Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."

So my good V, might I ask what program you used to render the above image. Verily good sir I vouch safe my interest and the veracity of my valiant if verberos claim.

LOL

QM

Quoted mightily and quite merrily I feel. Your Query Merits an answer.

I used Daz Studio, a free 3d art package available from http://www.daz3d.com - which I prefer to the more advanced (and expensive!) Poser software. There are people on these boards using Daz Studio far better than I however, I am just a hobbyist.

The pic above took about twenty five minutes start to finish, including rendering time, and was created specifically for this thread when I found it today.

Hope you like this follow up...

Things go from bad to worse as Chakra makes an appearance...

Actually her complaint you can lay directly on the current EIC at Marvel not Millar. (He does enough ad stuff, might as well put blame where it's due.)

Actually her complaint you can lay directly on the current EIC at Marvel not Millar. (He does enough ad stuff' date=' might as well put blame where it's due.)[/quote']

DAMMIT! Stop confusing my bigotry with facts! This is the Internet!

Hehe... I just picked up that cage myself. It looks pretty good rendered. Nice use of it too. :thumbup:

Good old Daz... I spent a smallish fortune during their recent Members Choice sale (must work the Millennium Dragon 2 into a supers pic...) and now they've started March Madness.

>sigh<

What is really sad is my membership expired the day before the Members Choice sale. :mad: I'm debating about March Madness right now. I've been telling myself not to spend more money on stuff until I get a better handle on Poser, but at the same time I don't want to miss the great deals.

Ouch.

If I can share my own "ouch" I discovered the Member's Choice sale right at the end of Day 1.

Logged on, found the bundle contained Mil Dragon 2 for $1.99 (normally about $70), V3 International Beauty pack for $1.99 (normally about $60) and so on. Practically all 10 items were ones that had been on my "Can't Justify" wishlist... so I added most of them to my basket.

Went to find one more item (Mil Dogs, to complement the Mil Dogs Expansion pack)... and in the time it took to add to my basket the sale ended. Everything back to full price and there was no way I was going to spend that amount of cash.

If I hadn't tried to add that one item I'd have got the lot for about $30.00

Damn.

What was funny though was the way the forums were filled with outraged clients who objected to the way Daz ran the sale, as though the company were under an obligation to give their stuff away. Me, I bided my time & picked up some of the ones I wanted in the last-chance bundle sale.

FWIW I find Daz Studio easier to handle than Poser, have you tried it?

I've played around with it a bit. I bought Poser 6 and 7 in the upgrade deal that they were running and so I'm committed to learning Poser for now. I've heard good stuff about D|S, just haven't invested my time into it. I also picked up Bryce 6 and Carrera in recent sales as well so I still have a lot of learning to do. My hope is to learn them well enough that I can start doing scenes for my games for the players or at a bare minimum start doing character pics for them. Eventually I will be tackling making the models from scratch so that I can make back some of the money I spent. LOL

Thungar the Atlantean' date=' resident barbarian brick of the Bastions of Liberty City meets one of the most dangerous foes his world ever has to face...[/quote']

Heh... in the tiny thumbnail he seemed to be reaching awully low :D