Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Dalmatian.

I have always been a fan of smaller dogs myself. I absolutely love Pomeranians. I know most people complain about smaller dogs being "Yappy" but that was never really the case with most of mine; yes there was on that was, but one out of four isn't bad. They were just cute and cuddly.

La Rose

There is a common (around here) variety of mutt that I call the "Eastern Washington Flapjack Hound" or "Porcupine dog" whom I would hold up as a viable candidate for stupidest. The archetypal example was put to sleep by its owners when they decided ... after the 15th occurrence ... that they could no longer afford the vet bills associated with removal of quills from the dog after it tried to attack a porcupine.

I like the big strong dogs like Rotts and St. Bernards. The calmness of any breed is entirely the responsibility of the owners. Just ask Cesar Millan. ;)

Heh. Yes, there's that. ;)

But I'd rather have a dog who's genetically predisposed to be more calm and quiet and generally content. Expectation breeds results, and all that. ^ v ^

I think pugs look like they've spent their lives chasing parked cars.

That they do. It's part of the charm. ^ v ^

There is a common (around here) variety of mutt that I call the "Eastern Washington Flapjack Hound" or "Porcupine dog" whom I would hold up as a viable candidate for stupidest. The archetypal example was put to sleep by its owners when they decided ... after the 15th occurrence ... that they could no longer afford the vet bills associated with removal of quills from the dog after it tried to attack a porcupine.

With our dog, it was skunks. She'd get loose, chase down a skunk, get sprayed in the eyes, need to be doused in tomato juice, smell all musky and gross, then get loose again to repeat the cycle all over again. Bleh.

All the astronomers who waited to get their plane tix to come here for the semiannual American Astronomical Society meeting (which starts tomorrow) are probably distressed by the collision with the Seahawks-Cowboys playoff game tomorrow evening.

At least the meeting and the game are on opposite ends of downtown.