Waking up from sleeping.

MrAgdesh

For the most part when you wake from a natural sleep you should be at full END and STUN.  A normal person has a 4 recovery. If you did not wake up with full END and STUN that means a normal person that is woken up by a fire alarm will knock themselves out trying to escape the building. 

If the character has certain physical complications, that may change things. If the campaign is using LTE and the character has not recovered all of it when they are woken up, they will still be affected by that.   

I figure that a fire alarm would give you a free Post Phase 12 recovery if you wake up to it from REM sleep and the sudden resulting adrenaline surge (speaking as someone who wakes up to clarions from deep sleep fairly regularly but doesn't consider himself automatically on full END and STUN). You might take other recoveries as you suddenly get your wits and start to mobilise. A full night of refreshing sleep I can see as leaving fully charged batteries, but that's not really why I was asking.

I mean, I never do in real life...but this is a game, so...

Why wouldn't you? Sleeping is different from getting knocked unconscious. At least I would consider it different. As such you would be getting your recoveries all night and not spending END. I can't see any reason to think you wouldn't be at full.

I run it like MrAgdesh states: you get a full recovery and then you're on your own.  At 2 speed (normal human) you're going to recover what you use, generally on phase 12 automatically.  If you go too hard, you might burn a bit of stun (also recovered to 4).  When people wake up suddenly and have to jump out of bed and take action, at least in my experience I'm barely there, groggy, stumbling, etc.  That's not full STN and END.  Waking up is waking up, either from being knocked out or sleep.

You're not stumbling due to low END, tho.  You're talking about a massive adrenaline burst getting you up and going...even if it's, say, hearing the phone or doorbell ring unexpectedly.  Sure, you're disoriented, but I don't see any connection to END or STUN.  I'd say that it's closer to a mental Flash, as your brain is suddenly overloaded.  You can't think straight, your body isn't coordinated.

Heck, if I know I have to get up, get moving, get out the door by a firm time point...that typically forces an adrenaline rush that I pay for later.  Especially if I don't leave quite enough time.....or lolligag a bit too long so I feel like I'm running tight.  I've forgotten key things a few times when this has happened.

Heck, if I know I have to get up, get moving, get out the door by a firm time point...that typically forces an adrenaline rush that I pay for later. 

I consider that burning stun.  But there is room for the concept of adrenaline rush in the rules where you get extra END, STUN and even maybe STR, at a later cost of maybe Body or stun or an overall drain to stats

I'd say full Stun and End after waking up from a good sleep. There are obviously multiple ways to handle suddenly waking up and the results of that. I've gotten up groggy and hard to think one time;  a different time I'm awoken and I'm dressed and ready to go in 5 min.