Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I'm talking about Justice League/Unlimited voice actors, you're talking about anime. Two different things. ;)

:)

Ah, I was talking about voice acting in general, anime is the only thing I watch regularly that has those.

So clarify: I have seen American (and Canadian) voice actors credited with more than one role in dubbed over Anime.

Snow to bring bushfire relief

Snow is forecast in bushfire-ravaged areas of Victoria for Christmas Day, in a "crazy" twist for firefighters who have been battling blazes in the alpine region for weeks.

Temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius and wind gusts of up to 100km/h are today fanning the massive bushfires which have placed dozens of communities at risk in Victoria's north, north-east and east.

But the Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) says the four-day weather forecast holds some relief for the 4600 emergency personnel who have been battling the fires and building containment lines.

"This will be the test of those (containment lines) today," DSE spokesman Duncan Pendrigh said. "But the good news is there is some rain coming, and it will be really cold on Christmas Day. Maybe even some snow, so it's crazy."

The Bureau of Meteorology confirmed it was forecasting up to 15mm of rain - the biggest rain dump this month - would follow a south-westerly change predicted to hit the state's fire-ravaged east from late today or tonight. A cold stream of air would follow the rainy change, and the bureau said it was expected to produce a light dusting of snow on Mount Buller, and other alpine peaks, on Monday, Christmas Day.

The fires, many of which have been burning since December 1, have left one man dead, destroyed more than 30 houses and burnt out 830,000 hectares of bushland.

Ah, I was talking about voice acting in general, anime is the only thing I watch regularly that has those.

So clarify: I have seen American (and Canadian) voice actors credited with more than one role in dubbed over Anime.

In in JL/JLU the voice actors only get credited with one role, usually the first one, if they voice multiple characters in the same episode.

. . . No snowless Christmas! Just got a call from my bro. He was on his way down to Umeå to fetch me for the holiday. He was just filling the car up at a gas station before heading out, when he saw some snowflakes. Ten minutes later, he daren't go on driving, because he can't see the road for all the snow . . . So I'll have to take the bus tonight. I'll be wearing the seatbelt.

There is no snow yet up here in Montreal, where we normally get heavy snow that starts in late November and stays until March, before the effects of Global Warming became so visibly apparent. A green Xmas is likely, and some of us are wondering if we'll have our first ever Green New Year's.

Meanwhile in Vancouver, which is supposed to have weather similar to Seattle (lotsa rain, almost no snow) has been dumped in a ton of snow.

Especially with all the snow...

Here in Kanab, we had a really heavy (for here) snowstorm yesterday. A lot of it's melted off now. My problem yesterday, was some of it melted, but since it was on the canyon road, it refroze by the time I drove down that way. Big sheet of ice that didn't care that I was driving in low four wheel drive. I spun into the ditch at about 10 MPH. All it did was crumple my license plate and get a bush stuck into a tow hook. A little bit of work got me back out and I was fine the rest of the way.

It's 41 here, and the weather report's calling for it to reach 60 tomorrow. Rain on Monday, a possibility of snow showers on Tuesday (but I sincerely doubt it).

Apparently my work used to rent cross-country skis, but stopped doing that when we had several consecutive years without any accumulations.