Calling all Mages...

Magmarock

Hey all, I need a definitive list of all the spellcasting heroes, villains and organizations that exist in the Champions Universe, past present and future. I need spellcasters only, not magically enhanced or enchanted beings. Magical foci are ok, so long as the character casts spells too.

The game I am starting this weekend will involve every spellcaster to some degree, so the quicker the better.

After my game is well on its way, I will post a synopsis of my plot just in case anyone wants to use it. :)

So far, I have:

Aquarius (Zodiac)

Arcane

Arcane, The (Alien Enemies-extraterrestrial mindflayeresque wizards)

Archmage, The (currently, there isn't one)

Archimago (the arch-lich)

Arkelos (example from FReD)

Azor (Ancient Mutant- The Blood & Dr McQuark)

Black Druid

Black Enchantress

Black Paladin

Blackfire II (Villain, Brotherhood of the Crimson Shadow- Enemies For Hire)

Bloodletter, The (Blood sorcerer- The Blood & Dr McQuark)

Bloodstone

Capricorn (Zodiac)

Circe (Daughter of Hecate- Olympians)

Circle of the Scarlet Moon (led by The Coven, 13 strong)

Cult of the Red Banner

Dark Enchantress (Coriolis Effect-mentally ill dark sorceress)

Dark Seraph

D.E.M.O.N (Morbanes, Inner and Outer Circles-Classic Organizations, Target Hero)

Demonicus Rex & his Demon Lords (Invasions:Target Earth)

Devil's Advocates, The (Demonologist, Golem, Granny Hex, Brother Bone, Apollonius and Maze)

Dimitrios, Vincent (Mystic Masters)

Doberman, The (Immortal- Golden Age Champions)

Dr. Arcane (and his daughter, also Dr. Arcane)

Dr. Black (Mystical Super from U.N.T.I.L)

Dr. Ka

Dr. Samaine

Dr. White (Mystical Super from U.N.T.I.L)

Dr Wraith (To serve and protect-Super Mage)

Dr. Yin Wu

Dragon Queen, The (Dragon in human, works with VIPER)

Duke, The (Reformed Sorcerer from WWII, Leads The Redeemers- Allies)

Dweomer (from Ireland)

Ebonfire (Street Vigilante & Magician in The Circle & METE)

Eclipse

Extreme Prejudice (Assassin, Brotherhood of the Crimson Shadow- Enemies For Hire)

Father Elk (Wiseman of Beast Mountain)

Force

Gemini (Zodiac)

Geomancer (M.A.C.E)

Gyeroy Vedun (Russian mystic superhero) [VIPER: COTS]

Hag (The Shapeshifters)

Hecate (Goddess of Magic- Olympians)

Heirophant, The (WWII Opportunistic Mage- Champions Presents)

High Apostolic Church, The (unknown number)

Jaguar Priests of The Valley of Night (in Peru)

Jarth (Alien- Mystic Masters)

Kabbalah (Israeli sorcerer with golem- Enemies:the International File)

Kings of Edom, The (Lovecraftian space gods)

Koriel (Ex-Priestess of the Church, water magic spells- Atlantis)

Li Chun the Destroyer (Taoist demon-wizard)

Lord Thorne (Sorcerer, Founder of DEMON- Demons Rule)

Madame Blue (Sorceress, member of Viper Force 2 (VIPER, 4th Ed)

Madame Zalla (Russian Witch, Subterrans- Invaders From Below)

Magnificent Dragon/Shinyu (Japanese sorceress- Golden Age Champions)

Magnum Mage, The (aka Robert Caliburn)

Masque, The (Heroic WWII era Sorcerer- Champions Presents)

Master, The (Founder of The Circle & METE) Trismegistus Council?

Master Jomo (Mystic Masters)

Merlin (downloaded consciousness into computer at Lyoness)

Monks of Agharti, The (unknown number, evil counterparts to the Shamballah)

Monks of Shamballah, The (nine strong , hidden in the Himalayas)

Morgaine aka Morgana (Arther's sister & mother of Mordred)

Morjok (Exiled from the Twilight Realms- Challenges for Champions)

Mother Janet aka Janet Misperton (formerly of the white coven)

Naga (Ninamar, of COIL)

Oni no Miza (Japanese Supervillain, Leads Yooso/the Elements- Ninja Hero)

Pierce, Megan (Elemental Witch & member of The Circle & METE)

Ravenspeaker, Haida Shaman (Vancouver, Canada) [CU]

Revered Elder, The (Deceased, formerly Archmage of Earth- Mystic Masters)

