City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I haven't gotten that far yet. Karen Lokidittir is just now starting the List arch (Night Maiden did it earlier) and I can't find the time to play during my work week's long hours. Will play more after work tomorrow when I start my weekend. :D

So far, letting foes get away seems to break mission archs. :( I am hoping to use Tar Patch to prevent that (and am dreading the Wretch arch).

Hopefully tar patch works better than Caltrops and Web grenades. Those had no effect - he didn't even slow down over the Caltrops (though he did take that massive point or two of damage).

Bosses are notoriously hard to stop because they shrug off most immobilize and hold powers.

My plant/thorn dominator had no problem stopping someone like Professor Echo from escaping, even though he was a boss, because once I kick in the "Dominate" power to boost my attacks, I can hold almost anything using Strangle.

My stalker, however, working in a team, chased him to an elevator where he escaped; Here I was hoping he had to run all the way out of the building to get away, but guess not; He just needs to reach the elevators.

By the way, don't know about the Spymaster, but in the case of Professor Echo, I think you get another shot at him later.

And my second character (who has a team) is on the plot that ends with an appearance by Ghost Widow. My last character finished the mission without fighting her, since I was solo. Gotta decide with this one if I want to take on an arch-villain. Should be interesting.

The List arc is undoubtly fun. I need more Wyvern Trick Arrows salvage for The Black Book Society's lair. :D Just remember, if you're on Viscious like me (Ninja/Poison MM,) you'll have a tough time with the Fiancier mission right after that arc. Trust me.

But ramping up the toughness to Viscious keeps you on your toes quite nicely--traveling between missions can be a bit boring. ("Monkey King Cloud powers, ACTIVATE!" *zips off using the Prestige Slide* :D )

A further note... BrotherDragon was inspired partly by the concept of Dr. Wu and his Four Sons. :D

Don't forget to in-game e-mail BrotherDragon if you want into the non-Eurostar baord SG, it's pretty lonely...

Not to worry ya, but on a server crash I've had it roll me back as far as 5 minutes. I know this because I leveled once, went to the trainer, trained, went out and was fighting the first thing I found on the streets to test out my powers, the server then went down, and when I came back I was back at the previous level.

That's not to say it didn't save your mission. Just that it's a crapshoot, depending on the last time the server saved your character's information. I don't know how it determines that.

The mission I had finished when the server crashed was okay, so Tim might be okay. I had another fun filled evening of new contacts that give no missions and 'bots that don't actually attack my target on "Aggressive/Attack my Target" commands.

Toss in some very low responses (ie, none) for more people to join my SG*, and it was not a fun night.

* Bases are a kewl idea, but you need a lot of people to afford a base. You need a base to attract a lot of people. Until I earn the additional 300k prestige to have more than one room, it's not going to go well.

I have 15 different people in my VG and we will probable have a fully working base in about a week. I have about 4 people that have gotten +30k. 5 people with +15k in prestige. The rest less then 10k. Right now people are now starting to slow down. People are begining to move back to the Hero Side, Play alts and such. To get the BASICs of a base it costs this much.

100k control room *

- 150k mainframe (+50 control) *

- 105k database (+50 control)

100k power room *

- 225k generator (+1000 power) *

150k infirmary

- 10k respawn tube (-10 control I think)

100k Workshop

- 25k basic table (-10 control)

- 50k advanced table (-25 control)

150k Teleport Room *

- 15k teleport pad (-25 control)

- 10k beacon (-5 control)

Total: 1,025,000p

Upkeep Approx: 9300p per week

* mean already got.

Teen Anthem lives in a rundown tenament I figure, but the best I could do was to construct a place using the warehouse textures.

May Queen has a room filled with all sorts of potted plants.

But that's it. Haven't really had time to fool with the generator. When I'm on, I'd rather play.

I have 15 different people in my VG and we will probable have a fully working base in about a week. I have about 4 people that have gotten +30k. 5 people with +15k in prestige. The rest less then 10k. Right now people are now starting to slow down. People are begining to move back to the Hero Side, Play alts and such. To get the BASICs of a base it costs this much.

You can get by with a bit less, but not much. So, since I have 5 people, I have a total of 100k, plus the 60k or so that has been earned, of which, I account for about 50%.

When I logged out tonight, we had enough for the control room (nothing in it), and about 62k beyond that. If I am dilligent, and can get another 5 people, it can work - but it's getting the people started that's the pain.

100k control room *

- 150k mainframe (+50 control) *

- 105k database (+50 control)

100k power room *

- 225k generator (+1000 power) *

150k infirmary

- 10k respawn tube (-10 control I think)

100k Workshop

- 25k basic table (-10 control)

- 50k advanced table (-25 control)

150k Teleport Room *

- 15k teleport pad (-25 control)

Total: 1,025,000p

Upkeep Approx: 9300p per week

* mean already got.

Keep checking the boards. There's a major flaw in the base system right now. Some purchased items are vanishing without a trace. For my Vg it's been the beacons. We've bought 5 of them and they're all gone now. We're still waiting for the GMs to either refund the mission prestige or return the beacons.

But you're looking good otherwise. I love the beacon system by the way. It's probably saved me an hour of playtime in travel time. We're going to get one setup for our CoH group. No more transitting between Green and Yellow Line zones.

Archon

Keep checking the boards. There's a major flaw in the base system right now. Some purchased items are vanishing without a trace. For my Vg it's been the beacons. We've bought 5 of them and they're all gone now. We're still waiting for the GMs to either refund the mission prestige or return the beacons.

