New generic Hero

JmOz

10 minutes ago, archer said:

I don't know that there is a most common job.

My instinct is that he makes balloon animals.

I've also wanted to have a hero with

PS: Billionaire

No money perk. He's just really skilled at being a billionaire. 

Big fan of the Blue and Gold (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold during the JLI days)?

3 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I’ve always made my stretchers chemists. How else are they going to gain their powers?

About the same way as anyone else in comic books. A wizard's spell backfires and turns a bystander into Strech Guy. He gets dunked in a vat of radioactive liquid rubber. Aliens abduct him, take him apart on a molecule level, then put him back together in a way which is not compatible with what he was before, but they did save his life after all. Infused with Chaos Magic.

4 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I’ve always made my stretchers chemists. How else are they going to gain their powers?

47 minutes ago, steriaca said:

About the same way as anyone else in comic books. A wizard's spell backfires and turns a bystander into Strech Guy. He gets dunked in a vat of radioactive liquid rubber. Aliens abduct him, take him apart on a molecule level, then put him back together in a way which is not compatible with what he was before, but they did save his life after all. Infused with Chaos Magic.

I went super-old school with my first stretchy guy.  (Remember I don't have much of a comics background, but I used to love the old action pulps and their various Bantam and Baen reprints and novelizations).  The first one I did was the honest to goodness Indian (India-Indian; not Asian Immigrant / Native American) Rubber Man.

But yeah-- they can get their  powers the same way anyone else does.  I think-- hang on.

Yep.  Google shows a lot of chemical vats (and one soda?!) in the origins of the stretchy guys of comics.  But I see that Fantastic Four .  Crap-- another google.  Mr. Fantastic-- anyway, it says he was radiation, so why not?  Or a curse, or an amulet, or that "nontoxic" label on Silly Putty wasn't _quite_ accurate....

Run with whatever, Dude.    :D

40 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Remember in a fantasy game: A Wizard Did It!

Remember in a superhero game: Radiation Did It!

I'm out of rep, but I wanted to let you know that cost me a healthy mouthful of coffee.   :D

The key element here is not how s/he got the powers but rather what occupation is the most common.  the first 4 stretching heroes that come to my mind are:

A scientist/public Hero

A former criminal/turned Fed agent

A detective/public hero

Newspaper photographer/cub reporter/another hero's "Pal"