City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Yeh, I hear ya. They never quite go the way I expect.

And the one in particular shuffled a few things when I published it. Definitely a bug.

I'd assign the poses and then they'd be of different people after publishing. First one I made didn't do that.

Yeh, I hear ya. They never quite go the way I expect.

And the one in particular shuffled a few things when I published it. Definitely a bug.

I'd assign the poses and then they'd be of different people after publishing. First one I made didn't do that.

Yep. Currently Joan the Jett looks like she has her captors hostage. :D

I had one where the hostages wound up the same as the enemy group.

I did your mission with my lvl 40 Robots MM. I think I'll try out "Joan of Jett", my dark/regen scrapper next. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Question for all you CoH players. I just downloaded and installed the game, but whenever I try to run it, one of two things happen. Either it tells me the server is down (I went and checked; it wasn't at the time) or the updater runs and tries to re download the whole (expletive deleted) 2 GB program.

The only non-standerd thing I did when I d/l'ed it was to install it on my D drive.

Has anyone else had a similar experience.

The file check looks like a full download. It's just a check but it can be long on some machines.

And if you just installed the game, it's likely there is a file check to see if you're up to date. And you can't bypass it as far as I know.

*points at Lemming's post*

This. Also, here's a direct link to the tech support forum, which is very good. A lot of times players will answer a technical question like this before the developers can.

http://boards.cityofvillains.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=technical

Short answer: I've never experienced anything like what you are, so I can't guess. It's got to be some reason on your local system (moved/renamed some files? resource issue like not enough memory? etc.) I downloaded my game and I had no problems logging on, but it's been so long no that I can't remember if there was a full file scan or not.

Just cross-linking Super Pheemy's ARC thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72400

and reposting my arcs here:

Check out @killershrike

I've got three up currently:

Along Came A Spider: #41839 A Rogue Arachnos Tarrantula Queen needs help. She has gotten word from friends still on the inside at Arachnos that the entire Warburg schism is in fact an elaborate plot engineered by Lord Recluse himself to provide cover for something even more sinister.

She needs someone to penetrate an Arachnos base to get some evidence of this, a data disk alleged to have proof on it. Misadventures ensue, starting with contact with a freelancer called Hannibal and his Alpha Team (Big T, Faze, Mur-doc, and a mercenary army of Soldiers), and culminating with an attack on a up and comer in Arachnos the thug known as Pulverizer, and going out with a bang with a really big battle between Arachnos and a custom group, complete with four custom Arachnos bosses.

5 missions. It's a pretty challenging arc, particularly if you are set on higher difficulties. Two of the missions require quite a bit of fighting, and all require at least some. Melee types do well, more squishy types might have a problem. One of the bosses in the third mission has high Willpower and will get back up if he spawns as a Boss and is very tough due to Rise To the Challenge; if you are lower level he'll spawn as a Lt however and lose the self rez. Also, you only have to defeat him once to check off the mission requirement so feel free to avoid him after he stands up if you can't put him down twice.

Note, there are a couple of other "Along Came A Spider"'s up at this point; check the author or arcid to make sure you have the right one.

Robotyx Incorporated: #31345 A new high-tech organization based out of St. Martial is expanding into Atlas City. Seemingly unrelated attacks on various tech oriented criminal organizations have been occurring in the Rogue Isles and Paragon City, carried out by a variety of highly advanced robots. Positron doesn't think its a coincidence and he wants you to look into the matter for him.

You face off with the dangerous Shock-bots, Blitz-bots, Volta-bots, Cadre-bots, and Enforcer-bots in various venues discovering more clues as you go along, culminating in a set piece battle with a new Arch-villain Robotyx itself.

This is a very tough arc, maybe too tough (I've toned it down several times already). A lot of the bots are Electric / Electric combos (different variations), so END sapping is prevalent and a few mezs as well. Its best faced by groups.

The Manimals of Dr. Morrow: #53411 Freakish man-animal hybrids are snatching people off the streets, and Manticore is requesting your help to save them. That accomplished he tells you about a dangerous scientist, Dr. Birgitte Morrow, who was working on a supersoldier program splicing human with animal DNA for the gov but took her research rogue when the gov pulled her budget due to lack of results.

She hired thugs to snatch unmissables off the streets; homeless people and dregs, and carried out experiments. The results are manimals; though these hybrids do gain advantages from the animal DNA spliced onto them they suffer reduced intelligence and impulse control. Morrow trains them like attack dogs and uses them to further her obsession.