Sacrifice, The (aka Pete Marsh)

Saladin the Great (Golden Age Champions)

Samhain

Solitaire (Sorceress Superhero, Champions- Champions 4th Ed) [CU]

Storm, Gossamer

Svargali (Gypsy Magician- Wings of the Valkyrie)

Takofanes, The Undying Lord

Talisman

Tel'sren (High Priestess of the Church of the Elements- Atlantis)

Temblor (was Earthaster in 4th, I believe)

Trismegistus Council, The (three dozen strong as of 2002)

Tyrannon:The Tyrant of A Thousand Forms

Undying Tulku, The (former Archmage- Mystic Masters)

Vandaleurs, The

Vril Society, The (The Ultimate Mentalist, The Ultimate Supermage)

Warlock (Supervillain with the Furies- Enemies Assemble)

Wintershade (The Nightwatch)

Witchcraft

Witness, The

Wizard, The (Morgalis, demonic sorcerer-Demons Rule)

Zorran the Artificor

Zuvembie (Haitian Zombie and Voodoo Master- Enemies:the International File)

I'm thinking about coming up with a few of my own, too. Possible names:

Ancient, The (Like The Witness, very old sage)

Athame (Combat witch with daggers)

Blood-Moon (Uses blood magic and transformations)

Cantrip

Dark Cauldron (Creates potions usable by others)

Eldar Mystik (Dimensional witch)

Grey Ritual (A magician well versed in ritual magics)

Halloween (A goofy, stereotypical witch, yet very dangerous)

Lady Goth (A gothic, vampire-like witch)

Lore (A knowledgeable nystic with minor, past-only clairsentience)

Necromancer, The ('Nuff said)

Oracle, The (Future clairsentience and water based magic)

Pentacle (Practitioner of circle magic and demonology)

Raven (A shaman that communicates with ravens and crows)

Rune (Runic and stone based magic)

Scroll (A mystic who can create magical writing in thin air, and scroll magic)

Shadow Winder (A teleport-through-shadows spellcaster)

Silence (A mystic in a permenant shroud of silence)

Tome-master (A spell caster who works directly from his powerful tome)

Treacle (a mystic who heals and can cure poisons)

Voodoo (Voodoo mystic)

White Witch (A powerful mystic who only deals in non-destructive magics)

Wicked (The opposite of the White Witch... very evil and destructive)

Wrath (A chaos based mystic)

So, any and all assistance will be accepted!

Thanks in advance,

Mags

Re: Calling all Mages...

Of the top of my head:

Haida Shaman Ravenspeaker (Vancouver, Canada) [CU]

Ravenspeaker I remembered because , well I'm from Canada, and I always pay attention to Canadian Superheroes.:D

Gyeroy I remembered because he made the top ten most wanted list of VIPER. The reason for this is:

"Because turning a VIPER attack squad into a pack of newts is wrong." :rofl:

(I know someone has that as a signature on these boards.)

Gyeroy I remembered because he made the top ten most wanted list of VIPER. The reason for this is:

LOL! Nothing wrong with turning Windshield-wiper agents into newts! Nothing wrong with that at all.

Thank you for your reply. I'll add them to my list. :)

Mags

I want to help but I need a little more specification. So you want anyone with "Magic" as the special effects for their powers (like Solitaire)? Or do they have to have powers that require Gestures and/or Incantations (like Black Druid from European Enemies), making them more spell-ish?

By the way, is there a write-up for Arkelos (from example fame) anywhere in the literature?

Of the top of my head:

Haida Shaman Ravenspeaker (Vancouver, Canada) [CU]

Ravenspeaker I remembered because , well I'm from Canada, and I always pay attention to Canadian Superheroes.:D

That would be me.

)The Vandaleurs:Founded by an immortal sensualist and explorer,this clan of powerful mages first appeared in Mystic Masters but is apparently coming back in either the Ultimate Mystic or the Mystic World.

Tyrannon:The Tyrant of A Thousand Forms (really just 988) will reappear in the 5e Champions Universe! While he mainly relies upon his powerful innate abilities,he can also draw upon his terrified worshippers mystic energies to cast virtually any spell imaginable.

Do you only want current 5th ed. canon characters, or are you going for a more inclusive 'all editions' approach? Some of the characters on your list predate the current CU, and I'm not sure they've all been mentioned in the new edition yet.

If you're taking previous editions characters, there's a bunch in Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies (from 4th ed.). The ones that spring to mind are:

the Devil's Advocates (Demonologist, Golem, Granny Hex, Brother Bone, Apollonius and Maze, IIRC).

