City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Hmm. Blinkies are next to CoT batteries again. great. I've been on the boards killing some time assuming I'd get a GM to help me out since the battery interrupts any clicking. And it's the last thing that is stopping me from finishing the mission. Grrrr. Two hours later.

Checked out Warburg with Super Vixen. Due to the hour of the morning, hardly anyone was there. Four heroes. Well, Three. I don't count Police Drone 1K. He tried snatching my scientist from me. He was a lvl 33 eng blaster. After exchanging a couple shots, I phased shifted and was going to Blaze, but he ran off at that point.

I got the rest of the codes and now Super Vixen has a Nuke. Not sure what to do with it, maybe make a planter.

Wow. That is a nasty one. Normally, they're at least far enough away that there is some place where you can stand and successfully click them. No GM response for two hours? Ouch - that's more than worth the effort of simply restarting the mission and hoping that they have moved.

Kara ended up with the biological missile (regen and end rec) after surviving a controller trying to gank her. Had to flee to survive, damn toggle dropping nonesense isn't needed thanks to stripping away Kara's resists and defense with I5 and ED! :mad:

Had to return to get third code, got the missile for PVE, and a shivan. Now Kara stands retired for now. I am a corrupter pissed at how my tank is rendered useless! :mad:

Wow. That is a nasty one. Normally' date=' they're at least far enough away that there is [b']some[/b] place where you can stand and successfully click them. No GM response for two hours? Ouch - that's more than worth the effort of simply restarting the mission and hoping that they have moved.

Actually, she stood for three hours when I gave up. I would of given up earlier, but I was able to do some other stuff such as check the Hero boards.

It was an odd time, which is the only reason I'm not pissed. And normally I would just said screw it and restarted the mission, but I got thru this one by the skin of my teeth. Four fights at me at a sliver of health and one of only things that saved me was diving into a green crystal after my Instant Heal wore off. Damn I5 changes. With ED, they could of left off the mass decrease in defensive capabilities. I like ED, I still don't like what they did with I5.

---

And I'll probably be hunting down the other missiles after I respec my chars that want to do that sort of thing. Super Vixen needs tuning, Calico needs a full overhaul.

---

And I don't like the decrease in influence for prestige. At 50, I couldn't care less. My toons from 30-47, care a lot about it. Looks like I'll have to run my 50s just to generate the influence to keep the others running.

34 is the level SG Mode totally replaces Influence for Prestige. :( Also, some SG Badges that unlock base items require Sidekicking and Healing SG Members. That totally excludes this solo player and her individual SGs. :(

At 1.5 Million Prestige for a full PVE base, plus 1% "rent" tax on total Prestige value every two weeks, none of my toons will be able to add a Control Room, Power Room, Teleport Room, Medical Room, and Workshop Room. :(

After earning the SG TP Beacon Badges by revisiting all Exploration Badges again (this time in SG Mode), my toons will exit SG Mode and save for Influence/Infamy. The base costs are far too high for solo SGs, and it will require many active SG members questing for Prestige to be able to afford a full PVE base. I will just be content with my 1 room, and collect the Beacon Badges for when and if costs are lowered or Prestige is made much more available.

Just started a Dark/Dark Corrupter and was able to get her name in English! :D Dark Maiden instead of Nacht Madchen! :D Always did love Dark/Dark Offenders, and now I can play a toon with that flexibility and more OOMPH! :D

I agree that the costs of these bases are WAY too expensive. Hopefully this will be addressed in future downloads. I can't see how a group with less than 30 members playing for Prestige all the time could get a PVP base.

Strange, everybody tells me to meet the cop once and then go back to KR for the 6-10 level missions. Certainly Kings Row doesn't require you to march through over a mile of territory filled with Igneous and other monsters 5+ levels higher than you to reach your mission, like The Hollows does.

JG

Yeah, the Hollows is a pain. I'll meet the cop and accept the missions, but if they are pretty far away, I'll go back to KR and work on gaining a couple levels first.

