City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I still want the Vet Reward that gives you your contact's phone number right away. And any talk to mission' date=' you can just call the person. Maybe I need to send that in as a suggestion again.[/quote']

This is probably a good idea. However, it's not hard to pick up the temp travel power at level 5 or 6, it's only a bit of work which goes quick.

Raptor Packs in Pocket D? I haven't noticed that. Which vendor?

This is probably a good idea. However, it's not hard to pick up the temp travel power at level 5 or 6, it's only a bit of work which goes quick.

Raptor Packs in Pocket D? I haven't noticed that. Which vendor?

Um, I think I was up on the second floor, near the cage area. I wasn't looking for Stores/Vendors on the map, I was just going person-to-person to see what they said (or did).

• 1 month later...

Most likely before Champions Online does. I think CO has them nervous since it will hit their primary demographic.

It is interesting that a lot of what the dev team that used to work on CoH said was impossible, is being rolled out now. (Of course, the people that said it wouldn't work for CoH, many are working on CO...)

And it's stuff that is going to be in CO.

I'm going to check out CO, but I've been enjoying a lot of the changes to CoH since Jack left. The thing that may get me to play CO over CoH is the nemesis system. Though the more customizable powers may do it as well.

It is interesting that a lot of what the dev team that used to work on CoH said was impossible, is being rolled out now. (Of course, the people that said it wouldn't work for CoH, many are working on CO...)

And it's stuff that is going to be in CO.

Nothing is impossible, just impossible within time constraints given.

I'm going to check out CO' date=' but I've been enjoying a lot of the changes to CoH since Jack left. The thing that may get me to play CO over CoH is the nemesis system. Though the more customizable powers may do it as well.[/quote']

The ability to choose powers across different types is gonna be sweet. Based on the videos I've seen. I am confident I will be able to bring in some characters with a reasonable confidence I can represent them properly. The Nemesis system is cool also, but I'm trying to get an idea who would be the nemesises for some of my characters.

I remembered that for my Captain Patriot character, I had designed a character called Chemax, who worked for the Livermore labs in California, trying to work on a solution for the smog in the air. A chemical accident forced Chemax to live in life support suit that actually filters outside air and pumps in the lethal air components he needs to live. I even came up with his two lab assistants name Exo and Endo, after exothermic and endothermic reactions. Exo was always wearing close to nothing to allow the heat her body was generating to escape while Endo was always forced to do what she could to heat up the air around her as she was always cold. Endo had this ability to steal heat from other heat sources, including people.

Hmm, Electric Melee. I can finally make Kid Dynamo as an Electric tank instead of an Energy melee tank.

No, wait. I can't. His name was taken back.

Bite me, NCSoft.

What does that mean, "his name was taken back"? I presume that is different than just being in use by some other player?

No, just poor phrasing, I guess. Back when they first decided to free up names, they put a level 35 requirement to have a character being safe from having its name made available for use. So, characters who were my main alts, well into their 20s, and more than halfway to the level cap, had their names made available. I bought CoV when it came out and decided to try it out, but ended up losing my names on my two high 20's characters and a few that were around 20.

Kind of annoying.

No, just poor phrasing, I guess. Back when they first decided to free up names, they put a level 35 requirement to have a character being safe from having its name made available for use. So, characters who were my main alts, well into their 20s, and more than halfway to the level cap, had their names made available. I bought CoV when it came out and decided to try it out, but ended up losing my names on my two high 20's characters and a few that were around 20.

Kind of annoying.

I think the name freeing up got a bit better (level 10 or so), but it was only non-paying accounts.

Kind of annoying.

You realize that the freeing up of names started when Cryptic still ran the game... I could have sworn that they only released the names of characters in inactive accounts. Because I have a ton of alts on 3 different servers with none above lvl 30 and never lost a name. YMMV I guess

Tasha

You realize that the freeing up of names started when Cryptic still ran the game... I could have sworn that they only released the names of characters in inactive accounts. Because I have a ton of alts on 3 different servers with none above lvl 30 and never lost a name. YMMV I guess

Tasha

The account was inactive. I quit, and came back for CoV, to find my characters' names gone.

Cryptic can bite me too, actually. :D

At least they're doing non-unique names in CO.

Really? More than one person can be named Knight Hawk?

-shnar

Actually I think that was mentioned on a forum or announcement, so NDA doesn't apply. That's something that will be nice. Now we can properly shun chars with 133t names.

It's been mentioned quite a few times, not an NDA issue at all. There will be a global chat handle, and it will be appended to the character name as necessary. For example, you may have six Knight Hawk's on your friends list, but they would also have their global chat handle attached, such as Knight Hawk@shnar, Knight Hawk@Celt, Knight Hawk@Lemming. However, you won't see those @___'s appended to people just walking around, unless there happened to be two of the same name near each other. I'm presuming that's another circumstance where the appended global chat handle might apply. The system hasn't been laid out in great detail, but that's the gist of it as I understand it.

It's been mentioned quite a few times' date=' not an NDA issue at all. There will be a global chat handle, and it will be appended to the character name as necessary. For example, you may have six Knight Hawk's on your friends list, but they would also have their global chat handle attached, such as Knight Hawk@shnar, Knight Hawk@Celt, Knight Hawk@Lemming. However, you won't see those @___'s appended to people just walking around, unless there happened to be two of the same name near each other. I'm presuming that's another circumstance where the appended global chat handle might apply. The system hasn't been laid out in great detail, but that's the gist of it as I understand it.[/quote']

I like it. I've only played CoH for a few months so far, and already I've had to modify/mangle character names I wanted because the "regular" version has already been taken.

• 2 months later...