I want to help but I need a little more specification. So you want anyone with "Magic" as the special effects for their powers (like Solitaire)? Or do they have to have powers that require Gestures and/or Incantations (like Black Druid from European Enemies)' date=' making them more [i']spell-ish[/i]?

By the way, is there a write-up for Arkelos (from example fame) anywhere in the literature?

Good question.

I am looking only for those characters that are technically spellcasters. If the powers are only a magical special effect, I am not interested. Same thing if all their powers come from enchanted items, like The Black Paladin. So the Lemurian Constructs do not apply, nor do demons and fairies and the like. If I accidently threw one of these non-qualifiers into my list above, please forgive me because I only did a quick scan of most of these characters.

I realize there are so many ways to build a mage, so I am purposefully steering clear of meta-speak. One can cast spells without gestures and incantations, you see.

It must be in the concept of the character that they are a caster of spells, and it doesn't matter if they must consult a book, or not. In my mind, a spell is something that can be taught to another spell caster (given that the learning mage can pay the points for the spell). It should not be an innate ability.

Thanks,

Mags

Do you only want current 5th ed. canon characters, or are you going for a more inclusive 'all editions' approach? Some of the characters on your list predate the current CU, and I'm not sure they've all been mentioned in the new edition yet.

If you're taking previous editions characters, there's a bunch in Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies (from 4th ed.). The ones that spring to mind are:

the Devil's Advocates (Demonologist, Golem, Granny Hex, Brother Bone, Apollonius and Maze, IIRC).

Another good question. Any and all. Future past and present, including all editions. I'll decide later whether I'll use them or not.

My brother is going to let me borrow his Champions UK which details a bunch of the English heroes and villains. I know that Merlin is, what, a computer (or a program) now or something like it. Problem is, I won't see it until the day my game starts... so I'll have to do some fancy footwork at first.

Mags

I don't have access to Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies. But I am grateful for the names just the same. In a lot of cases, the names will be good enough, although knowing how that various independents, groups and organizations interact with each other would also be very helpfull.

Mags

Another good question. Any and all. Future past and present, including all editions. I'll decide later whether I'll use them or not.

My brother is going to let me borrow his Champions UK which details a bunch of the English heroes and villains. I know that Merlin is, what, a computer (or a program) now or something like it. Problem is, I won't see it until the day my game starts... so I'll have to do some fancy footwork at first.

Mags

The Merlin as computer thing is strictly 4th Edition Champions so you can ignore it if you wish too.

The Merlin as computer thing is strictly 4th Edition Champions so you can ignore it if you wish too.

I might. Then again, I have this feeling that Merlin is not one to be confined by time or space. Is it possible that he downloaded his mind into the computer, yes. But it could have been merely a copy/transference. Maybe he is still around?

There is still a lot of good 4th edition background information from a lot of different sources, and I don't want to toss them all out just because of a rules upgrade. Heroes and villains can be updated, too, in my opinion. :D

And lucky for me, my brother dropped 'Kingdom of Champions' off just a short while ago... Yay! Don't know why I thought it was called 'Champions: UK' though...

Cheers,

Mags

Ok. I have updated my lists with all the names volunteered so far, and with what I found in 'Kingdom of Champions'. I haven't flipped through the old 'Classic Enemies' & 'Europeon Enemies' yet, to see who all was left out on the 5th edition rebuild.

Whew... what a chore. But an interesting one, so far. ;)

Mags

UPDATE: After going through those two books, the only mages I found were Earthmaster and Nether (Switzerland). I think that Earthmaster was rebuilt as Temblor for 5th, since Earthmaster (4th Ed) wore a Crown of Krim. Originally Dark Seraph had an iron crown, but it wasn't a Crown of Krim. I like how these two NPCs were tied together and that they have a few more crowns to round out the team.

U.N.I.T. 1 is a force of super-powered beings that are organized, funded by, and answering to the United Nations Security Council. The United Nations Interdiction Team 1 is comprised of paranormal beings from various member nations. All must pass a thorough background check. Once accepted, the officers are entered into a training program. They learn life saving techniques, foreign languages, vehicle operations, and other useful skills that will help them in their duties. At the end of the program the officers are given a UNIT 1 com-badge, and sent to the Angel Island Headquarters for orientation. Each member has international police powers because UNIT 1 is a global defense team.

