City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

A friend had a character named "Tanks for the Mammalaries" He had her for 2 years and had gotten her to 50 before someone got offended and reported him. The name got changed to "Tanks for the Memories"

You know the player behind Tanks ?

That character has some of he best art done for them and practically each pic could be a different character.

• 2 weeks later...

I did. Didn't need it, but I figure I've got months and months before C-O comes up and I move to that.

The auras are pretty nice. For those unfamiliar they are Left-Eye Cyborg, Right-Eye Cyborg, Both-Eyes Cyborg, and Heads-up Display. Essentially instaed of a regular aura you get a pulsing eye with a beam issuing from it, or in the case of headsup display, a see-thru virtual display that rolls down over the face much like one would lower a visor on a helmet. The colors are customizable.

The cyborg suit pieces are pretty blah. I have the arms on my current cyborg type. Just wasn't impressed at all.

Tried the self-destruct mechanism as I was dying once, and it triggerd (that is, the icon shrunk as when you use a power) but I died and there was a brief shaking SFX like something was happening, but everyone walked away ignoring my corpse. So I'm not sure if that was a bug or what. They rolled out a patch last night to fix some bugs so I may have to go try it again.

Not really worth $10 to most people, but it was just barely worth it for me.

If I remember tonight I'll post some pics of Circuitrixie, my villainous cyborg. (Her whole character history btw is: "Built by god, hacked by Satan.")

They also have 3 new emotes.

/e powerdown - you slowly slump over with arms sagging, like you are going to sleep.

/e powerup - You come out of powerdown mode and get recharged.

/e robotdance - a dance where you look less of a spastic dork.

Got to properly test out the Self-Destruct. Seems it has a very long delay from when you activate it to when it goes off, so your targets have an opportunity to kill you first. But when it goes off it makes a decent explosion. But the real SFX are in the "wind down" as you're about to go, not the actual boom.

So the real use seems to be to use it arbitrarily to take out large groups of small guys, then use a self-rez or have someone rez you so you can jump back into the fight.

Both my successful tests left me debt-free. I only got debt when the guys managed to kill me before the boom.

I think it would have rocked if pieces of me flew everywhere. Something for Champions Online designes to consider ;)

Ok, here is a question-a few years back the people who put out the games for "Witchcraft" and "All flesh must be eaten" was going to put out a City of Heroes RPG game but all that anyone has heard from it is that it's been forthcoming since 2005.

Why doesn't Hero Games pick up the game since the people who are making C-O are the same ones who made COH/V?? I think it would be killer to have a kind of cross over game with Statesman fighting with Defender over who runs the big league team (IE-Avengers for Marvel and JLA for DC) while Dr. Destroyer and Lord Recluse become good partners in crime?

Eh, talk about being hopeful but it's a good question none the less, true?

• 2 months later...

Rise Thread and do my bidding!

just saw this announcement. Thought I'd get peoples reactions to issue 13.

To celebrate the release of Issue 13: Power & Responsibility the City of Heroes Team would like to welcome back all previous subscribers to try out the new update.

All players who had retail accounts that are in good standing will be able to access our live servers starting now through Sunday night at 11:59 PM EST.

So far, I'm liking the little changes I've noticed here and there.

Overview of I 13

Not sure about the Shield Set. I'll be trying out the Pain powerset on a MM later.

Having two different playable builds per character is interesting.

Making all my alts get jobs. We'll see how that plays out.

haven't checked out Bruce Harlick's missions yet.

Upgrading MM pets is much easier now.