Superhero showdown #4/a: Sauron vs Ronald McDonalds

Solomon

Ok, I was about to reply to the Batnman vs Moon Knight thread. But I was just too bored to actually write down how Bats could mop the floor with his puny Marvel lookalike. :D

So I present you with this new superheroic smackdown: Sauron vs Ronald McDonalds! Much more of a close call.

Note: In case you're wondering, I mean Sauron from the Lord of the Rings, not that Marvel winged freak.

Note 2: Sauron got his ring. Ronald got small fries and a Coke.

Man, that's a tough call. On one side you have a relentless force of all consuming evil with legions of followers and then you have Sauron. :D

I might have to think about it some but as it stands right now I'm kinda leaning towards Sauron based solely on the opening sequence from Fellowship of the Ring (it's a bit trickey to deal w/some who's, what? Nine feet tall, clad in plate armor and has a ring of power and a big honkin' mace?).

Originally posted by Hermit

Ronald will soon set up resturants all over Mordor, and Sauron can't stop it... no one is able to stop the plague of Golden Arches. :)

True, but what will the burgers actually be made of?

Now we know why the orcs were beaten back in Minas Tirith. High cholesterol count and cardiac arrest. And Sauron was never had a good healthcare package in his army. I guess that explains why the Nazgul couldn't catch Frodo and Sam in time.

Ronald McDonald, an unsung hero in the War of the Ring. Who would've guessed?

They are clearly not enemies but in collusion. A tremendous trick is being performed in order to gain control the minds of all Mickey-D's patrons through the one-onion-ring!

LEGENDARY RING-FREE IN EVERY HAPPY MEAL!

Let's go get some hashbrowns for Second Breakfast.

Guest Hunter1

This is actually an interesting match up, but not for the obvious reasons. Sauron is pure evil, but so is Ronald McDonald. He represents an evil, all powerful corporation on Earth. The list of crimes that McDonalds (or should I say the huge, multi-lateral corporation behind it) has committed is endless. If I had to rate who is more evil, I would have to give it to Ronald...

I'm a bit concerned by all the McDonalds bashing going on in this thread- even if the food itself is not to your taste you can't fault the success that McDonalds has shown, growing phenomenally as a result of ...heh... high standards in food hygiene, customer... hmph... service and.... being an example to the world... snrkkk.... nu...nutrionists agree... heheheheh....

Sorry. I really tried to keep a straight face I really did. But then some aspartame polluted diet cola went up my nose and I gave the whole thing away.

((Loved the scene when Ronald McDonald took out Hamburglar, pointed to the golden arches and roared "What do you think this letter on my sign stands for? Nutrition?"))

Originally posted by lemming

Hmm. McDonalds is the biggest purchaser of cow eyeballs.

Another fact gleaned from culinary school was that Chicken McNuggets were made from chicken skin. (Of course, now they're made from white meat)

Hmm. Interesting. Cooked human meat is white, too. Just a coincidence, of course. :D

Originally posted by Hermit

Ronald will soon set up resturants all over Mordor, and Sauron can't stop it... no one is able to stop the plague of Golden Arches. :)

It would be a marketing wonder. No Orcs care about those evil Mcdonalds rumours.

"Ooh I hear they put pig fat in there shakes..."

"Mmmmmmm Pig Fat."

"GIve Zug Zug One Mc Manflesh and a Large PigShake."

Originally posted by death tribble

Although both are Evil, I have to give it to Sauron.

Sauron is evil personified whereas Ronald wears a Clown outfit. This breaks the universal tenet that Bad Guys must wear Black and Look Cool doing So.

Ah, but Tim Curry as Pennywise the Dancing Clown broke it first!

"Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" indeed . . . :rolleyes: