City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Log, got any pics of the costume in question?

As for reporting, I've done it to all levels and varieties. I didn't do it often and with malicious intent. Somethign reportable would have to be pretty clear-cut. I report obvious copies (most flagrant I saw was MC Hammer- the character was literally MC Hammer plopped into COX with requisite powers). Others were names such as Dirty Sanchez and The French Tickler.

Now I'd would likely not have reported Log's Quiz Master because the name makes it obviously a different character. Or if I saw someone named The Riddler with an Sphinx motif I'd say good one. But if he was "The Ridler" and had the appearance, I'd have to report it just on the lame-o copycat alone.

I did create one alternate costume, but I wanted the original, dangit. Ok, it was obviously meant to be a Riddler homage, I can't deny that. But like I said, it wasn't a direct translation! I'll have to spend the evening figuring out what I want to look like now. Maybe I'll just run around naked. That'll show 'em!

I'd really like to know who reported me.

Uh....heh, look at the time....

*Runs*

I really thought Pizz N Vinegar would have been fine based on the meaning of the said phrase.

Straight from http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/full+of+piss+and+vinegar.html

Idiom Definition for 'Full of piss and vinegar'

Meaning:

Someone who's full of piss and vinegar is full of youthful energy.

I think I've reported a few characters, but mainly when going into their description I find things that would get you insta-banned on most boards.

The homages, etc... I leave alone.

A friend got his name changed to Generic. I forget the name, but his was -????- because ???? was already taken. ???? still existed. If you're going to ban a name, shouldn't you ban it completely?

Log' date=' got any pics of the costume in question?[/quote']

I meant to take some pics because i was going to photoshop it some, but I don't now. I would have to recreate it and I'm just not in the mood for that. My secondary costume no longer has the question mark logo. I'm angry, frustrated, and defeated. Earlier it was annoying, but once I saw it wouldn't even let me use the question mark on anything anymore...I give up. I don't want to play him anymore, and I'm not sure I want to play the game any more.

I'm probably getting too angry due to residue from today's events at work. This was just a final straw kind of thing. Maybe I'll calm down tomorrow.

But this really freaking sucks.

I meant to take some pics because i was going to photoshop it some, but I don't now. I would have to recreate it and I'm just not in the mood for that. My secondary costume no longer has the question mark logo. I'm angry, frustrated, and defeated. Earlier it was annoying, but once I saw it wouldn't even let me use the question mark on anything anymore...I give up. I don't want to play him anymore, and I'm not sure I want to play the game any more.

I'm probably getting too angry due to residue from today's events at work. This was just a final straw kind of thing. Maybe I'll calm down tomorrow.

But this really freaking sucks.

Did they remove the '?' as a symbol all together? Can other people use it in their costume?

If your character's name and background did not match that of the Riddler, then I suggest you dispute the change. If the initial representative is unable to overturn this, escalate it to the next level and so on. Do not reference your homage part of it all, merely hold that your character is distinctly different from the IP they reference, and you should not be penalized for the overzealousness of the initial employee who enacted the restrictions.

I figure the first guy is erring on the side of caution as policy to protect the company. If the character is unique, then there shoudn't be restrictions on your costuming.

OTOH, if your character's background has his real name being E. Nigma, and goes on about how you love to challenge Batman, well, you could have expected this.

Did they remove the '?' as a symbol all together? Can other people use it in their costume?

If your character's name and background did not match that of the Riddler, then I suggest you dispute the change. If the initial representative is unable to overturn this, escalate it to the next level and so on. Do not reference your homage part of it all, merely hold that your character is distinctly different from the IP they reference, and you should not be penalized for the overzealousness of the initial employee who enacted the restrictions.

I figure the first guy is erring on the side of caution as policy to protect the company. If the character is unique, then there shoudn't be restrictions on your costuming.

OTOH, if your character's background has his real name being E. Nigma, and goes on about how you love to challenge Batman, well, you could have expected this.

I assume the question mark is still usable, but it doesn't show on my character anymore for some reason.

Honestly, I didn't even consider appealing the decision. I figured they wouldn't listen on matters like this. But it's worth a shot. Good idea.

As for background, I never wrote one in.

If their issue is the costume is as exact a replica as CoX allows, that's not unfair. Did you address the problem you're having using the question mark with them?

I have a few homages of costumes here and there, but I generally just go with something else.

I have a Mary Marvel on my electric brute and often yell Shazam before doing a Lightning Rod. That and I used to have a Phoenix costume on my fire blaster. Best used upon activation of the fire resurrect power.

I have no idea what you all are talking about with your "homages". Seems like an odd practice to me.

Proditor's toons:

Sabre Carstairs

Supernova Titan (In modified Xandarian Cenutrion Garb...)

Wayne Brady (With his thugs: Drew Carrey, Dave Chappelle, Brad Sherwood, Ryan Stiles, Colin Mockery, and Greg Proops)

Proditor Cappela

Manta-Man

Dr. Wraithman

Mercury Mercenary

Thundarr Barbarian

:whistle:

Does everyone give theme names to their thugs? Just wondering.

I started off with Trapdoor Spider, whose minions were named after various spiders (at least the ones that the game hadn't already reserved for Arachnos minions), and when I ran out I had "Webhead" and "Wallcrawler".

My robot MM, the very senile "Steamborg", is working "Gizmo", "Whatchamacallit", "Thingamajig", etc. Which is really more a tribute to my grandmother who could never remember the name for anything.

My best friend's kids had him create a ninja mastermind, so he named the minions after his kids. Then after the first two he had to start naming them after his kids' soccer team :D

Does everyone give theme names to their thugs? Just wondering.

Vera Gemini's Thugs:

Cultosaurus

AgentOfFortune

Gahzilla (no Godzilla allowed)

Imaginos

ME-262

More Cowbell

Metal Postcard Robots are named after Siouxsie songs.

Hyaena

Nocturne

Looking Glass

Kaleidoscope

Juju

Tinderbox

Of of my other themes for robot pets was old game systems:

Coleco

Atari

Playstation

Sega

I somehow forgot a bunch...

Doc Turbine (Tom Turbine and Tom Strong homage)

Colonel Communism (From the old V&V Core book)

Baron Unterbheit

Dohar, Master of Robots (Robot MM - Raccoon, Cave rat, Mountain Dog)

Dr. McNinja-Pirate (Ninja MM - Calico Jack, John Ansell)

Evergreen Dryad (Evergeen from V&V)

Captain Cairo (Blue Beetle Homage)

Quebecois (From V&V)

Obsidian Thought (Shadow homage)

William Zabka (In Cobra-Kai gear of course)

Yes, I like homages. I was going to sponsor a contest when I got to my 20th DH article, called "Spot the homage" with fabulous gifts and prizes.

If we go into non-big company homages, I've got a couple more:

Miss Howler ( Howler from CKC)

Psilancer (Lancer from CKC, though more in history and powers than look)

And of course my Villian SG is Eurostar, and I built Feuermacher and .Skorpia