The February 2022 Multiversity Superdraft!

Holy Cats, it’s the Multiversity Superdraft!

E-7s18QWYAYR3B2.jpg 

Multiverse stories are all the rage right now so let’s take a stab at creating our own. Variant timelines, alternate dimensions, unofficial retcons, Elseworlds, What if…? It’s time to populate your own multiverse movie.

Ok, this one’s a little tricky, so listen up. You’re going to select one primary protagonist and four variants of that protagonist. You’re also going to select one antagonist and give them a crew of two.

1) Primary protagonist: Might be a hero, might be a villain, might be an NPC, up to you. When you select them, select which universe or reality they come from, too, so we have a baseline character.

2) Variants: You are going to select a character or object or actor or animal to merge with the primary to create a new character. You are creating a movie so one variant option is actor. So yes, you can create your dream casting with this draft!

Examples:

·       Superman + Green Lantern = Superman with a GL ring.

·       Spider-Man + Gamma Rays (Hulk) = Spider-Hulk.

·       Sherlock Holmes + Tom Cruise = Sherlock starring a crazy scientologist

·       Thor + frog = Throg

3) Antagonist: The one causing problems, be they villain or hero. Can be an 'evil' variant of protagonist. 

4) Crew: Antagonist’s team. They can be variants of the antagonist, but they don’t have to be.

I expect there will be some questions, so let’s hear them.

621880020_nosweatersuniverse.jpg.7df08df62ed22f22eab3f8586b28f172.jpg

I thought for a long time on the best way to do a multiverse story that would still have the dynamics of a draft. I think this will work. My primary motivation for this format is a recent comic “Superior Four” that stars Otto Octavius teaming up with alternate selves like one where he’s Ghost Rider, one where he’s the Hulk, and one where he’s Wolverine! 

Spoiler

DEVILSREIGNSF2022001_Preview-page-004-sc

Q&A: If the primary has a signature piece of equipment, all variants will have their own version of said equipment unless you state otherwise. 

Primary = Green Lantern then all variants will have power rings

Primary = Captain America then all variants will have nigh indestructible shields 

So, if the first day is the protagonist as a pick, will we pick variants after that, and are the variant choices off limits to others.

Your example:

Superman is protagonist.

Next day you pick Green Lantern and make a variant of Superman with GL power ring... is Green Lantern then off limits?

Does the same thing happen if I choose an animal (ex. a lion).  Are all lions gone from the draft?

9 hours ago, Psybolt said:

So, if the first day is the protagonist as a pick, will we pick variants after that, and are the variant choices off limits to others.

Your example:

Superman is protagonist.

Next day you pick Green Lantern and make a variant of Superman with GL power ring... is Green Lantern then off limits?

Does the same thing happen if I choose an animal (ex. a lion).  Are all lions gone from the draft?

Exactly. 

Wow, a new, previously unconsidered dimensionality for twisted superhero scenarios.  Right now I am not in the best of condition for thinking about the outcomes of very-high-energy collisions-with-subcomponent-exchange of various franchises, but it'll be at least as unproductive as what I was thinking I'd be doing before, so I'll contemplate this with my usual perverted perspectives.  Might fire up the random phrase builder script with new input sets.

... Or just think about mud wrasslin' and what could be made of it with these constraints.

All input characters must be fictional?  No Adolf Hitler-and-Dolly Parton combo allowed?

How many variants of the base character are we picking? 

On 1/27/2022 at 4:47 AM, Pariah said:

I have an idea.

I'm sorry in advance.

You are forgiven in advance unless we have a similar idea in which case forgiveness is withdrawn and prepare for war! :eg: :D 😇

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

I dare somebody to take this idea and run with it.

What's the matter ... Chicken? 

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

:think:    hmmmm ... it could be done ... it would require dumping the background research I did last night (all 10 minutes of it) ....

... Challenge accepted.