Current Roster of UNIT 1:

Union Jack of Great Britain

(Brick, ex-leader of The New Knights, current leader of UNIT 1)

Brief excerpts from origin timeline:

1928- Evan leaves school and finds work as a clerk in the British Museum. A Lyonesse biocomputer containing the mind of the sorceror Merlin predicts the rise of the Nazis and begins looking for a champion.

1938- Unable to join the war to fight for his country due to his physical impairments, Evan Winslow sees a trend in the Nazis collection of artifacts, and enters a personal study of magic and the occult specifically geared to the defense of Great Britain. Evan finds many similarities between Celto-Roman(British) efforts to resist the advances of the Saxons (Germans), This was the foundation of the Arthurian legend. Evan became obsessed with researching Excalibur, and the chain with two links.

1940- The World War II fully underway, Merlin (as placed in the Progenator bio-computer in Lyonesse per the 4th Ed Kingdom of Champions Sourcebook) learns of Evan's efforts and concludes that it is easier to forge the body of a champion than the mind and will. Through empathic guidance Evan is led through a portal to Lyonesse, where he is altered by sorcery, then trained in the use of his new body. The Nazis assemble a magical barrier preventing supers from entering axis lands.

1941- The Battle of Britain: a massive air war rages in the skies over Britain. Evan returns to England and rushes to the eastern shores in time to repel invaders. Evan carries a British flag into the midst of the German beachhead and British soldiers rally behind the Union Jack. The US enters the war.

1942- The Freedom Battalion invades Europe. Union Jack is severely hampered by the Nazis magic barrier and can offer no more assistance until the end of the war.

1971- The Ministry of Superhuman Affairs (MSA) creates the New Knights of the Round Table and recruits Union Jack as team leader.

1980- A romance develops between Cateran and Union Jack.

1981- Cateran is caught attempting to steal the Crown Jewels. A massive scandal revolves around the Knights. Skymaster II helps Cateran escape. Union Jack arrests Skymaster and resigns from the Knights, and The Clansman steps up as the new leader of the Knights.

1997- Union Jack enters service with the United Nations as a representative of Great Brittain and leader of UNIT 1.

Autobahn of Germany

(Speedster, current member of UNIT 1)

Origin synopsis:

Hugo VanBerg grew up in Germany. While Hugo was attending the University of Munich, a scientist named Bernard Schopher became enthralled with Hugo's amazing handle of languages and secretly gave Hugo a chemical enhancement syrum to increase Hugo's mental capabilities. In addition to increasing the speed with which he could use his mind, over a three month period, Hugo's body was permanently altered so he could travel at great speeds. After five years of developing different abilities and helping people, the German government recommended that Hugo represent the country as a member of UNIT-1.

Madox of South Africa

(Battlesuit, current member of UNIT 1)

Origin synopsis:

Rakiem Ashonis is the youngest member of UNIT 1 at 19 years of age. Always gifted, he graduated from Technikon SA with a masters in Computer Science and Physics at the age of 14.

Rakiem began working for the South African government at the age of 16 only to take over his department. Later he was moved to the special projects division of the SADA (South Africa Defense Administration). A few months later, a government-created prototype battlesuit was 'misplaced' and ended up in in Rakiem's lab. The suit was controlled by an advanced AI designated MADOX. After two years of testing, and trial and error, Rakiem learned how to control and use the suit. Rakiem began working with the special weapons group of the South African Defense Administration and offered to use his suit in part of the testing. This gave him a chance to learn how to use the suit in combat. The test crew began to refer to him as Madox while he wore the battlesuit.

Three months later, Madox was recommended to represent South Africa in UNIT 1. Madox is the newest member of the current line-up.

Over-Ride of Kuwait

(Energy Blaster/Other, current member of UNIT 1)

Origin synopsis:

Rasha Al-Mulla Al-Kalifa grew up in an extremely fortunate situation- Her family has large holdings in several oil companies. Her father, a prince of the nation, was generous and kind. He took good care of his family. Rasha was sent to the best schools for her education from early on, and was allowed to travel to the US where she attended Princton University where she graduated with honors and a BA in Psychology and Economics. In addition to her native Arabic, Rasha speaks fluid English, and basic Japanese, Korean, Armenian and Punjabi.

Rasha's reality-warping, mutant powers developed quite suddenly right after she graduated from Princeton and at first she thought she was going mad. She returned home to Kuwait and kept it a secret for a long time, before finally confiding to her mother. With help from a descreet therapist, Rasha learned to control her gift, for with a mere thought or wave of her hand, she could move herself around, or objects and other people... she could alter the form or composition of an object or person- teleports, drains, transfers and transforms all needed to be controlled carefully so she wouldn't inadvertantly hurt someone. She learned that with her powers, she could harm or heal.

