City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

May Queen (Plant/Thorn Dominator) is 19th

Secret Asian Man (Stalker) is 14th

Mr. Glee (Corruptor) is 6th

Like CoH, leveling seems pretty quick to me until about 12th. Once you can smell those movement powers two levels away, everything grinds to a halt. I've learned to combat that by teaming up more.

May Queen (Plant/Thorn Dominator) is 19th

Secret Asian Man (Stalker) is 14th

Mr. Glee (Corruptor) is 6th

Like CoH, leveling seems pretty quick to me until about 12th. Once you can smell those movement powers two levels away, everything grinds to a halt. I've learned to combat that by teaming up more.

Where is everyone playing?

All my characters are on Champion.

My handle is @Psilancer

My heros are: American Atlas, Psilancer, and Arc-Angel (and 2 others I hardly play)

My Villians are: El Diablo Rojo, and Feuermacher (waiting to Join Eurostar)

Only Psilancer and Arc-Angel are on teams so far.

I have a hero SG on Freedom called the Defenders (Battlestar, Masked Marvel & Thunderstorm)

On Champion server, I have all villains (Doctor Destroyer, Professor Muerte, Mentala, Shamrock, Crimson Dreadnaught). I could be persuaded to start a hero on Champion if there's a board team.

My globalchat ID is Battlestar1

While playing COV this morning, the flavor text as I entered a door mission.

"The long walk to get here made you angry.

People don't like you when you're angry.

People don't especially like you when you are happy either."

I love the flavor text on CoV missions. :D

JG

So villains play the same servers as heroes? gotcha. Okay' date=' I should be getting COV this week. I'll see if I can get Durak online and go stomping with you heroites.[/quote']

Yes. You use the same character slots (I think they give you 4 more than you had). The characters play in the Rogue Isles, but if you are brave/foolhardy/homocidal enough, you can go into one of the several zones that connect Paragon City and the Rogue Isles and you can duke it out (PvP) with the heroes.

I am on Champion, with backup toons on Justice.

@SvZurich Global

Champion Heroes:

Kara Lokison (was my Supergirl, now on the shelf due to I5 and I6 making tankers nearly useless, Invuln/SS Tanker)

Skadi Thiassi (the Norse Goddess of Winter and The Hunt, Ice/Ice Blaster)

Sinmora (wife/female self of the Norse Fire Giant ruler Surt(Surtor), Fire/Fire Blaster)

Reality Shifter (Rebecca Lokison, Grav/Kin Controller)

Hela Lokison (DM/DA Scrapper)

Rachel Lokison (Illusion/Rad Controller)

Champion Villains:

Karen Lokidittir (means daughter of Loki, Kara's cousin, Necro/Dark Mastermind)

Tina Rutgers (Robot/Dark Mastermind)

Kimmie (representing me and how pissed I can get, DA/Fire Brute)

Thistle Briar (Plant/Thorn Dominator)

Zumie (remake of my Justice Defender/Offender, Rad/Rad Corrupter)

Night Maiden (remake of another Justice Offender, Dark/Dark Corrupter)

I just found a major glitch in CoV, and I suspect that it exists in CoH as well, though not as badly. I've outleveled almost all of my initial contacts, except one. Normally this would not be a problem, as they would have introduced me to new contacts. Instead, I get to do newspaper missions, and stuff for the broker, and that's pretty much it. How did it happen? Pretty easily - there's no debt from levels 5-10. The random deaths I suffered in getting to the various mission sites usually kept me from advancing too quickly, but that debt cushion is gone.

It's not yet as bad as a case I had in CoH, where a brick had one contact available at level 14-15. One. I had my choice of street hunting, joining teams, or my one contact.

I wasn't doing a lot of street hunting with my villain, and I'm not even sure that there is a mission slider for CoV yet. It just frustrates me to see my options closing very, very quickly, with contacts to whom I have just been introduced saying "Sorry, kid. I can't help you anymore."

There is a mission Slider. Around arena and where Mongoose use to be at in beta on mercy. In CoH I only had a problem (Before Hollows) with running out of missions during the mid teens levels. Then during the Late 30's level.

Only time I ran out of missions During CoV was when I hit level 25 and I had all level 26 contacts.

"Sorry Kid. I cant help you anymore." Sounds like you outleveled your contant or finished all his missions. By the way you have to do more Newspaper Missions to get more Contacts. Your Broker will give you another Contact if you do 5 newspaper missions. There are 3 Contacts you get from yoru Brooker.

Yep, I have all three contacts. One I can still do missions on (and it looks like I have one left, according to a site that listed story arcs). The other two initial ones are left in the dust, having never done a mission for them. If I had used a mission slider, it would be worse - I'd now be level 12 or 13, and my one current contact would be gone as well.

So, it's looking like Techno-Bill will have to team, since he won't have any missions for quite some time, after this next one.

11, almost halfway to 12. Billie Heck was just introduced (3rd contact from Drea), and won't help, and I hadn't been to Bocor yet, but supposedly he is a 5-10 as well. That leaves me Vendetti, the Paper, and Drea every once in a while. (I do find it odd that the three are all listed as 5-10, since most of my villains are 6, almost 7 when they go to Port Oakes, and I do very little street hunting other than what is needed for missions.)

Bocor gave me nothing (as I suspected), but did introduce me to Radio, so I have at least an alternative to the paper. I just don't recall having it common in the lower levels of CoH to have only 1-2 choices other than street sweeping. (It happened sometimes in the pre-Hollow days, but not since. . . )

Garou, you will LOVE The Radio!

Radiooo

Radioooooo Free Opportunity!!!

Ahem. I LOVE the Radio! Both mission sets were fun, exciting, and actually made me feel like a proper villain! Radio, I love you!

Plus it knows all the latest grooves!

Do Boccur on your alts. His missions rock also! :D Want a temp pet? 5 use zombie goodness!

Boccur has just one set, where you claim a book and you get the pet early in that arch.

Boccur sent my Night Maiden to The Radio!

Radio

Radioooooo

Radioooooooooo Free Opportunity!

Radio gives you a chance to give new heroes something to do as they start their Paragon City careers. AND Radio gives you a chance to get to the top of the good guy's attention span. :D