It's a sign ...

CrosshairCollie

You could always try something like this:

Start the program while saying aloud, "I think I'll make a low-level villain." Once it's started, then create the big bad-guy.

Sometimes machines need to know their master. In college, the xerox machine would be commonly out of order, with lotsa students around it pondering what to do now. I'd walk in the room, ready to xerox and of course, get the line "It's not working". I'd proceed to xerox my papers, much to the glee of the other students. I'd leave, only to hear the same students say "Hey, it's broken again." I'd be able to do this time and again and don't know why.

Start with virus protection. If that is fully up to date then move on to voodoo protection. Assuming your computer is safe from hexes, you may want to call in an exorcist. Barring demonic possession, I'd consider some kind of alien control of your systems. If this is the case you need an apple i-book, a virus that happens to be written in alien code, and Jeff Goldblum. Will Smith is optional.

Or you can post the log to the HD forum.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Blue

Start with virus protection. If that is fully up to date then move on to voodoo protection. Assuming your computer is safe from hexes, you may want to call in an exorcist. Barring demonic possession, I'd consider some kind of alien control of your systems. If this is the case you need an apple i-book, a virus that happens to be written in alien code, and Jeff Goldblum. Will Smith is optional.

Or you can post the log to the HD forum.

Good luck.

I think for the Voodoo protection, you need to sacrifice a small animal.

Hit a rodent with your car and offer the kill up to the Computer Loa.

D

Originally posted by misterdeath

I think for the Voodoo protection, you need to sacrifice a small animal.

Hit a rodent with your car and offer the kill up to the Computer Loa.

D

Yes! Lemmings are good for this. Where could we find one around here?...

You need to remind your computer who is in charge. When you start your program up again, lean into your computer and whisper, in a voice only you and the computer can hear, "I know where the power switch is. Remember that."

Then lean back and see is it gives you any trouble.

Failing that, try a little percussive maintenance. Nothing gets a computer to comply like a good swift thump to the side.

Originally posted by Battlestaff

Failing that, try a little percussive maintenance. Nothing gets a computer to comply like a good swift thump to the side.

After all, it used to work on the Carburator on my old Ford.

"If all else fails, hit it with a hammer. If that fails, use a bigger hammer..."

D

Re: It's a sign ...

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

Three times in the last three days, I've opened up Hero Designer to put together a big, bad, nasty, horrendous baddie for my game.

Every time, Hero Designer crashes on me.

I'm starting to think someone's trying to tell me something.:D

yeah-- that WINDOWS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :p :P

(assuming you're using a pc, because apparently, everybody does but me--if you're not, don't tell me, i don't think my poor 'mac-snob' heart could take it....);)

Originally posted by Vorsch

2500pts?

Question If thats a bad guy whats a hero?

anser DEAD!

Neither, it was the Trickster from Classis Organizations who is kind of a "Marvel style" interfering godling. One of the players is an offspring from a liaison with a mortal. Though anyone who hurts her...

Originally posted by Blue

Yes! Lemmings are good for this. Where could we find one around here?...

Hey! I'm not as violence proned as a certain redhead, but I think I might be able to justify self defense here.

Crosshair, are you running the Java that comes with HD? What's the tracelog look like when you crash etc... Simon may want to look at that.

Of course you could always just install Linux. Much better for you and we have hotter chicks. :D

I will attempt to answer your questions, as best I can:

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

Three times in the last three days, I've opened up Hero Designer to put together a big, bad, nasty, horrendous baddie for my game.

Alright, you are attempting to make a "Baddie" with software designed by "HERO". This is you first mistake. Try making the character as a hero, then at the last minute, put "Megalomania" in as a psych limitation. Then Save.

Every time, Hero Designer crashes on me.

This is very serious. In the future, do not allow HERO Designer to drive your car.

I'm starting to think someone's trying to tell me something.

This is very possible. Hero Designer was adapted from software developed by SETI. Take a flashlight outside, at night, and see if you can signal the mothership.

Steve Long, why hast thou forsaken me?! :D

Hmm...did you dance a polka while circling a pigs foot over your head under a full moon? That usually works for me.

At the risk of being helpful:

http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

~Download a copy (of Ad-Aware 6), and install it. (should be free)

~Run the program and scan your system, remove anything that looks wierd (thats generally everything).

~It sounds like some of your software is conflicting.

Ghost who walks you forgot the most important part of the ceremony at the end you say the name Steve Long 3 times.:D

Course I have tried the telling the computer I know where the power switch is. Usually doesnt work. It thought I was bluffing. Course it then learned better.

The machines are basically just testing our authority to discover our strengths and weaknesses for when they will take over the world.:P