But her powers could do nothing to protect her from the life her father planned had for her... for soon Rasha was to be married to a man she'd never met. Tradition! She tried to talk her father out of it but it was no use as Rasha had been promised to this man when she was still a child. Desperate, Rasha went to her mother's brother, an uncle who worked in Kuwait's Defense Ministry. She told him her secret and demonstrated her powers for him. Of course, he was duly impressed, not only because she was his niece, but because of the long dearth of Kuwait paranormals. In his mind, she was a national treasure, not someone to be locked up as some man's wife, especially if she didn't want that life.

Her uncle presented her to the Deputy Prime Minister SABAH al-Ahmad al-Jabir Al Sabah and the Kuwaiti Council of Ministers. In short order, and at her uncle's urging, they all agreed to recommend Rasha to join the UNIT 1 team under jurisdiction of the UN. Her codname is Over-Ride, for her ability to alter reality at whim.

Recently, Rasha's father had suddenly died of a heart attack, so until further notice, Rasha is on personal leave from her duties to the UN. She returned home to mourn along with her family.

• 1 month later...

UNIT 1 Package Deal

5 International police powers

2 KS. International Law.

5 Paramedics +1

8 Languages (Players Choice)

4 Transport Familiarities (Players Choice)

9 Electives

Bureaucratics

Combat Driving / Piloting

Criminology

Demolitions

High Society

Oratory

Survival

System Operation

Tactics

Sciences (Players choice)

Computer Programming

7 (10) Radio Listen & Transmit IAF (Com-Badge)

40 Subtotal

Disadvantages:

25 DNPC Group of normals 11- (UNIT 1 staff, and 8 UN Officials- Dignitaries and Diplomats w/ useful non-combat positions or skills)

10 Monitored By U N Security Council 11- (more powerful world wide)

5 Distinctive Features UNIT 1 Badge.

_0_ Total Package Cost

"Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids"

Union Jack, Autobahn, and Madox are in the UK on orders by the UN

Council. The place is Westminster Abbey, where a grand spectacle is

about to occur: the Queen will finally `knight' the New Knights.

Media from around the world are here to record this historic event or,

what others have said for years, the correction of a monstrous

oversight. Notable attendees are the British Parliament, members of

the Royal Family, UN VIPs, and Ambassadors from around the world.

The Knighting Ceremony is scheduled to start at 2 pm. Normally the

New Knights would pull this type of duty, as London is their base

city, but since they are all to be in the ceremony, UNIT 1 was

requested to handle it. The Night Watch, London's local hero team,

are also a part of the ceremony and so UNIT 1 are needed to watch for

trouble.

Our heroes arrive in London the night before, leaving their jet, the

Interdictor, at the Heathrow Airport. They stay at Union Jack's

Tudor-style home, which he's owned for over half a century. A native

of London, Union Jack is very familiar with the layout of Westminster

Abbey. The three heroes arrive early to go over the security plans.

Madox uses his suit's uplink to tap into the security grid for the

site; his assignment is to watch over all the electronic security

measures and coordinate with the Abbey's own security crew. His

physical post is outside the building so he can keep watch on any

incoming trouble. Inside the cathedral, Union Jack stands in the

center isle in the main part of the cathedral, among the wide rows of

seating. He watches as people begin to arrive, and as a hero of the

people, he is a welcome sight to the masses.

Autobahn zips here and there, searching for any sign of trouble. He

soon finds one: Madox informs Autobahn about an odd, fuzzy picture in

one of the security monitors and reports the grid number over the

radio. Autobahn goes to check it out and as he turns a corner to the

area that once held the confessionals, he sees a neon wisp of green

mist dissipating into the air. He immediately alerts the others.

Madox runs an inquiry over the satellite uplink to see if the green

mist is in the databanks back at Angel Isle. Union Jack calls the MSA

and speaks with Agent Hightower to see if they have any lead on

villains with that signature effect. Both inquiries come back

negative. After zipping around some more, Autobahn re-checks the area

and finds a small scroll floating in the air where the green mist had

been. It slowly falls toward the floor, and Autobahn catches it. The

paper is hand-made, and the calligraphy reads, "British Museum. 2:05 pm."

It is now 1:30 pm.

Autobahn tells the others over the radio, and Union Jack comes over to

read the note. Union Jack contacts Agent Hightower of the Ministry of

Superhuman Affairs (MSA) to inquire of any known superbeing with green

mist power effects, while Madox searches through the home base

databacks for the same. Madox continues monitoring the security cams

through his link with the Madox AI. Autobahn does another quick

run-thru of the area, inside and out but seeing nothing out of place

he returns to Union jack.