Now armed with a small army of bestial servants and hired thugs she has grown more bold, and is very dangerous.

Along the way you'll meet a couple of other heroes Manticore is tasking to help out on different aspects of the efforts against Dr. Morrow, the icy Hypothermic and the scrappy RE-ZA; they can help you in the final battle against Dr. Morrow if you like (and its advised; Dr. Morrow is an elite boss rather than a AV, but she's a Thugs Mastermind (Extreme) with a Debuff secondary, and she also calls for reinforcements as her health falls -- very dangerous fight).

If you try to fight your way through the missions this is a very tough arc, particularly the second mission, but if you concentrate on the mission objectives and skip misc mobs its not as tough. This is mostly a straight up lethal / smashing threat, but one of the types of Manimals, a bat hybrid, is sonic / sonic.

The Thugs are all Lt level Thugs Masterminds with various secondaries, so keep an eye on them.

I have just published my first arc. Well, it's just one mish, really.

#149910.

New in Town.

by @Hero Gojira

It's a starting mission for new villains. Give it a whirl. It's pretty simple but hopefully fun and different for new villains.

I have just published my first arc. Well, it's just one mish, really.

#149910.

New in Town.

by @Hero Gojira

It's a starting mission for new villains. Give it a whirl. It's pretty simple but hopefully fun and different for new villains.

Does it matter what server I'm on, or do AE missions (which this is, right?) apply to all servers?

I'm pretty sure AE is all servers' date=' which is why missions are tied you your global. I haven't tested this explicitly yet though.[/quote']

All servers. I've even worked on my arcs after switching servers. It just doesn't matter.

Almost anything besides Freedom seems fine. Servers at the bottom of the list are more heavily populated. Servers at the top are less so, so gauge accordingly. The first server in the list is whichever one you last logged into, so discount that.

I've got something on each server, but yea, something has been going on with Freedom since pre-14. Virtue is pretty crowded, but seems stable.

I do most stuff on Justice, but Guardian, Infinity, and Champion get play. And I want to get back to my chars on Victory.

Just got a trial account (it expires on April 24th) and was wondering if someone would contact me privately and tell me how the heck to play this game, much less use the Mission Architect.

I tried a Blaster and got through the tutorial just fine, but I never found the trainer for level 2. This made me woefully unprepared for the first mission I was given and I ended up getting killed by some street thugs. I was, of course, teleported back to the hospital and resurrected, but I'm wondering what I have to do to, among other things, make the camera do what I want it to and to find that skill trainer -- The pointer I thought went to her went to another contact instead.

Just got a trial account (it expires on April 24th) and was wondering if someone would contact me privately and tell me how the heck to play this game, much less use the Mission Architect.

I tried a Blaster and got through the tutorial just fine, but I never found the trainer for level 2. This made me woefully unprepared for the first mission I was given and I ended up getting killed by some street thugs. I was, of course, teleported back to the hospital and resurrected, but I'm wondering what I have to do to, among other things, make the camera do what I want it to and to find that skill trainer -- The pointer I thought went to her went to another contact instead.

I had a little difficulty at first as well. On the map view, you can zoom in & out with the controlbar on the right side of the map window. Zoom in a bit and look for a white circle with a little green man symbol -- that's the trainer. Not all maps have one, but many do.

What do you want the camera to do? You can zoom in so that it's effectively first person -- you don't see any of your character (toon)-- or you can pull back so you are looking over/past your toon, making it like 3rd person view. I didn't have to change anything in the options->keymapping to make the scroll wheel on my mouse do this. Holding down the right mouse button allows you to move the camera around with greater control than using keypresses (like the arrow keys).

Triumph is pretty good. Less Farming' date=' but the AE Missions are occupying many of them at the moment. ;)[/quote']

It's kind of like that quote, that the holodeck would be the last invention ever made, as everyone would play in the holodeck instead of real life (and yes, I know how ironic it is to talk of that about a virtual reality sim inside a MMORPG).

The good news is that the game is running without difficulties on my nigh-antiquated computer.

The bad news is that I keep getting ambuished by gangbangers who are faster than I am and gang up on me in groups. These are quite far away from my current mission site, but they're everywhere with no way to avoid them and are usually one to three levels higher than I am (I currently am stuck at Level 2), with the result that I'm spending a lot of time in the hospital.

At least I was able to find the trainer to GET to Level 2. Last time, on a different server, I couldn't.

As a result, I don't feel especially super at the moment.