City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Masterminds are about to appear a whole lot weaker Garou, at least until you get your tier 3 pet. ;) Problem is that the damage they do appears static, so it counts less and less, and they drop in level as more pets of that tier can be summoned. Your tier 3 pet stays at your level, but the tiers below will be below your slightly. That is affecting the damage they deal, ACC, and damage taken as you seek to take down reds and oranges. Do not dispair, your 6 pets are collectively strong, and you can sacrifice a tier 1 pet to take an alpha strike. Just realize you will feel a bit weak until 26, and then all will be well.

It could be that I am looking at it from a 'troller perspective, where I am used to dealing out D:MoT (aka minor over time), and so a MM looks so much better. I hope to gain a couple levels on the MM in the next couple days - I missed the bump, when disappointed me. I wanted to try a mid-level MM without all the work. ;)

Took part in the Siren's Call event just to see what the various chars did at 25.

Couldn't do much in PvP, way too laggy. So me and Chromatic ran a couple missions.

Masterminds do very well. Didn't get to try out the Dominator & Brute I had lined up.

I've got a fire/fire Dominator, a fire/dark Brute, a Agent/Trap MM, and a plant/thorn Dominator that I'll be working on when things go live.

Once live, I will be working on a Plant/Thorn Dominator, Dark/Dark Brute (comparing to my Dark/Dark Scrapper), Rad/Rad Corrupter (comparing to my Rad/Rad Offender), Robot/Traps MM, and Necro/Dark MM. I have no plans to make Stalkers, I do not like the class at all. Stalkers are neat, but too fragile and reliant on hiding for their crits. Give me a scrapper any day over them.

EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS RIGHT?

Hello fellow Villains!

Here is a basic guide to setting up your CoV pre-order account.

Important: The City of Villains beta sever is not the same as the game server. To begin the head start, you must download the new CoV Updater. If you’ve already entered in your pre-order serial code, we will provide you with a link to the downloader soon. We will announce the link here so keep your eye on Announcements.

If you already have City of Heroes and want to ADD City of Villains to the same account:

- Go to your PlayNC account where you should UPGRADE your existing City of Heroes account with your pre-order serial code.

- Before the head start on the 29th, launch City of Heroes from your Desktop or Start Menu. This will update the proper files for both games. At 12:01 AM EST on the 29th, launch City of Heroes, enter the Character Creation Screen, select an empty character slot and you will be given the choice to create a hero or a villain.

- Select villain and you will be ready to play City of Villains!

- On the 31st, pick up your purchased copy of City of Villains. Return to your PlayNC account and again UPGRADE your existing account immediately with your new purchased copy serial code.

NOTE: You do not need to install City of Villains from the Retail Box.

- That’s it, you are now ready to enter City of Villains and City of Heroes!

If you do NOT already have City of Heroes:

- Go to PlayNC and create a new account.

- Add a new game and enter in your pre-order serial code.

- Once you enter your serial code, you will receive instructions about how to download and install the game. (If you’ve already entered your serial code and did not receive this information, we will announce the download location here soon!).

- On the 31st, pick up your purchased copy of City of Villains. Return to your PlayNC account and ACTIVATE your existing CoV pre-order account immediately with your new purchased copy serial code.

- That’s it, you are now ready to enter City of Villains!

If you have City of Heroes but want to create a SEPARATE City of Villains account:

- Go to your PlayNC account and ADD a new game.

- Enter in your pre-order serial code (IMPORTANT NOTE: If you create separate City of Heroes and City of Villains accounts you will have to pay for them separately and will not be able to take advantage of combined City of Heroes and City of Villains pricing).

- Once you enter your serial code, you will receive instructions about how to download and install the game. (If you’ve already entered your serial code and did not receive this information, we will announce the download location here soon!).

- On the 31st, pick up your purchased copy of City of Villains. Return to your PlayNC account and ACTIVATE your existing CoV pre-order account immediately with your new purchased copy serial code.

- That’s it, you are now ready to enter City of Villains!

~Awry

This is for the Prerelease. Where did you set up your account at? If you already have CoH you should do it this way.

If you already have City of Heroes and want to ADD City of Villains to the same account:

- Go to your PlayNC account where you should UPGRADE your existing City of Heroes account with your pre-order serial code.

- Before the head start on the 29th, launch City of Heroes from your Desktop or Start Menu. This will update the proper files for both games. At 12:01 AM EST on the 29th, launch City of Heroes, enter the Character Creation Screen, select an empty character slot and you will be given the choice to create a hero or a villain.

- Select villain and you will be ready to play City of Villains!

- On the 31st, pick up your purchased copy of City of Villains. Return to your PlayNC account and again UPGRADE your existing account immediately with your new purchased copy serial code.

NOTE: You do not need to install City of Villains from the Retail Box.

- That’s it, you are now ready to enter City of Villains and City of Heroes!

I just played CoV for the first time tonight. It's awesome. I am mightily impressed, and all of the new features that have been added have renewed my original zest for the game.

I would like to personally thank David "Zeb" Cook (Lord Recluse) for all of his amazing design contributions to the game: Brilliant.

~ Mister E

Oh Yeah: ... and look for Doctor Vang on the Justice server. =)

I'm just hoping that Warburg gets a lot less laggy. There's no skill involved in killing a lagged, petless controller - it's kind of like taking your level 40 toon into Atlas and wasting skulls. Sure, you can do it, but you're not proving anything.

I made 5 villains and had a blast! One is even based on how I feel, my DM/Fire Brute Kimmie.

Took Kara into the PVP zones to get a Shivan and the missile temp power. Died to a CoT Agony Mage while looking for a Bloody Bay badge, but got my Shivan. Siren's Cove went just fine as I collected exploration badges. Then came Warburg...