As they are deliberating what it means, all their beepers go off. The

text scrolling reads: "Urgent! Multiple Reports from Central

Scotland of a massive battle happening in the Highland."

Madox confirms this and informs his team mates that there is a video

of part of the fight: One witness (Shamus McBride) was able to record

a digital video of the fight before it moved quickly north, beyond his

range. The video is of members of the Crowns of Krim, who are

apparently battling each other! From the video, Force is seen

attacking Temblor, while in the background, Phoenix is seen attacking

Bloodstone and Eclipse.

Meanwhile, the UNIT 1 jet is reported as malfunctioning by their

pilot, Marco Kolbovic. Somehow, the Interdictor's computers had been

hacked into and a debilitating virus was ravaging the system. The

group must find another mode of transport for now.

Union Jack decides that the Crowns of Krim situation is more dire and

that they should go to the Highland and stop it. The mysterious note

would have to wait. The New Knights would have to police their own

ceremony. Autobahn offers to carry Union Jack and get them there in

less than 10 minutes. Madox can follow and meet them there. A quick

radio call to UNTIL Commander Blackwell confirms that troops of agents

have been dispatched to the Highland of Scotland already.

Cut to location: The Highlands of Scotland

With Autobahn carrying Union Jack, and Madox following behind at a

slower flight speed, the heroes come across the fields of recent

battle, torn up from the various blasts and or tunneling of the Crowns

of Krim. After a short yet stealthy search, they manage to sneak up

on the action. After watching the fight, it was clear that Force and

Phoenix and Temblor are attacking Eclipse and Bloodstone. As they

watch, Temblor switches sides after coming into contact with Eclipse.

When Madox arrives, UNIT 1 engages the Crowns of Krim, something that

throws off their internal struggle. At one point, Phoenix is knocked

into a hill by a grown Union Jack, and Bloodstone seems to show

concern for his teammate by going over to revive him.

At this point, Dark Seraph, leader of the Crowns of Krim arrives on

the scene, most indignant over the in-fighting of his team. UNIT 1

wisely chooses to retreat. From hiding, the heroes witness Force

advancing on Dark Seraph and they can pick out some of what Force says

to Dark Seraph, the words are "...flee... contagious.. lost!" Dark

Seraph, seeing the other Crowns of Krim quickly bearing down on them,

opens a portal and he and Force escape.

The fight over for now, UNIT 1 returns to London, this time with

Autobahn towing Madox so he doesn't lag behind.

It is now 2pm.

There is still time to follow up on the mysterious note, so they head

directly to the British Museum. A guard is locking the front door

when they arrive. When the man sees Union Jack, he opens the door.

Madox decides to wait outside, due to the bulk of his armor. The

heroes warn the guard that they were tipped that a crime was in

progress. As they move inside the front foyer, an exotic-looking

female steps out from an alcove (see picture I've loaded in the photo

section).

She holds up a hand and says, "Quiet! They are already here... do you

wish me to show you where?"

Union Jack said yes and the mystery woman abruptly teleported herself,

Autobahn and Union Jack into another room. Union Jack recalls this

exhibit area, the gallaries in this lower-level section of the museum

which hold all the archeological items from older civilizations around

the world- including the Mayan, Celtic, Viking, Egyptian, Roman and

Greek cultures.

Autobahn is the first to act, being a speedster, and he runs in just

in time to see Ultrasonique closing a pouch on his belt. He also

spots Scorpia. Union Jack flies into the room to and is promptly

attacked by Durak who does a move thru, plowing them both through a

wall into the next gallary.

A battle ensues between Unit 1 and the following members of Eurostar-

Durak, Mentalla, Scorpia and Ultrasonique. At first, the mysterious

woman seems to be on the side of UNIT 1, but then a stone-demon

Teleports in and starts to attack Scorpia and Ultrasonique. The

situation is chaotic at best. Mentalla Mind-Controls the woman to

kill the demon, and the deman fights her back. Meanwhile, Durak and

Union Jack are playing patty-cake in the next gallary. Madox arrives

just in time to stop Mentalla from escaping, while Ultrasonique tricks

the mystery-woman into Teleporting him out.

The fight is over in short order, with Durak, Scorpia and Mentalla

captured. Until is called in to mop things up and to haul away the

prisoners.

In the following hour, the captured members of Eurostar are taken to

the nearest holding facility, and Until base just north of Scotland.

