research should turn up something useful. ;)

The history of Vilsimbra, of the Devil's Advocates villain team (Champions Villains Vol.2) notes that her people, the Dark Elves, spend their immortal lives in intrigues for power and prestige, often using pawns including mortals. Vilsimbra herself is an exile from her Clan Ectol; the Ectolian Prince rules a huge underground cavern in Faerie, called the Onyx Kingdom. The Ectolian Prince receives some attention in Vilsimbra's background in CV2, and the Onyx Kingdom is briefly described on TMW p. 20.

It's suggested in her write-up that Mother Gothel, the fairy-tale witch from CV Vol. 3 (Solo Villains), may have some connection to the Shadow Queen. That could range from ally or even servant, to rival or enemy, depending on your needs.

1 hour ago, segerge said:

If you really wanted to be evil, have her use some of her dragon gold to fund a lawsuit for infringement of prior art. 

Then if the trial in Orlando doesn't go her way, she uses her gate to the Shadow Realm for a Change of Venue...

If you want to use Brangomar that way, I'd never say not to -- whatever would be fun to play is what you should do. But I don't get the impression the Shadow Queen has enough patience for lawsuits, or use for lawyers other than as lunch.

8 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

That's sweet of you to say, Duke, thank you. :) But we're actually pretty low on the "friends" list of China and Saudi Arabia these days. If interested, try Searching "canada saudi arabia dispute" and "huawei executive canada,"

Problematic from geopolitical and economic points of view; but for my part, pissing off those regimes causes me no sleepless nights.

No time tonight (spent it all with Hugh and the others on the intro adventure thread  (that I notice you've not added your two cents into   ;)    ) ), but just for curiosity: does the Saudi thing trace back, by any chance, to the guy who felt that his religious rights to wear a turban meant he did not have to wear a motorcycle helmet?  You know:  the idea that he had a _right_ to operate a motor vehicle, as opposed to _permission_ to operate one?  (amazing how many people get that mixed up).  I followed that story for a couple of months, and I loved the truly Canadian outcome of that:

You have a right to wear a turban.  You can stick it on top of your helmet."   :rofl:

Given the US courts and our own politician's tendency to forget that "rights" and "permissions" are different, it would have ended very differently.

I recall a case back in the 80s where -- I wish I could remember the car-- there were numerous accidents caused by "surging" during braking.  The US investigation was several pages long, and classified it (I kid you not) as "pedal misapplication" caused by the different ergonomics of the front-wheel drive design (then not as common as it is today), which requires a differently-shaped floor pan, etc, etc, etc--   pedal misapplication.  Engineer's fault: should have seen it coming.  This faulty design is causing people to stab their foot _between_ the pedals, and they are often putting pressure on the brake _and_ the throttle.  Clearly an engineering and manufacturing issue.

And the Canadian report:  These idiots are stomping both pedals.  Give them their tickets and make them take driver's training all over again.

:rofl:

You guys are great.   I remember my grandfather's stories of when we were like that here.....

Duke

I adapted Malais, the dragon from Champions: New Millennium who was an ally of that world's Black Paladin, making him Brangomar's brother. Together they seized the Shadow Realm, but Brangomar betrayed and trapped Malais so she could rule alone. He was freed by Takofanes and has become one of the Archlich's lieutenants, but still seeks revenge against Brangomar.