Neat place! I had a blast soloing my way through the Nest. While about to turn in my 3rd scientist to get the last code, a Fire/Rad controller decided to try and gank my poor Invuln/SS tanker.

Caught by surprise, I defended myself and told her I don't care for PVP. She kept attacking. Best I could manage was taking 25% of her life out and killing her first set of imps and 1 of the second set. She dropped my toggles, and I had to fire Dull Pain and Unstoppable. Pissed me off to have a "hero" attack me. Told her she was annoying me, and flew straight up and away. Rested at the tanker, went back to the nest, got third code, final launch code, and fired my missile. Now I have my temp pet.

Invuln, while hardy, is even weaker than I thought. Kara is on the shelf until further notice. Time to play my Rad/Rad Corrupter and sterilize those who annoy me, like that controller. :mad: Dead controllers microwaved to a crisp... :D:thumbup::king:

You know whats funny. I made up Photon. He was suppose to be spelled Fhoton because someone took the name Photon. Well I decide to just check it again and BLAME I got Photon. Well about 20 minutes later playing. I get a tell saying I took his name. When he deleted his character and waited SO long to remake him as an evil character he didnt think anyone would take him. Well I did. Its my character. I was upset I didnt get the name when Beta ended for CoH. I could only pick one and it was Manchine.

Now of course if he didn't start off by swearing at me. I "might" of thought of giving the name back but thats a different story. I mean you don't start off flaming the guy that you want something from. LOL

Made my first venture into a PVP area in CoH. Didn't encounter any player Hostile fire, but then I was just running to and from a mission.

Made my first villain in CoV. Plant/Thorn Dominator is kinda fun so far. I like the "Breakout" idea to start you off. So far, so good.

I'll need to take my team leader into CoH later and see if I can make a base (it we have enough points or whatever).

You have enough points for the SG Base's entry room and to decorate it. It's free, just talk to the SG guy. See, for each SG member up to 15, you get 20,000 prestige. Even solo SGs get 20,000. If any members leave the SG and drop you below 15 members, you will lose the 20,000 bonus for each of those members who drops you below 15.

Basically, even a solo SG can get a room and decorate it nicely. Kara really wants more bedding options than a cot, would love to see a stove and microwave, would love to be able to stack a phone on her desk or coffee table, and to interact with her "apartment". As it is, she has a huge plasma display for her TV, couch, coffee table, executive chair with a table for light reading (no laz-E-boy recliner option), cot, stereo, AV system, server, executive desk with PC and chair, sink, 3 trees, 2 potted plants, 2 paintings, 2 posters, and 1 dry erase billboard. I also installed 4 lamps for the corners, raised the ceilings to max height, set the lighting to various intensities of purple, tech decor, and still have over 30,000 prestige and space left.

I doubt I will ever afford the 1.5 million to build a basic PVE base (control room, energy room, medical bay, teleport room, and workshop room), but I can get my own comfy "apartment" (real apartments are on the Dev's To-Do list) for free.

From testing, SG Mode stops earning you Influence/Infamy at level 34. If you don't have a benefactor to buy you enhancements, inspirations, and costume upgrades, you will have to exit SG Mode to earn "money".

Has anyone made the Conquerors' date=' Killer & Crooks Villain SG on the Champion Server yet? I would love to get a guy on that team. If no one has it when I get a char to Lvl 10, I'll grab it up.[/quote']

That's a damn good idea. :D

Think I will aim for solo SG myself, same as my tanker has. See, on my own, I can't see me gaining 1.5 million prestige to get a full PVE base. As a solo player, I can easily get my free entry room and decorate to my heart's content.

My tanker set one corner up as an office, her cot is next to it, near her desk, huge Plasma TV with couch and coffee table, executive chair with table by it for reading (no Laz-E-Boy options, nor better beds), 3 trees, 2 potted plants, 2 maps of the world, 2 paintings, one dry erase billboards, etc. Very nice place with lights in the 4 corners, purple lighting, and comfy with high ceilings for flying.

I see the same for my Corrupter. Zumie is out to sterilize those who annoy her. She was my Offender pushed over the edge by "RU Healer" and "Heal PLZ". Rad/Rad for the win, she will spread/cure cancer while sterilizing all! I adore her! :)

I made up two more character really quick, before I had to leave for work. (STUPID DOWN TIME!) Both names I was surprised to get. First one was Power Claw. Thats not that bad and not that common. Then I went for my Brute and I put in the name TANK. I got it. Ok That I was surprised about.

Now I just need to make up Marksmen a Corruptor, Chainz another brute and I need to make a HERO named Electric Marshal since they dont have any Eletric Powers for Villains. Hopefully in Issue 7 or 8 we will be allowed to transfer our heroes over to the villains side.

Anyone want to help make the team Eurostar on Champs server? I'll take Fuermacher. (I have to wait for my delux ed to come in so I can install it' date=' but it should be in this week.[/quote']

Aw, that would be too sweet. Too bad I didn't hear about this earlier.

JG

OK, I was able to get Mentala (one L) I also got Professor Muerte, Tachyon & Foxbat (all on Champion server). I don't think I would have time to play them all, so if someone wants one, lemme know and we can arrange a time when you can make the char and I can delete it.

OK' date=' I was able to get Mentala (one L) I also got Professor Muerte, Tachyon & Foxbat (all on Champion server). I don't think I would have time to play them all, so if someone wants one, lemme know and we can arrange a time when you can make the char and I can delete it.[/quote']

could you reserve Fuermacher for me please?

And try Skorpia, and Fiacho.

And I don't see why Shamrock couldn't join Eurostar. Afterall, He's been aboandoned by the IRA as they have gone peaceful.