What published adventures are there for Champions?

Wyld

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some information about all available published adventures for Champions (HERO System 5th Edition).

Most HERO System books seem to concentrate more on character write-ups, backgrounds, history, and game rules rather than complete adventures that cover everything a GM may need (maps, detailed scenarios, plots). However, I have managed to find a few here and there. "Champions Battlegrounds" has a few. "Post-Apocalyptic Hero" has one (mostly). I just found out about "Foxbat For President" made by another company.

Can anyone point me to others?

Thanks,

Sir Grail

Re: What published adventures are there for Champions?

Check out Derek Hiemforth's complete list of Hero product: http://rhinobunny.com/derek/hero/herogameslist.html

Thanks! Though it isn't quite complete. "Foxbat For President" was not listed under Blackwyrm. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing it out. I am rather surprised though that most of the Champions adventures are for previous editions.

Anyone know of any others?

I am rather surprised though that most of the Champions adventures are for previous editions.

Hero Games management has assured us that adventures consistently sell significantly less than other types of books, and aren't profitable enough to invest a lot of resources publishing.

Now if you'd be interested in fan-created adventures freely available on the Internet, I suggest looking up this thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/36759-Free-online-Champs-adventures?

Thanks! Though it isn't quite complete. "Foxbat For President" was not listed under Blackwyrm. Not that I'm complaining' date=' just pointing it out.[/quote']Yeah, I'm guilty of not having updated it... well, since before 6E came out actually. Yikes. I need to find time to do that. So for now, it's more like the "Almost Complete List of HERO System Books." :winkgrin:

Hero Games management has assured us that adventures consistently sell significantly less than other types of books' date=' and aren't profitable enough to invest a lot of resources publishing.[/quote']And I think that makes sense if we stop and think about it. Right off the bat, adventure books are only aimed at a sub-set of the customer base (GMs). And then within that, only some GMs are likely to use published adventures. So...

How did the anthology of HPA's do? Enough to warrent (assuming that enough Champions HPA's came out) that we could see one of champions adventures?

Probably not, though obviously supers sells better than pulp in general. Ask us again in a couple of years if we actually have enough of them. dw

I took a quick inventory of all the published adventure "modules" currently for sale in the Hero Games website's online store (unless otherwise specified, all these are for Fifth Edition HERO): Champions Battlegrounds (multi-adventure book), Demons Rule, Dystopia (both for Fourth Edition), Foxbat for President, Pyramid in the Sky (multi-adventure book for Fourth Edition), Reality Storm, Road Kill (Fourth Edition), Shades of Black, Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth, War of Worldcraft (last one for Sixth Edition).

This website also used to host a few free adventures for Champions and Fantasy Hero. They're no longer here, but you can still download them from this archived webpage:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070331145441/www.herogames.com/FreeStuff/mods.htm

• 3 years later...

Well here's two posted yesterday: [h=2]News: New Champions Adventures From Blackwyrm Publishing[/h] Sep 17th, '13, 11:58 PM

[been a while, huh guys?]

SANDS OF TIME

The Sands of Time is a multi-session scenario for a team of four to eight Champions superheroes of almost any power level. It includes details of no less than three new superteams, plus other organizations, groups, places, and NPCs.

978-1-61318-724-1

Sands of Time PDF: $9.95

Sands of Time Book: $19.95

Sands of Time Print+PDF: $19.95

IMAGINARY FRIENDS

Imaginary Friends is an adventure for the Hero System/ Champions 6th Edition and Savage Worlds in which invisible playmates come to life with deadly consequences. As much a long-term campaign supplement as an adventure, it features a set of strategies and events using the characters and depicting forces at work, rather than a completely linear narrative.

BWG723

Imaginary Friends PDF: $14.99

Imaginary Friends Book: $29.95

Imaginary Friends Print+PDF: $29.95

The following is a list of titles of published Champions adventures currently available from the Hero Games website Online Store. All of these are complete adventures, with NPCs, and most include maps. They're a mixture of Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Edition HERO System:

Champions Battlegrounds, The Crossroad Blues, Dystopia, Foxbat for President, Imaginary Friends, King of the Mountain, Pretty Hate Machines, Reality Storm: When Worlds Collide, Road Kill, The Sands of Time, Shades of Black, Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth, Unkindness, War Of Worldcraft.

If all the information you want about any particular adventure isn't in its online description, feel free to post a followup inquiry.

In addition, a number of issues of Hero Games's sadly-discontinued electronic magazine, Digital Hero, also include short but complete Champions adventures for Fifth Edition, with maps and NPCs. Specifically, issues 1, 7, 9, 10, 12, 17, 24, 27, 29, 32, 38, 39, 40. Many of them are designed as introductory adventures.