City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I've done that on CoH before, and put myself right out of contacts. My problem was that I could do missions, except I had outleveled all my contacts. I was already gaining XP too quickly - a bump in difficulty would have made it worse.

I still want to know why the Vampyre mission from the guy with the grudge against the council is so bad. Sure, I had to sacrifice a couple robots to get him, but I did the mission solo. He never got really close to killing me.

I notice when I do a lot of teaming, I wind up doing other people's missions (probably because I never start a team and therefore am not the leader), so I wind up with tons of experience without clearing missions.

Oddly, I hadn't been teaming my CoV primary villain at all until 16th. But my secondary character that I only play with my real life gaming group stayed pretty much on the same pace, regardless of all the extra missions I ran that were not mine. I have no explanation for this.

I notice when I do a lot of teaming, I wind up doing other people's missions (probably because I never start a team and therefore am not the leader), so I wind up with tons of experience without clearing missions.

Oddly, I hadn't been teaming my CoV primary villain at all until 16th. But my secondary character that I only play with my real life gaming group stayed pretty much on the same pace, regardless of all the extra missions I ran that were not mine. I have no explanation for this.

One cool thing I notice about CoV (Hopefully it applies in CoH Issue 6 as well) is that if you join on someone else's mission which is identical to one in your queue, you can get credit for doing that mission, and thus "advance" on your contact's mission arc. So just keep a certain number of contact missions ready to go, and offer to team.

JG

Guest Suleyman Rashid

In City of Villains, is anyone else having a problem with their keymapping being nulled out when you zone into a new area?

In City of Villains' date=' is anyone else having a problem with their keymapping being nulled out when you zone into a new area?[/quote']

I did on a new toon, hit the CoV/CoH forums, and learned the last patch had introduced a bug. They intend to fix that ASAP. It would also reset when I would level up with an Arbiter. The main board forum has a workaround to try.

It only seems to affect newer characters, my older ones are fine.

laggy as all get out...takes 5 minutes to enter a new area.. but fear my ninja Mastermind evilness! Oh that's fun. I also really like the Brick. I made Durak for the CKC group and when I can find them we'll get it on!

Whoever reaches a high enough level to create Eurostar first do so. Then we can try and coordinate schedules to join up.

Tim "Feuermacher" Statler

Since the monthly price to play both is a flat $15, think of it as paying $50 to get...

Bases (for heroes or villains)

5 New Archetypes that have some similarity to heroic archetypes, but don't match up exactly (which is nice)

New zones and missions

PVP zones

Since I haven't played CoH since CoV went live, I have no idea if they ported the new building interrior textures to CoH or not, but some of them are way better than the same old familiar stuff you see over and over in CoH. The interrior maps are still deja-vu, but the textures are better.

And now a few words on PVP...

I wasn't sure I was going to like this. But I figure, what the heck, I'll go out there with a friend and look around. Well, if you're actually trying to do the "Shivan" mission, yer screwed unless you have lots of villains because heroes will wait until you are weakened by the island's guns then pick you off.

On the upside, my Stalker was cloaked and out there with a friend. Anytime a hero came up to him and tried to attack him, I was all over them with the sneak attack (which can be just plain nasty!)

And the "Danger Sense" power allows me to see through most invisibility. So this hero is stalking my friend while invis'd and I'm stalking her because she can't see me but I can see her. It was actually pretty funny.

"Now she's circling around. I think she's waiting to see if you summon more pets. Stop there a second and do the kneeling emote, I'll bet she'll attack you because she thinks you're trying to recover."

Heh. It's fun to be evil sometimes.

There is a fair amount of repetition, but the newspaper missions can offer some variety, The Radio is my favorite contact that is just unique with awesome missions, and the new zones are awesomely designed!

Just one word of caution, if you love Superspeed, start considering another travel power. ;)

I like robbing banks, kidnapping, beating up on former heroes, stealing new items someone might be interested in, doing missions to get on Arachnos' good side, etc. :D So much goodness! Plus, see Blues' post above.

My favorite plot so far is the one where you try to convince the young hero that the Legacy Chain (good guys) are repsonsible for death of a relative, thus severing her ties to them. It's fun! I hope she turns up as a villain later in the plotlines.

And the "mook" missions where you pick up Pitbull as a helper and then later when you get to fight him. Those are fun.

Radio

Radioooooo

Radioooooooooo Free Opportunity!

Radio gives you a chance to give new heroes something to do as they start their Paragon City careers. AND Radio gives you a chance to get to the top of the good guy's attention span. :D

I apparently just finished off the Radio Free Opportunity. Stupid Spymaster mission. I ask, what good are web granades and caltrops when they can't prevent a bad guy from running? Once he took off for the exit, I never hit him again, nor did my minions. We shot, often, but nothing tagged him.

If you capture him, do you get more RFO missions? Or does the arc end there regardless of the outcome?

I haven't gotten that far yet. Karen Lokidittir is just now starting the List arch (Night Maiden did it earlier) and I can't find the time to play during my work week's long hours. Will play more after work tomorrow when I start my weekend. :D

So far, letting foes get away seems to break mission archs. :( I am hoping to use Tar Patch to prevent that (and am dreading the Wretch arch).

I apparently just finished off the Radio Free Opportunity. Stupid Spymaster mission. I ask, what good are web granades and caltrops when they can't prevent a bad guy from running? Once he took off for the exit, I never hit him again, nor did my minions. We shot, often, but nothing tagged him.

If you capture him, do you get more RFO missions? Or does the arc end there regardless of the outcome?

I have done it both ways and both ways at that point in time there doesnt seem to be that many missions left. Although I think if you capture him there is 1 extra mission.