Name my group's Super Team.

Herolover

Hello Everyone.

That's right. This board gets to name my group's Super Team.

Here are the details:

The campaign is a standard campaign set in Millennium City.

What is publicly known is that a group of four or five heroes with the backing of Dr. Silverback are going to form a super-team in the city in order to fight crime. The heroes are Firehawk (looks like a teenage version of Firewing and has same powers), Titanic (looks like a smaller Grond without the horns and has same powers), Shockwave (looks like Thunderbolt I from the Ultimates and has same powers) and Psilance (looks like Lancer from PSI and has same powers)

Not publicly known is that VIPER cloned Firewing, Grond, Thunderbolt I, Lancer, and possibly a couple of others. VIPERâ€s goal was to mentally program the clones to do their bidding. UNTIL raided the lab and captured the project before it was completed. They had Dr. Silverback complete the project under their direction with different programming.

The PC’s and Dr. Silverback have announced their intention to form a super team, gotten some donations, and doing an internet contest to name their team. (Winner gets to cut the red tape on the new base with a grand tour and time spent with members of the team).

Our gaming group has decided to post this hear in order to let the HERO fandom pick our group name. Some possible names are

Millennium City Sentinels

New Avengers

New Champions

Millennium City Brotherhood

Millennium City Meta-Knights

Millennium City Justice Corp

Millennium City Justice Council

Millennium City Justice Force

Project Shield

Millennium City Justice Watch

Millennium City Crime Watch

Millennium City Justice Squad.

Note on several of these you could loose the Millennium City part. What are your suggestions?

Ouch, luckily it was stun only.

It would seem you should go with the duplicates angle, Firewing and the Grondling are gonna be hard pressed to hide their nature. Here are some ideas of the top of my head.

the Scions, the Recombatants-originally writtes as a DNAgents parody by Mike Baron, the LightsSide

The B Team, Beta Team, Team beta, Team Galatea, The Myrmadons, Phase 2, the Next Gen, Second Gen, the Knockoffs, Project reflect, the Mirror Men, the Shadowfighters,

The Avenging Sons, at least if they in any way address the sins of their "Fathers" also try Nemisis along these lines, maybe Nemesis of evil or Strikeforce Nemesis.

If they face a great deal of prejudice-- Black Sheep or Black Watch (The Black Sheep is reaching I know but Black Sheep might be tagged on them by media pundits or mocking villains.) There are probably people in the former detroit area who blame supers as a whole for the destruction of the city.

Congrats, you came up with a team concept I've never seen for a hero group and that doesn't happen too often.

The originality of the idea is why I awarded them all 25 extra character points. The rules were that they had to pick an already made character out of any of the HERO books.

One player has yet to play and he picked Nighthawk, but that has yet to come up since he hasn't played.

Below is some

Spoiler information that I don't want my players to know:

In truth the players are not clones. They are the actually the entities in question. VIPER captured them and was using strange techniques to "re-program" the characters. Of course none of the players know this. They think they are clones and any differnce between them and the "prime" is due to "genetic anomalies." The truth is:

• UNTIL perfomed surgery on Grond to change his appearance
  • There were errors in the process and Firewing's alien make up caused him to "de-age" to his current teen appearance.
  • Nighthawks equipment was kept and his "clone" is going to be told it is copies though it is the original equipment.

I have lots of plans. The players have already met the Champions and found out that Nighthawk is dead. He "died" in a VIPER attack. The Champions know the truth and some tention has already been created between Firehawk and Ironclad. Of course the player that plays Firehawk is in fear of his "prime" and thinks Ironclad doesn't like him because he is similar to Firewing. Little does he know.

Please do not post anything on the informatio above as some of my players read this forum

A.L.E.R.T One: Alternative Law Enforcement Response Team - One

---P.R. Newletter: Red Alert

S.P.E.A.R: Super Powered Enforcement/Assault Response

---P.R. Newletter: SPEARHead

P.R.I.M.E. : Primary Response/Intervention--Metahuman Enforcement

---P.R. Newletter: PRIME Time

S.T.A.R.T: Superpowered Tactical Assault Response Team

---P.R. Newletter: START to Finish

Metro W.A.R.R.I.O.R:

---Metro Wayne Area Regional--Rescue/ Interdiction/ Offensive Response Team

---P.R. Newletter: The WARRIOR Elite

F.U.R.I.E.S: First Urban Rescue/Intervention/Enforcement Service

---P.R. Newletter: The FURIES Files

Originally posted by Blue

How "Teen Titans" do ya wanna go? I can come up with some really sappy ones...

Juvenile Justice

Brat Pack!

DNA (Defend, Neutralize, ...something with an "A" ;) )

Youth Movement

Young Guns

Defend, Neutralize, Annihilate.

They are the "evil" guys after all. So, what happens when they find out and go with it... Prepared for the end of the world?

What you do is pick an acronym that you like from the suggestions above, but don't tell anybody what the letters stand for. Then, when they go public, the press will ask them, they won't know, so there will be all kinds of made up meanings.... :-)

Volt

I would Suggest:

Project Watch:

a timely sugggestion, but in light of the observations the following should be noted:

it is two faced in that both sides are being watched..... especially to see if they follow in the paths of their predecessors....

And I would darn well suggest that there be someone to keep them in line if their fathers band together to take revenge

Originally posted by Volt

What you do is pick an acronym that you like from the suggestions above, but don't tell anybody what the letters stand for. Then, when they go public, the press will ask them, they won't know, so there will be all kinds of made up meanings.... :-)

Volt

Oh, there's a thread of an idea! Ask them what they think of being called HAMMER, and see if they ask what it stands for. Also see if any of them connects it with the MC part.... :D