But you're looking good otherwise. I love the beacon system by the way. It's probably saved me an hour of playtime in travel time. We're going to get one setup for our CoH group. No more transitting between Green and Yellow Line zones.

Archon

Sure you're not getting raided?

(Still not familiar with how the base system works)

JG

(snip)

That was a weird experience...I wasn't paying attention, so didn't realize what thread I was in (just going through e-mail subscriptions), and so I started reading this thinking it was about HERO! I was like, "huh - what do you mean purchased items are vanishing, what are you talking about, is this HERO Designer.." then I realized.

Sure you're not getting raided?

(Still not familiar with how the base system works)

JG

There are certain special requirements to meet to be raided. We've deliberately not met them yet because we're not much into PvP. So no, we're not being raided.

But the disappearance of items has happened 3 times so far. Also, the Bug board has had numerous reports of the same problem.

Archon

Archon

I at least want the TP pad so we can TP straight to missions. Which will also save a lot of travel time. There is also a bug someplace else. I am adding up the points to everyone in the SG and everything I have bought and they don't add up. Its a good 120k the VG is off by. So there is also a bug someplace else. I know other people have talked about it.

You can get by with a bit less' date=' but not much. So, since I have 5 people, I have a total of 100k, plus the 60k or so that has been earned, of which, I account for about 50%[/quote']

Yeah I have an alt in the VG and put togethor they have about +50k in prestige.

So far nothing of ours have been "LOST". So I am happy.

There are certain special requirements to meet to be raided. We've deliberately not met them yet because we're not much into PvP. So no, we're not being raided.

But the disappearance of items has happened 3 times so far. Also, the Bug board has had numerous reports of the same problem.

Archon

Speaking of PvP, I just sent my highest level villain (Lady Jaded and her ninja henchmen) in to Bloody Bay and attempted the 'get ore from 6 meteors around the map' mission. With Stealthy, I actually managed to get around most of the threats and killed some monsters for XP. Unfortunately after getting 5 of 6 I ran afoul of a Hero team at least 10 levels higher than me that could see me just fine... and when you get killed by players it doesn't give you debt, but they do get to take your meteorites.

I need to do this with a real team....

JG

Mike, I deleted my En/EM blaster to make room for villains, but this is her ED compliant respec build. Hopefully it will give you some good ideas for I6 to modify for your style.

Exported from version 1.5B of CoH Planner

http://joechott.com/coh

Archetype: Blaster

Primary Powers - Ranged : Energy Blast

Secondary Powers - Support : Energy Manipulation

01 : Power Thrust acc(01)

01 : Power Bolt acc(01) recred(3) endred(5) dam(5) dam(7) dam(7)

02 : Power Blast acc(02) recred(9) endred(9) dam(11) dam(11) dam(3)

04 : Build Up recred(04) recred(13) recred(29)

06 : Hover fltspd(06) fltspd(45) fltspd(45)

08 : Sniper Blast acc(08) inttim(15) inttim(17) dam(17) dam(19) dam(19)

10 : Hurdle jmp(10)

12 : Bone Smasher acc(12) recred(21) endred(21) dam(23) dam(23) dam(13)

14 : Fly fltspd(14) fltspd(25) fltspd(15) endred(33)

16 : Conserve Power recred(16) recred(27) recred(29)

18 : Health hel(18)

20 : Stamina endrec(20) endrec(31) endrec(33)

22 : Hasten recred(22) recred(34) recred(36)

24 : Energy Torrent acc(24) endred(25) recred(43) dam(31) dam(43) dam(43)

26 : Aim recred(26) recred(27) recred(42)

28 : Power Boost recred(28) recred(37) recred(34)

30 : Explosive Blast acc(30) recred(33) endred(31) dam(34) dam(36) dam(36)

32 : Nova acc(32) recred(37) recred(37) dam(39) dam(39) dam(39)

35 : Power Push rng(35)

38 : Total Focus acc(38) endred(40) recred(40) dam(40) dam(42) dam(42)

41 : Repulsion Field endred(41) endred(46) endred(46)

44 : Temporary Invulnerability damres(44) damres(45) damres(46)

47 : Force of Nature damres(47) damres(48) damres(48) recred(48) recred(50) recred(50)

49 : Boost Range recred(49) recred(50)

-------------------------------------------

01 : Brawl enhancement(01)

01 : Sprint enhancement(01)

02 : Rest enhancement(02)

Kimmie, huge fan of matching power sets.

Over on Guardian I was getting disgusted with the Heroes in Bloody Bay. We had teams of heroes camping on top of the villian base.

Found out the best way to deal with it, was to make yourself a target semi-nearish a drone. Hero comes in a little close, *ZORCH*. You die by hero, no debt. They die by drone, debt. Of course they patched that so that you don't get debt by drones now, but I knocked off 10 heroes that way... :eg:

Patrol missions seem to be a good way to go. They're feasible and you can ignore the flocks of heroes.

Stalker observations to date in PVP...

Danger Sense is AWESOME. The fact that you can see someone who thinks they're invisible is great, and VERY champions like. You can stalk someone untl they're totally vulnerable then nail them.

AOE Is the best way to find stalkers. A hero targets an area and the damage expsoses the hidden stalker.

Stalkers are good when hereos have the numerical advantage. Otherwise the heroes often hit and retreat and the stalker doesn't have time to deliver the ol' backstab.

If I follow my friend, a MasterMind, around, he gets followed by heroes, then when they engage him, I wait and deliver a nasty sneak attack. Unfortunately, I miss probably over half the time with that mauever in PVP. I don't know why. Might be the other people's level of defense.