The main advantage to the Hollows is that, since most people seem to be ignoring Perez nowadays, PCSAR & other healing groups patrol the Hollows. Heck, if my main toon isn't doing missions, I tend to camp out in the Hollows, providing TP, healing and rez services to low level heroes.

The main advantage to the Hollows is that' date=' since most people seem to be ignoring Perez nowadays, PCSAR & other healing groups patrol the Hollows. Heck, if my main toon isn't doing missions, I tend to camp out in the Hollows, providing TP, healing and rez services to low level heroes.[/quote']

I think it was in The Hollows that I first began to recognize what the Taxibots do to help others, and that impressed me. This was in I4 with Kara before Invuln was gutted, and I had a very difficult time staying alive there as Tanker defenses start off so weak (and I shudder to think how much harder it is now for a solo Tanker to advance in the early game). While I never needed to use the Taxibots' services, their selflessness impressed me. I "adopted" the Taxibot that was active that day, offering to help him level up via my missions. I also make a point of sending active Taxibots a thank you for helping others when I see them broadcast.

Perhaps one day I might make one up myself. :) Selfless Corrupters? Stranger things have happened (such as having a Tankers' worst enemy be Statesman and his nerf bat).

Well, we'll see. I could go the taxi-route, though--but BrotherDragon is more of a flyer than a TP'er. (Admittedly, he would also like to use his "forest ghost" abilities to TP the City Hall, but I think the policebots can see through Stealth/Concealemnt powers. :rolleyes: )

Regardless, is there a forum SG already made? I can work towards one if no one wants to do it.

I actually got to make up my first "Good Girl" on the villain side, Siege. The power sets work a lot better for the Hero version I have planned so I remade one of my characters on the villain side. She is a Psychic/Psychic. Hope I7 and not I8 comes with the Mission where you can trade your Hero for Villains and Vice Versa. Electric Marshal is still a Hero because there is no Electric Power Sets in the Villains side.

Okay' date=' hit 10th, ran to the happy registar office and put out a supergroup for us. If you want to join, it's the Black Book Society, with the same colors/symbol from the Heroes SG.[/quote']

YOu didn't call it Eurostar?

Okay' date=' hit 10th, ran to the happy registar office and put out a supergroup for us. If you want to join, it's the Black Book Society, with the same colors/symbol from the Heroes SG.[/quote']

You mean the Hero System SG? In CoH I was the one who came up with the 'Vitruvian' symbol to represent the HERO System logo and then Gary Ciaramella founded the group. Is it based on that?

JG

Night Maiden (Dark/Dark Corrupter) hit 11 herself and set up Soloists. Now with a SG named SOLOists, why do people still see my out and about blasting and then ask me to team?

Well, at least they are asking. People in CoV are much better about asking if I would like to team instead of just sending blind invites. :D

I like my 1 room, just a shame that solo I will never be able to flesh out a full PVE base due to prestige costs and amount earned. I plan to play in SG mode until 24, then exit it as 24 seems to be the level when prestige begins to lower the amount of Infamy that I get. Now to figure out the deal with the ghost traps in FT Hades...

Do I just aggro ghosts, fly over the walls, stand on a trap, and kill? I understand that summons a level 15 boss ghost, and I have trouble at 11 with the Arachnos guards when I badge hunt at the FT. Well, I have trouble now, 5 more bars and I will resume owning them and their sheer numbers. :D I can take out 3 easy, as per Statesman's vision.

Oh, Statesman finally officially spelled out the I6 tankers' role in PVE, and we are not happy. The tanker's role is to use superior aggro management to take on as many foes as they can in a team, leaving hopefully only 3 foes for each remaining teammate. The teammates are to quickly take out their 3 each and then IMMEDIATELY save the tanker by taking out the tanker's foes. He said Tankers are NOT expected to take out more than 3 foes themselves safely, merely TEMPORARILY hold as much aggro as possible and hope their friends come save them. :mad:

In his "proper" play example, Statesman took a 32 Invuln/Fire tanker, SKed it to 49, and explained how he took up 1/3 of the total spawn aggro for his full party, and then was taken down to 1/3 of his health before his teammates could save him. He said that was exactly how it should be. Go to the CoH/CoV Dev board's Dev Digest and look for his comment.

