City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

There are still people playing that game? :eek:

I used to play this game a lot. I still have 4 or 5 level 50's on my old account that is sitting idle. I have a few level 50 Heroes, and a few level 50 villains. :)

I stopped playing a good year ago due to boredom... :( But it was a fun game. I am waiting for DCU Online, with hopes that one will be a blast.

There are still people playing that game? :eek:

I used to play this game a lot. I still have 4 or 5 level 50's on my old account that is sitting idle. I have a few level 50 Heroes, and a few level 50 villains. :)

I stopped playing a good year ago due to boredom... :( But it was a fun game. I am waiting for DCU Online, with hopes that one will be a blast.

I think many here are waiting on Champions Online.

I still enjoy CoH. It still retains my interest and fairly cheap entertainment. And it's a social thing with people I tend to play with. I don't think if I didn't have a group, I'd still be playing

I think many here are waiting on Champions Online.

I still enjoy CoH. It still retains my interest and fairly cheap entertainment. And it's a social thing with people I tend to play with. I don't think if I didn't have a group, I'd still be playing

I too am waiting for Champions, but leery of the Atari purchase. :( CoH/CoV got boring as my friends left and I had fewer and fewer connections and more frustrations from the Issue 5 and 6 nerfs to my tank.

I5 is when they gutted my Invuln/SS tank, and after they promised no more major changes, they gutted her again in I6 with ED AFTER I had compensated with slotting.

This is also when they promised heroic solo missions would never require groups for normal missions, and then stuck Hero mobs in my CoV missions at basic difficulty.

I pop back every once in a while when I get a free weekend trial, and can no longer get into the game.

I left the game when the servers started getting less and less populated. Many of my friends went to different games like Age of Conan, and EQ2. I tried LOTRO and Warhammer Online for a bit, and that was pretty fun.

Of all the games I played after CoH and CoV, none were more fun than my time with CoH/CoV. I tired of the graphics and the power sets tho. Instead of increasing power sets, they went to invention. I would have preferred more powersets to the invention system. But that was my preference...

I miss flying around the city, seeing a foe, readying an uppercut, and dropping down from the skies to deliver it.

In the meantime, I am an Engineer in Warhammer fighting for those humans' Sigmar. And a Knight of the Blazing Sun. And a Warrior Priest (best soloing class EVER!).

Now hurry up Cryptic and DC. I want to recreate my Supergirl character that CoH ruined.

I think I will take a break from MMOs. I have Fallout 3, Sacred, Aquaria, and can always pick up Sacred 2. Think once my WAR sub runs out, I will take a break from pay to continue play. Debating on renewing my Eve sub though, my toon is one smoking talented pilot in a Dominix, Crusader, Cheetah, and Ishtar.

In this last issue they added a Shield Defense powerset for Tankers, Scrappers, and Brutes. A Pain Domination (healing) set for Masterminds and Corruptors. And they did unnerf Invulnerability somewhat.

They did some number crunching and found it was underperforming.

A couple of issues ago they added a Dual Swords set fro the Melee types, and a Willpower Defense set as well.

For you costume-aholics (Like me) Maces, swords, shields, Etc. can all be customized. And as you play you can unlock more variations on the customization.

Shame I can't trade in my powersets for the new ones. Have they added such an ability yet? They broke my Supergirl build' date=' now I want to switch her to another powerset as they switched her strengths away from her original ones.[/quote']

Nope. You'd have to roll a new one.

They also added an alternative build for each character.

You Basically can redo your character, though with same powersets as an alternative. So you can have one for solo, one for team, or maybe PVP or something.

The graphics are great and the premise is great. I did suffer from the cliff syndrome myself, and I have played pretty much every MMO out there.

I understand that you REQUIRE a guild in order to have any chance of longevity at Eve. I heard that the guild leaders pretty much own you, and if you don't do as they wish, they will drop you in a heartbeat.

It has the potential of being the BEST MMO out there otherwise...

I solo in the starting newbie corp, run level 4 missions in my Dominix drone carrying battleship, and sometimes join with others for a go at PVP.

I will never get into Tech 2 manufacturing, starbase sieges, and alliance raids on systems. I DO like to spy on such in my CovertOps. Overall, I am carving my own small niche in near total safety, and like it that way. Sure I can be suicide ganked, but not easily.

Still sticking around, I believe (I always get my servers mixed up) I can be found irregularly on the Triumph server, playing Archer Jeanne recently.

Really wish they'd do something to include super vehicles...

Oh, come on, what's funnier than a group of superheroes riding the elevated train?

As seen here http://www.pvponline.com/2004/06/08/june-8-2004/

BTW, if you haven't read it, PvP is an excellent webcomic.