City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Oh' date=' and tonight, Spooky Kid, my newest character joined the RPG.net Supergroup for Halloween characters on Triumph, and won an Atlas Park contest for Ugliest Costume. :D[/quote']

I think I rescued you from Hellions in Galaxy City last week they were taking your purse! :D

Now that the NDA is lifted mere days after I entered the Beta, I just want to say that I LOVE COV!!!!!

Especially Masterminds and Brutes! Brutes just feel mighty, and Masterminds have their own private army! Pure bliss!

For the record, according to the Devs scrappers are still the damage kings, and will have a higher base damage to their attack than brutes. When brutes are at their max cap at 850% damage and scrappers are at their max of 500% damage, the scrapper will still barely edge brutes out. That being said, brutes feel MIGHTY! And brutes can SMASH!!!

With Masterminds, Robots for the early win, Zombies for my favorite, and the Bush Administration can just make a Mastermind toon named Donald Rumsfield who takes Mercenary/Traps to blow up his own henchmen named US Army Soldier 1-3.

Overall, I like most of the CoV ATs, but not Stalkers. They strike me as weak scrappers, and their stealth is not all that. Yes, they can easily one hit kill a mastermind and others, but I'd rather play an AT that can consistantly do the damage. While the balancing is pretty good, and none of the ATs strike me as too powerful compared to CoH, I love the freshness of the new ATs and I love Mastermind most of all. It lets me tank again. :D

Now that the NDA is lifted mere days after I entered the Beta, I just want to say that I LOVE COV!!!!!

Especially Masterminds and Brutes! Brutes just feel mighty, and Masterminds have their own private army! Pure bliss!

For the record, according to the Devs scrappers are still the damage kings, and will have a higher base damage to their attack than brutes. When brutes are at their max cap at 850% damage and scrappers are at their max of 500% damage, the scrapper will still barely edge brutes out. That being said, brutes feel MIGHTY! And brutes can SMASH!!!

With Masterminds, Robots for the early win, Zombies for my favorite, and the Bush Administration can just make a Mastermind toon named Donald Rumsfield who takes Mercenary/Traps to blow up his own henchmen named US Army Soldier 1-3.

Overall, I like most of the CoV ATs, but not Stalkers. They strike me as weak scrappers, and their stealth is not all that. Yes, they can easily one hit kill a mastermind and others, but I'd rather play an AT that can consistantly do the damage. While the balancing is pretty good, and none of the ATs strike me as too powerful compared to CoH, I love the freshness of the new ATs and I love Mastermind most of all. It lets me tank again. :D

Don't get to used to it, I am sure states is just drooling at the thought of waiting a little bit then nerfing the heck out of brutes.

Brutes already were nerfed. Fury used to allow even higher damage, and was cut back. Their defense is equal to scrappers, so each and every defense/resistance hit has affected them. Their damage is somewhere between scrapper and tanker, and it is hard to keep fury up. That being said, they FEEL mighty, and that's what is important to me. That's why I loved Superstrength.

Brutes already were nerfed. Fury used to allow even higher damage' date=' and was cut back. Their defense is equal to scrappers, so each and every defense/resistance hit has affected them. Their damage is somewhere between scrapper and tanker, and it is hard to keep fury up. That being said, they FEEL mighty, and that's what is important to me. That's why I loved Superstrength.[/quote']

Thats all that matters, I ended up canceling the game cause it no longer felt fun to me, no consistancy.

I was invited to be a beta tester for CoV as well, but because the test window closed so early by PST time, I only got a chance to get in like 4 times for less than an hour each time.

The little taste I got was fun, but basically the same as CoH. Pets are much better however.

You can play right now. Servers are up for the FilePlanet Stress Test' date=' and our beta accounts are working through it. Been working on a robot/traps MM. Can't sleep, so tempted to level her up to 10 (she's 6 now).[/quote']

Cant play this weekend Im afraid; bringing a system up for on site testing for Apple's OE this weekend. Gotta be ready rock by monday morning...

I still need to do that TF someday. I want the Witch's Hat. :D

Only done two so far, the Freakshow TV TF, and the Eden Trial. Soloed most of the Synapse one in I4, but I abandoned it once I hit 20. Knew I couldn't take CW King down on my own after everyone bailed on me.

That was the pickup group that made me decide I should just solo.

I still need to do that TF someday. I want the Witch's Hat. :D

Only done two so far, the Freakshow TV TF, and the Eden Trial. Soloed most of the Synapse one in I4, but I abandoned it once I hit 20. Knew I couldn't take CW King down on my own after everyone bailed on me.

That was the pickup group that made me decide I should just solo.

Yeah... Task Forces are overrated in my opinion. But if you can get one that's quick, and has goodies, like this one, they're cool.

JG

Been playing CoV to try out the ATs, and I stand impressed at the balance. I also see how weak my tanker is in comparison to every single CoV AT save maybe Mastermind (if I ignore the pets and rush the MM).

I am having a surprising amount of success with a Rad/Rad Corruptor. She's based on my offender Rad/Rad Defender, and is very fun to play. I can heal myself, debuff foes, buff self, and blast quickly (Neutrino set to auto).

