NFL 2024-25

So, I've had a bit to ruminate upon the Broncos' new uniform set, seen (mostly) below:

b9867817-f7e1-4ccd-93b2-14fa4ccceccc_192

I like them. They're clean, they're distinctive, and they don't have the accursed side stripes on the jerseys. I wish they had striped socks, or socks that didn't make the lower half look like a leotard, but I guess you can't have everything. I'm also a little perplexed at the lack of a center helmet stripe, but that's not too big a deal.

Perhaps best of all: A full Orange Crush throwback!

GLx4pSFXwAEZyT0?format=jpg&name=large

See, those socks are awesome!

Overall, four out of five stars. 

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

So, I've had a bit to ruminate upon the Broncos' new uniform set, seen (mostly) below:

b9867817-f7e1-4ccd-93b2-14fa4ccceccc_192

I like them. They're clean, they're distinctive, and they don't have the accursed side stripes on the jerseys. I wish they had striped socks, or socks that didn't make the lower half look like a leotard, but I guess you can't have everything. I'm also a little perplexed at the lack of a center helmet stripe, but that's not too big a deal.

Perhaps best of all: A full Orange Crush throwback!

GLx4pSFXwAEZyT0?format=jpg&name=large

See, those socks are awesome!

Overall, four out of five stars. 

These are actually pretty nice.  My biggest suggestion would be replacing the dark navy with more of a royal blue, as in the throwbacks.

Nah, kicker Wil Lutz has already claimed #3 for next year. #2 is also off the board, as Pat Surtain II isn't going to part with that number as long as he's with the team.

A quick scan indicates the following potential QB numbers are available: 5, 8, 10, and 16. Elway's #7 and Frank Tripucka's #18 are off the table (although Frank graciously allowed some guy to wear #18 for a couple of years a while ago). i have no feeling which way Wilson will go.

Maybe Zach Wilson will play better out of the harsh spotlight of the Big City. Maybe having a coach who has actually worked with a good quarterback before will also help. And hey, he played his college ball at altitude, so maybe that'll help, too.

I'm trying to take Monty Python's advice and always look at the bright side of life. :yes:

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I believe in my team as you in yours. This season, The Vikings will reach the Super Bowl and emerge as Champions

HA! 

I have precisely no belief that my team will reach the Super Bowl and emerge as Champions.

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

These are actually pretty nice.  My biggest suggestion would be replacing the dark navy with more of a royal blue, as in the throwbacks.

Mmm...maybe, but that's a fairly bright orange.  IMO that limits your options.  I like the navy, myself.

Draft day!  Belatedly catching up on the rumors.  There seems to be a lot of interest in the QBs that are available, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of reaching for the 4-6 rated candidates.  Loss Vegas needs a QB and wants Daniels pretty badly--he has familiarity with Antonio Pierce--but he's almost certainly going to the Commies at 2.  We'll probably wind up reaching for Penix which would be the most Raidersy mistake possible.  (I prefer my QBs to come equipped with ACLs.). Meanwhile the Vikings are said to be aggressively looking to move up with either the Pats at 3 (who need a QB themselves) or the Chargers at 5 (who need a lot of picks to rebuild their entire offense).  Denver is said to be "keeping its options open" which to me sounds like "hoping a QB falls to them".  Not that they can do much else--they just don't have the draft capital.  (Or even real capital since they're still paying for Russ.).

As for the NGD teams that are set at QB--the Bungles badly needed a WR even before Tee Higgins requested a trade; the JAGs should probably draft an actual offensive lineman lest Trevor Lawrence's beautiful face gets marred; and the Seahawks should do likewise in order to give Sam Howell a real shot.

I saw a mock draft earlier today in which Denver trades down with the Eagles and still ends up with Bo Nix. That wouldn't be a horrible outcome, I suppose. Except for Ben DiNucci, who would then be on the next plane out of town for the UFL.

This same mock draft has Penix Jr. falling to the Seahawks. 

Just for grins...

Who's going to actually watch the coverage, versus checking in periodically through your outlet of choice?

I'll just check in.  Only need the results, but I'll admit to enough morbid curiosity that I'll look round, not just wait until tomorrow.  

Posted (edited)

The Broncos get Bo Nix at #12. 

I expect there are a lot of happy people in Donkeyland right now.

It's been an interesting draft so far. Six quarterbacks taken in the first 12 picks, and zero defensive players. Says something about the state of the league right now, I suppose. 

Now, who will the Raiders get...?

Edited by Pariah

6 QBs, 4 OTs, 3 WRs...and a TE by the Raiders.  THEN the first defensive player...listed as an edge rusher.

Yeah, get your QB or get protection for the QB, or get him another target.

Talk about your lack of drama, at least so far.  Vikes and Jets swap picks, with Vikes sending a bit more along with it, but nothing real major.  Makes you think the Jets, who also need a QB badly, were perfectly happy to pass on both McCarthy and Nix...makes ya think they're in the "McCarthy didn't show much" category, at least.