All three prisoners are kept heavily sedated for the trip. The

curator of the British Museum, a Mr. Brownstone, arrived to bemoan the

damage in the gallaries and grumble about the mess. It was determined

that an amulet was stolen from the smashed case. It was the only

thing missing. Brownstone's assistant, Leanard O'Donnell, was sent to

find a picture of Item #472ZQL The carved stone setting is said to be

around 2,800 years old. No one has been able to decipher the runic

carvings of this little known find by British archeologist Herman

Slump, back in the 1973. It was found only scant meters away from

where "Pete Moss" was located. Other than proximity, there didn't

seem to be a connection between the two digs.

In the meantime, Madox learned of some other recent happenings and

relayed them to the team:

~~~

News bits from around the world sent to UNIT 1 HQ:

Ireland: A group of cultists were found dead on a hilltop in southern

Ireland. The site is one which local pagans & mystics claim to be the

nexus of a powerful `Leyline'. It is believed they were the victims

of a suicide pact. Autopsies are pending.

USA: Witchcraft, of the Champions in Millennium City, is missing.

Reported sightings of Talisman in the area, prior to the heroine's

disappearance. The Champions are asking for any leads from the public.

Egypt: Trespassers have broken into the Great Pyramid of Giza, aka

the Great Pyramid of Khufu (Cheops). The monument was built by the

Egyptian pharaoh Khufu of the Fourth Dynasty, around the year 2560 BC,

to serve as a tomb when he died. Once the break-in was discovered, a

new, secret chamber was revealed. Government officials and

archeologists are studying the site now, and no other info is forthcoming.

~~~

Union Jack checked in with Agent Hightower of the MSA, and was told

they discovered a possible ID on the mystery woman. Her name is

Arcanna and she is a "Witchhunter" and a demon slayor. Hightower

suggested they contact the Trismegistus Council for more information.

Madox finally heads out to the Heathrow Airport to work on the

Interdictor's computers. After three hours, Madox purges the system

of the chaos-causing virus and manages to track down the name of the

hacker who sent it... the hacker's ID is Merlin, but Madox loses the

trail to find where the hack originated from. He also notices an

encrypted pattern in the string of code in the virus. He sets his AI

to work on decoding the find...

Agent Hightower of MSA contacts Union Jack to tell him a woman

matching Arcanna's description was just brought in to the London

Hospital by an ambulance. She appeared to be in a coma. She was

found in an ally not far form the British Museum, collapsed between to

dumpsters. Union Jack directs Until to send a team down to the

hospital to guard her, along with a medic to sedate her, should she

appear to wake up. He warns them that Arcanna has Teleporter

capabilities.

Meanwhile, one of the many reserve heroes is brought to active status

by the UN Council: Dominis of Scotland. He is told to report to UNIT

1 in London, England immediately. Dominis arrives at Union Jack's

house and the team, now four strong, decides to take Arcanna with them

to the Until holding facility. There they will interrogate the

prisoners to find out why they stole the amulet, who hired them, and

for what purpose.

But before they leave, Union Jack wanted to consult with a local mage,

Wintershade of The Nightwatch, about the mysterious events which all

seem to be leaning toward the mystic underground. Wintershade, a

Formorian, is rather elusive so Union Jack talked with Aspen and

Earth-Brother instead, asking them if they could find Wintershade and

have him contact UNIT 1 ASAP. They agreed to do this, but the next

morning, Aspen called to tell Union Jack that Wintershade had gone

missing without notice. Both Aspen and Union Jack speculated if this

could have anything in common with Witchcraft's disappearance.

Neither had the answer.

Union Jack placed a call to The Champions of Millenium City. Defender

took the call. No, Witchcraft was still AOL. They are worried about

her, because it is not like her to up and leave without telling any of

her team-mates. Something the press doesn't know: Witchcraft had

"packed" her personal items before leaving, so The Champions didn't think it was an abduction. On the other hand, if Talisman was involved, who knows

what had happened? Both Union Jack and Defender agreed to apprise

each other, should either one discover something relevant.

To be Continued...

Dark Enchantress; Coriolis Effect-mentally ill dark sorceress

I don't have the book handy, but I believe her name was actually Black Enchantress.

And her mother was a mage, also. Ch'andarra? I can't remember the exact name.

Plus, there were a few in Enemies for Hire, I think. The only one I remember off hand was Rune.

