Armor Piercing 3rd ed and STR

Ninja-Bear

I can't find it in either of the supplements.  That might have been one of those things that they assumed everybody know.  

I'm pretty certain there were published characters back in the day that had AP or other Advantages on STR. 

Edit to add:  Armadillo, in the 3rd edition core rulebook, has 1/2 END Cost on his STR, through an OIF (suit), and it's costed correctly, based on 50 STR. 

Second edit, because I can't seem to get everything written down the first time :D :  The Juggernaut in Enemies III has half END cost on 50 out of his 70 STR.  

I would say that the precedent is pretty well set with Reduced END Cost.  Go ahead and buy AP on the character's STR; just note that if you're using Martial Arts with it you'll have to prorate it down, or else buy AP on your Martial Arts as well.  I'm about 99% certain we had that as a rule Back In The Day, but it's been 30+ years.  

3 hours ago, Chris Goodwin said:

I can't find it in either of the supplements.  That might have been one of those things that they assumed everybody know.  

I'm pretty certain there were published characters back in the day that had AP or other Advantages on STR. 

Edit to add:  Armadillo, in the 3rd edition core rulebook, has 1/2 END Cost on his STR, through an OIF (suit), and it's costed correctly, based on 50 STR. 

Second edit, because I can't seem to get everything written down the first time :D :  The Juggernaut in Enemies III has half END cost on 50 out of his 70 STR.  

I would say that the precedent is pretty well set with Reduced END Cost.  Go ahead and buy AP on the character's STR; just note that if you're using Martial Arts with it you'll have to prorate it down, or else buy AP on your Martial Arts as well.  I'm about 99% certain we had that as a rule Back In The Day, but it's been 30+ years.  

I missed Armadillo. I’m not worried about using martial arts with AP. The character will have martial arts naturally but his Sai I think will be AP. I might buy extra STR Damage as it’s listed in some of the older books and also put AP on that too. 

I’m building a character by a picture I saw once. I think it was in Champions 2e. The guy had Nunchucks in one hand and a Sai in another. He had some sort of tattoo on his bare chest.

Did the same thing some years (decades?!) Back.  Edited out the tattoo because of the table argument about whether it was a dragon or a wallaby

He looks like an early take on Green Dragon, but as the video about the history of Champions notes, Williams would draw all sorts of characters because he thought they looked cool, and they didn't represent anyone.  Like the great looking armored guy on page 10.

Or the two fighting on the cover, for that matter.

That is one of the early player characters: the obe who was trapped in alien armor, but whose name I forget.  He is on the back cover of the 1e book, and his fingers are on the front covwr of the colored printings of the 2e book.  Possibly the greyscake printing as well, but I dont remember and I am not at home at the moment.

Hes the ony my daughter selected to build her first chatacter on many, many years ago.