NFL 2023

unclevlad

It also points out that KC's run has hit some serious speed bumps this year.

And the league's overall mediocrity.  13 teams are 7-6 or 6-7 (counting the 6-6 Packers playing tonight).  If the Packers lose to the Giants tonight, then 2 of the NFC playoff spots would currently be held by teams under .500.

The Athletic noted that the Pats are mathematically eliminated now.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinches start this week, and a few more eliminations.  Niners, Eagles, and Cowboys all clinch spots with a win.  Assuming Miami beats the Titans tonight, they and Baltimore might clinch with wins;  more likely, with that and perhaps certain teams losing.  Titans may be eliminated.  Chargers, Raiders, and Jets might be eliminated as well, if things go Just Wrong...starting of course with them losing.  The Cards are likely eliminated.  OTOH, I don't believe Washington or the Giants...even at 4-10...would necessarily be eliminated.

Well, well, well....not often I say, Thank you Giants!  At least when they're not playing the Cowboys, but hey, I'm more likely to be the next King of England than the Giants beating the Cowboys right now...

Also, ESPN is showing that the Niners have clinched a berth.

And what just happened in Miami....?????

Wow.  This is one they can't get back.  BLOWING a lead late and losing to a 13 point dog....................

And Miami likely NEEDS home field for the playoffs.  Their passing attack, in bad weather?  

I saw the Dolphins - Titans game on the TV at the restaurant where we celebrated MIL's birthday last night. Miami was white / aqua / white, while Tennessee wore navy / white / sky blue. On that TV, at least, the sky blue and aqua were almost the same color. Lack of contrast made it hard to tell at a glance which team was which. 

From SI's NFL power rankings...

I feel a little sad for the Raiders. They were a semi-competitive team before the arrival of Jon Gruden, they were torn down, rebuilt to three-quarters strength, handed over to one of the least successful NFL head coaches of the 21st century, sloppily topped off with a handful of veterans and ex-Patriots, and now they will likely necessitate another year or two of roster tweaking before they’ll be competitive again. 

ARGH...............

'24 will see a game in Sao Paolo, Brazil.  

Worse?  The league voted to expand to *8* international games in '25, altho ESPN noted they may not use them all.  OTOH....

The NFL might use the 2025 season as a ramp-up and thus might not play the full slate of eight games that year. Multiple team executives, however, told ESPN that they believe that, eventually, just about every team will play an international game each year.

Don't be too surprised if they do, say, a game in England, in the early-early time slot...and a game on NFL Network only, from Mexico or Brazil, in either of the typical time slots.  There's minimal time zone issues to worry about for those locations....and they probably won't impact SNF.  That would be foolish.  That said, I could also see a Saturday night broadcast from Mexico City or Sao Paolo, instead.  Why?  Scheduling.  The teams already have the option of a bye week after a game in Europe.  Byes are limited right now...none in the first or last 4 weeks, IIRC.  The international games are largely also not scheduled in those periods.  If there's 8 game, then 2 in 1 weekend might simplify things.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Ouch. Talk about adding insult to injury. 

Titans Trolling Texans: Tennessee to Wear Oilers Throwbacks vs. Houston

I totally agree with the opening line of the second paragraph.  This is rubbing salt into the wound.  I hope the Texans turn it into the Titans chumming the waters...then forgetting to use their shark cage.........