Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Here is an attempt to post a pic I did of my champs character with some free stuff from Animotions site' date=' Photoshop, and DAZ Studio. Let me know what you think.[/quote']

Oooo... shiny!! Very nice!! I'm currently jumping in into Poser with both feet myself. I bought Poser 7 along with 6 and the 5 free for all plus I have a ton of content that I have amassed that I really need to start putting to good use. I hope I can eventually produced stuff that is half as good as this. :thumbup:

That isn't too far off, although you can also buy or create all the props, scenery, and textures as well to make a complete scene. The original creator, Larry Weinberg, says in his forward "I dropped into my local art supply shop and bought one of those little wooden mannequins that I thought would be my friend. He wasn't so nice to me and never did what I asked of him.... Why not make a digital mannequin?"

Over the years it became an artistic outlet for those without the manual dexterity to create works of art from more traditional mediums and even more importantly became another artistic medium onto its own right. Countless works have been created by real artists that desired to create 3D artwork for every genre imaginable. It has even made its way into movies and TV. It has a powerful animation feature as well. For the really good work that Poser produces, you really have to have artistic talent to put the pieces all together and often the artist has to use things like Photoshop to create custom textures, maps, and even backgrounds and finishing touches.

I agree Tamashii2000! I'm still learning Poser, but I'm starting over and trying to learn it the right way and from the beginning. Daz|Studio is definitely the way to go for folks that don't want to invest the money and there are actually some features of D|S that are better than Poser.

Can you give me a link to wings3d and blender? I don't believe I'm familiar with those.

I agree Tamashii2000! I'm still learning Poser, but I'm starting over and trying to learn it the right way and from the beginning. Daz|Studio is definitely the way to go for folks that don't want to invest the money and there are actually some features of D|S that are better than Poser.

Can you give me a link to wings3d and blender? I don't believe I'm familiar with those.

I personaly use Hexagon for my modeling but you have to buy that from daz3d,

Wings3d is free and very good I used it before I got Hexagon: http://www.wings3d.com

Blender is opensource and I have heard good things about it althrough I haven't used it myself: http://www.blender.org

Oooo... shiny!! Very nice!! I'm currently jumping in into Poser with both feet myself. I bought Poser 7 along with 6 and the 5 free for all plus I have a ton of content that I have amassed that I really need to start putting to good use. I hope I can eventually produced stuff that is half as good as this. :thumbup:

Thanx for the kind words! That pic really was pretty easy to do. I got most of the stuff I used for free and changed it in photoshop. His constume used to be a Spiderman, DAZ cloak for the cape, daredevil billy clubz. It's pretty kewl once you start messing with it.

I personaly use Hexagon for my modeling but you have to buy that from daz3d,

Wings3d is free and very good I used it before I got Hexagon: http://www.wings3d.com

Blender is opensource and I have heard good things about it althrough I haven't used it myself: http://www.blender.org

I use Hexagon as well. That is probably why I haven't pursued other modelers. I'm still trying to learn it as well though. Those others look interesting though.

Thanx for the kind words! That pic really was pretty easy to do. I got most of the stuff I used for free and changed it in photoshop. His constume used to be a Spiderman' date=' DAZ cloak for the cape, daredevil billy clubz. It's pretty kewl once you start messing with it.[/quote']

Easy for you to say. ;) I'll post up something as soon as I can.

I use Hexagon as well. That is probably why I haven't pursued other modelers. I'm still trying to learn it as well though. Those others look interesting though.

I lucked out and found a couple very very good tutorials for making cloths in Hexagon - I can send you the links if you want.

I lucked out and found a couple very very good tutorials for making cloths in Hexagon - I can send you the links if you want.

ABSOLUTELY!! I'm a big fan of tutorials so please send away. I'm also trying to amass some for Poser and Bryce if you have any to offer.