Superhuman Spam - what's in the team inbox every monday morning?

"V"

SAVE $$$ WITH ALL INCLUSIVE THIRD PARTY PROPERTY INSURANCE

SALLY IN SPANDEXXX WANST TO MEET SINGLE SUPERS!!!!!

etc etc

Sorry about the caps and the spelling, trying to be authentic...

What mass marketing horrors might target superhumans in your campaign world?

Heh... just checked my own inbox for inspiration and...

"YOUR SECRET IDENTITY HAS BEEN DICSOVERD! DOWNLOAD IDENTI_FILTER NOW & PROTECT YOR PRIVACY!!!"

(Actually it was a warning that "Illegal material" has been detected on my PC...which needless to say is a big fib! I think the most disturbing thing about this particular trend in spam is that the senders are obviously confident that most people will have a guilty conscience about SOMETHING and react accordingly)

MEET LIVE NUDE GIRLS!- That's right! The Evil Teleios is still on the loose, but over 94 clones of famous and beautiful celebrities were recently liberated, and we have them online just for you! They're uninhibitied,and happy to be free! Come see Come see! Eliza 2.0 wants to meet YOU!

RAVENSWOOD ACADEMY CAN HELP YOU LEARN! Get an online superdegree now! It's never too late to be a more super you! We offer such courses as "Automotive Demolition in Conflict" "Spandex Fashion" and "History of the Silver Age".

and the ever deceptive

HI! Some Fight eh?

Wow, haven't talked to you since that last super battle...

(click attachment like a sucker)

NEW HERBAL KRYPTONITE SUBSTITUTE!! 100% EFFECTIVE!!! GREEN!! RED!! LIMITED STOCK!!

---

HOWLER AND SAPPHIRE!!! THAT KISS!!! EXLCUSIVE GENUINE FOOTAGE!!! MPG!!! DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

--The text for which would almost certainly read:

GREETINGS AND GOOD WISHES TO YOU SIR, YOR NAME HAVE BEEN GIVEN ME BY MUTUAL ACQUAINTANCE AS A SUPERHUMAN OF GOOD CHARACTER FOR THIS CONFIDENTAIL ARRANGEMENT. I AM DR MILTON TEAJAY FORMER MINISTER OF THE INTERIOR FOR NIGERIA AND I HAVE $200,000 (TWO HUNDRED MILLION US DOLLARS) WORTH OF MONEY FROM SALE OF ADAMNTIUM INGOTS IN A SAFE DEPOST BOX IN LAGOS!!! I AM UNABLE TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS DEPOST BOX DUE TO CORRUPTION IN THE NEW REGIME WHICH I AM SURE YOU ARE AWARE OF. I AM LOOKING FOR CONFIDENTIAL SUPERHUMAN PARTNER WHO WILL ALLOW USE OF HIS/HER PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT TO TRANSFER FUNDS AND WILL PAY 10% OF SUM INVOLVED FOR USE OF SAID ACCOUNT. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU CONSIDER THIS CHARITABLE ACT, AND TO OCNTACT ME AT YOUR EARLIERS OPPORTUNITY.

** IS YOUR BASE SECURE ENOUGH? SAFE FROM POLYMORPHS, PSYCHIC ATTACKS AND THE LIKE? IF NOT YOU NEED MILLENNIUM ALARMS ASAP!!!

** NOT HEALING FAST ENOUGH? ADD SUPER-HEALING TO YOUR LIST OF SUPERPOWERS!!!

** NEED A DANGER ROOM?! etc

** TROUBLE DISPATCHING WITH DEMONS & VAMPS!!! NEED SOME HELP WITH THE UNDEAD?? ALL YOUR OCCULT SUPPLIES NOW FOR HALF THE PRICE etc

** WOULD'NT YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR COMPETITION?? WHO BUSTED WHO TODAY??? -DO YOU KNOW??? ARE YOU STILL CHASING A VILLAiN THAT WAS CAUGHT 2 DAYS AGO?? etc

** NEVER GET FLASHED AGAIN!!! HERO SUNGLASSES PROVIDE YOUR INEXPENSIVE FLASH DEFENSE NEEDS!!! NEXT TIME SOME VILLAIN ATTACKS YOUR VISION DON'T BE NEEDLESSLY BLINDED

** WISHING YOU COULD PURSUE THE BAD GUY OFFWORLD??? MILLENNIUM CITY STAR RENTALS CAN GET YOU BACK ON THE TRAIL OF JUSTICE etc

ad nauseam (The Daily Show)

Edit --

URGENT!! ARE YOU CHANGING MORE THAN YOU THINK IS NORMAL?? ARE YOU SCARED TO TELL YOUR PARENTS?? COME TO MILLENNIUM CITY'S SCHOOL FOR GIFTED CHILDREN etc

SUPERGIRL UPSKIRT VIDEOS!

EXPLORE THE VIRILITY SECRETS OF THE RARE MINERAL KRYPTONITE!

ARE YOUR DEATHTRAPS ALL TRAP AND NO DEATH? NEW--SHARKS WITH LASERBEAMS ON THEIR HEADS!

(Obviously I watched Austin Powers last night)

NEW CURE FOR VILLAIN-PATTERN BALDNESS!

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON A SAVAGE LAND VACATION!

Subject: AF36GFS Sally wants to see you

How come THEY look so good?

That's right, how do those other supers do it?

They go to VICKS' SUPREME SPANDEX AND CREDIBLE COSTUMING

LOOK RESPECTABLE! LOOK COOL! LOOK POWERFUL!

http://www.vickssupremespandexcrediblecostuming.com --- NOW!

to unsubscribe click here (OOC: ...to go to 411 page)

Originally posted by Mephron

In our campaign, someone sent out a spam:

"DEFEAT ANY ENEMY! OUR NEW BOOK TEACHES YOU HOW!!"

That sounds like those old comic book ads for Jiu-Jitsu manuals:

"Master Jiu-Jitsu and you'll win any fight."

Here's another possible spam:

>>NOW IS TIME TO RE-FINANCE YOUR SECRET HEADQUARTER!! RATES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER!! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN NOW!!

Most of these could also be made into popup ads. I've also heard of a new type called a blare-out ad. You sit quietly, browsing the internet when suddenly, without warning, your computer speakers blare out an audio-only ad. To add insult to injury, you can't close them like a popup ad. They just run their course. I heard a radio host complain about one of these. He wanted to send his cleaning bill to the ad's sponsor.

Imagine sitting at your computer when suddenly:

TREMBLE IN FEAR BEFORE THE WRATH OF DESTROYER!!!

Yes, folks. That's just what ol' Doc Destroyer's voice would sound like through our new Maxima car stereo system. New at CarToys!