"A Champions Conundrum"

fdw3773

14 hours ago, Pariah said:

Are we really going to start talking about statistics in here? That's just mean.

The poster’s name escapes me at the moment but the poster had success with it. I personally feel that 400 pts is too much for a beginner GM/Player. Too many options.  I think starting out the character should be around 300 pt and still have them around “Standard” power levels.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, Barton said:

1) handouts - I have found and created some handouts designed to be short and give high level BUT important player info.

2) pregenerated characters - if at convention use these, you will be familiar with them, make sure they have common powers and complications to illustrate game elements

3) danger room - IMHO a good way to show off powers/complications in Champions

4) hero designer software for the the GM - it easily makes characters and save you a LOT of time

5) explain 3d6 - explain the bell shaped curve and why you want/when to  roll low and low high  

6) show quick and easy way to count body - group the dice by 1's; 6's, and all others. Then 1 and 6 cancel out, any excess either way adjust the body amount = normal damage dice.

7) show special effects - complication -> double damage to heat; great way to show a blast is blast; BUT not always depends on SFX.

😎 show players it is easy for them, harder for GM - Show them that playing [by actually playing] is easy; the GM must know a lot more than players. The point is once have a GM who has experience, the players need to know a lot less.

Again, if you want join my game on Saturday please do so.

Is your game online?  Where do you live?

I was introduced to Champions by a GM using a mix of 4th and 5th editions. 

I bought the 6th edition myself, with alot of 5th books for settings.

And now after alot of games and considerations, I consider that 6th edition is not worth it. I prefer largely 5th that I consider more consistent, coherent and balanced.