I also found Plant/Thorn Dominator very fun to play. Holds and assault. Nice!

Brutes don't impress me much. Just a scrapper gimped by a fast decaying buff meter. By attacking foes often, they can effectively gaurantee triple damage, but it is hard to sustain Fury. Scrappers do more damage with the same attacks and will get crits. A Brute at 850% buff cap will be slightly outdamaged by a scrapper at 500% cap, and the scrapper cap is much easier to reach. Overall, fun to play, fast paced, but I find scrappers superior.

Stalkers are not for me. Very fun class, but my PC is a bit too slow. Build in Stealth, scrapper power sets, lower hps, but great at assassinating. Not my speed, but I do see their potential.

Masterminds ROCK! :D Love them! Low damage from pets, but I can support pets and a team, have ranged attacks, and the pets can take alpha strikes and concentrate attacks. I understand from level 26 on the full 6 pet compliment (including tier 3 pet, the only one that stays at your level) is very nice and can deal sufficient damage. I love this class, but I play it as a tanker who supports her own private army. It's a great tactical AT, and fun to play with. I can make the pets say whatever I want, make them use the emotes, and can use the "/e boombox" emote on self while they attack. I love them!

Overall, I don't think I have a real favorite. I really love playing with Masterminds, love the control and damage of the Dominators, the "in your face" pace of the Brutes, and how Corrupters are Offenders with more damage. I haven't clicked with any of them yet, but my Rad/Rad Corrupter is my current focus. She is followed by my Robot/Trap MM and my Necro/Dark MM.

I hope the villains can use my heroes' Powerslide, and getting them to 50 in I1 will count towards unlocking Kheldians.

Stalkers are made for PvP combat. I am already seeing that. I have gone in a few PVP battles and stalkers are king when they get there strike off. The only one I haven't played to much is the Dominators. I have my Brute and Mastermind which are 20+. I have a stalker that just shy of getting into the PvP area. He is only level 13. My main character when CoV goes live will be a Corruptor. I only barely played with it. I really don't want to see how it plays. I just don't like how the Dominator feels. So I haven't played that one to much.

All in all I like it but there will be some balancing after CoV goes live. No where near the scale that CoH had.

do you need both CoH and CoV to play or can you play with just CoV???

If you want to play just villains Then you can just buy CoV. It will allow you to play the Villains side. Of course for 20-30 bucks you can get CoH and play Both sides for the same price.

Masterminds ROCK! :D Love them! Low damage from pets, but I can support pets and a team, have ranged attacks, and the pets can take alpha strikes and concentrate attacks. I understand from level 26 on the full 6 pet compliment (including tier 3 pet, the only one that stays at your level) is very nice and can deal sufficient damage. I love this class, but I play it as a tanker who supports her own private army. It's a great tactical AT, and fun to play with. I can make the pets say whatever I want, make them use the emotes, and can use the "/e boombox" emote on self while they attack. I love them!

I haven't gotten my MM past 10, but already I can tell that I love the AT. OTOH, I've been playing a Controller for some time, and a MM is soooo much easier - the pet tools for a MM are far superior. My main concern with the MM is that, unless my power level takes a huge dive relative to foes in the teens or 20's, it's just too easy to play. I died once (on purpose), but other than that, I haven't found anything at my level (or minions 2 above, lts one above) that I can't take without a problem. I'm sure that if you don't know pet management, it can be a steep learning curve, but it just seems too. . . easy.

OTOH, a MM without pets is a free kill for almost anyone. :eek:

Masterminds are about to appear a whole lot weaker Garou, at least until you get your tier 3 pet. ;) Problem is that the damage they do appears static, so it counts less and less, and they drop in level as more pets of that tier can be summoned. Your tier 3 pet stays at your level, but the tiers below will be below your slightly. That is affecting the damage they deal, ACC, and damage taken as you seek to take down reds and oranges. Do not dispair, your 6 pets are collectively strong, and you can sacrifice a tier 1 pet to take an alpha strike. Just realize you will feel a bit weak until 26, and then all will be well.

Playing around with Corrupters now (sorry Dominators, I will get to you soon and have a Plant/Thorn created to play) and I have noticed something disturbing with regard to Rad/Rad Corrupters. I have a Rad/Rad Defender slotted the same way (Offender actually) and the Defender actually does more damage with her Secondary than the Corrupter does with that powerset as a Primary. Also, the Defender's buffs/debuffs/heals are superior. Corrupters are listed as High Damage, Defenders are listed as Medium Damage, yet my Defender's damage is superior with equal slotting and level. If it wasn't for Scourge, my Corrupter could never pull ahead.

Trying a Rad/Kin Corrupter build now. Idea is to boost my Radiation through Kinetics. I really think all Corrupter damage Primary Sets taken from Defender Secondary Sets should have a higher base damage than the Defenders to justify labeling them as High Damage. So far, the Medium Damage Dominators seems to be on par with Corrupters in terms of damage until Scourge kicks in. :(