Here's what I dug up and from where

Lord Thorne, sorcerer, holds power stolen from Xortec of the Forgotten Gods, a founder of DEMON (Demons Rule)

The Wizard (Morgalis) demonic sorcerer, works for Thorne now (Demons Rule)

Demonicus Rex & his Demon Lords (they had a system of demonic magic spells people could learn (Invasions:Target Earth)

Naga (Ninamar), daughter of Merlin & the Lady of the Lake, works for COIL (Champions Presents #2)

The Revered Elder, Archmage of Earth, health is failing fast (Mystic Masters)

Vincent Dimitrios, former disciple of the Revered Elder (Mystic Masters

Jarth,Vincent's evil alien former apprenticeand betrayer (Mystic Masters)

The Undying Tulku, former Archmage & now quite mad & senile (Mystic Masters)

Master Jomo, master magician now obsessed with the mystic secrets behind the game of Go (Mystic Masters)

Saladin the Great (Golden Age Champions)

Magnificent Dragon/Shinyu, aJapanese sorceress with a dragon form (Golden Age Champions)

The Doberman, immortal fruitcake with the mystic power of Anubis (Golden Age Champions)

The Master, founder of the Circle (the Circle & METE)

Megan Pierce, elemental witch & member of the Circle (the Circle & METE)

Ebonfire, street vigilante & magician in training with the Circle (the Circle & METE)

The Heirophant, scummy WWII opportunistic mage (Champions Presents)

The Masque, heroic WWII era sorcerer with enhancing magic mask (Champions Presents)

Madame Zalla, Russian witch trained by Baba Yaga, lives with the Subterrans (Invaders From Below)

Solitaire, well-known sorceress superhero and member of the Champions (Champions 4th Ed, Champions Universe, The Ultimate Mentalist)

The Vril Society, the trainers & hunters of Solitaire (The Ultimate Mentalist, the Ultimate Supermage)

Morjok, potent sorcere exiled here from the Twilight Realms (Challenges for Champions)

Kabbalah, Israeli sorcerer & supervillain complete with own golem (Enemies:the International File)

Zuvembie, Haitian zombie and practitioner of voodoo (Enemies:the International File)

Morbanes of DEMON, both inner and outer circles are mages of some form or other (Classic Organizations, Target Hero)

The Dragon Queen, dragon in human form with storm magic, works with VIPER (VIPER, 4th Ed)

Madame Blue, sorceress trained in the Ethereal Courts, member of Viper Force 2 (VIPER, 4th Ed)

Hecate, Goddess of Magic (Olympians)

Circe, daughter of Hecate,I've heard she's fond of turning men into animals (Olympians)

Oni no Miza, Japanese sorcerous supervillain, water specialist, leads Yooso/the Elements (Ninja Hero)

Tel'sren, High Priestess of the Church of the Elements in Atlantis (Atlantis)

Other priests of the Temple also have some magical training (Atlantis)

Koriel, vengeance driven ex-Priestess of the Church, water magic spells (Atlantis)

Azor, ancient mutant with spells of warding, defense & imprisonment (The Blood & Dr McQuark)

The Bloodletter, powerful Blood sorcerer in the body of a human, hunts the various Blood on Earth (The Blood & Dr McQuark)

Warlock, latest in line of sorcerous defenders against an ancient menace not due for another few centuries, he fills the time by playing supervillain with the Furies (Enemies Assemble)

Extreme Prejudice,mystic assassin for the Brotherhood of the Crimson Shadow (Enemies For Hire)

Blackfire II sorcerous supervillain trained by the Brotherhood of the Crimson Shadow (Enemies For Hire)

The Duke , reformed evil sorcerer from WWII, leads team of ex-villains-the Redeemers (Allies)

I'd just nudge the Revered Elder/Dimitrios stuff back a hundred years and have Dimitrios having vanished before the training and subsequent death of the Archmage in the Tungusta Explosion in the early 20th century. The Tulku & Master Jomo work just fine as is since they're both immortal & both are crazy as outhouse rats, to indulge in a colloquialism.

I can give you more info on any of these guys like actual level of power if you'd like.

Here's what I dug up and from where

SNIP

I can give you more info on any of these guys like actual level of power if you'd like.

Wow! Thanks a lot! I just may take you up on that offer...

Rep happenin' your way, guy! :D

Mags

Wow! Thanks a lot! I just may take you up on that offer...

No sweat. I have most of the Champs 4th & such within about 2 feet of the computer and it was mostly doublechecking for some of the lesser mages. I'm stunned \, however that I noticed quite so many 75+ pt VPP sorcerers in the batch. Most mages are fairly low-powered in the books but there's like a half dozen with awesome power.