We pointed out that ANY other hero AT can BETTER benefit a team than a tanker can. A party would be better off with another controller, blasters, scrapper, or defender in that slot. We also have a Broadsword/Invuln scrapper offer to show Statesman how to really tank in CoH, explaining that Broadsword's parry makes them a much better "tank" than any tanker as things stand now.

No rebuttal yet from Statesman yet, so let me recap. Tankers now are left with no team role (aggro is no good if you can't survive it), severely reduced primary powers (much lower resists and defenses and mez resistance), no inherent in PVP, taunt dropped to 50% chance of working in PVP, and are subject to toggle dropping in PVP shutting off most of their primary powers. They are the only AT whose primary power set is negated by brawl, Energy Melee, and controller/defender powers in PVP. In PVP a tanker spends their time reactivating their defensive toggles, only to find themselves destroyed by unresistable damage, toggle drops, and much lower mez resistance. In PVE, we can still solo up to 3, cannot stand up to even the weak Envoy of Shadow A/V without relying on Unstoppable's 3 minute timer (and deadly crash), and are expected to die if our teammates are not quick in dispatching their leftover foes and then coming to your aid.

I think it is safe to say Statesman hates Tankers, and that one should roll a scrapper if they like melee in CoH. I will be playing a Corrupter now as a result. The I5/I6 gutting of my tanker has left a foul taste in my mouth for playing melee toons that rely on toggled defenses. I may dust off my brute and scrapper, but my tanker is on hold at 42, and will now considering midding and PLing to 50. :(

Here is a link to Statesman's exact post on the current Tanker role. http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Tanker&Number=4029046&bodyprev=#Post4029046

Superior Aggro Management only. Basically just a big bag of hit points designed to soak an alpha and hope the friends come to my rescue. Wow. No thank you. Send in the Phantom Army or someone's pet instead. :mad:

We pointed out that ANY other hero AT can BETTER benefit a team than a tanker can. A party would be better off with another controller, blasters, scrapper, or defender in that slot. We also have a Broadsword/Invuln scrapper offer to show Statesman how to really tank in CoH, explaining that Broadsword's parry makes them a much better "tank" than any tanker as things stand now.

Well, if you want somebody who can aggro but not survive it, try a Blaster. Or a Brute...

Superior Aggro Management only. Basically just a big bag of hit points designed to soak an alpha and hope the friends come to my rescue. Wow. No thank you. Send in the Phantom Army or someone's pet instead. :mad:

Well, when you put it that way, yeah. Once a Controller-type gets pets, he doesn't need meat shields. Sorta like D&D....

JG

I am a Corrupter now, exploring MMs and Dominators in my spare time (when I am not SCOURGING). I want something that can survive its aggro, and these 3 ATs can indeed do that.

With tankers, honestly speaking as a tanker in CoH, there is now no point to playing one. When a tanker has to pick and choose which minions to aggro in order to survive the damage, they are not protecting the team from the rest, nor from bosses, nor from LTs.

Further, with Invuln and Statesman saying he is just fine with that play example, he neglects to mention that he is about to reduce the Invincibility defense bonus to 1/3 of its current values, as he has stated that the Live values are too high and will be reduced to 1.5% def per melee mob. Assuming he received a 42% Def bonus from his melee foes, he can expect to have only 14% in the same example when he makes the change on the Live servers.

Manchine, roll and Invuln tanker and let me know if you feel useful for the team in the post 30 game. When you hit 40, only then come tell me how you feel about the AT and whether you think it contributes anything useful to a team.

In the meantime, I am a Corrupter. :mad:

The main reason I use Invulnerability is to avoid getting knocked over by enemy attacks or paralyzed by Psionics (not even Break Free will protect you from Knockback). Some of this I'm not too familiar with as I have yet to get a character over 32nd level.

JG