Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

My current employment contract ends on 22 December. There was mumblings about a possible extension, but I am so jaded by current events at work I have been hoping nothing would happen.

In the meantime, on the strength of an interview I had three months ago, I got an offer of a new job starting on 8 January, which I accepted. Which means (a) I escape the current mess and (B) I get to have a whole two weeks off over Xmas, which constitutes my first real holiday this century!

[i have had gaps between contracts over the years, but the job hunting and tight budgeting required during these periods took the edge of the otherwise pleasant don't-have-to-go-to-work-today factor.]

Oooh, pretty . . .

How much snow had you gotten? I noticed there's a light dusting on those roofs. (Rooves?)

also, a note. That's not a "light dusting" on the roofs. At this point those are sheets of ice. I watched a pigeon attempt to land on one last night, it was quite amusing.

also' date=' a note. That's not a "light dusting" on the roofs. At this point those are sheets of ice. I watched a pigeon attempt to land on one last night, it was quite amusing.[/quote']

:rofl: I would have loved to have seen that.

Now here's something interesting I just discovered - three of the actors in Firefly also voiced characters in Justice League Unlimited: Morena Baccarin (Inara and Black Canary), Gina Torres (Zoe and Vixen) and Nathan Fillion (Mal and Vigilante). I never picked their voices, unlike, say, Michael Rosenbaum and Michael Ironside who I identified straight away.

And another thing: Vigilante and Vixen go on a mission together, lead by Hawkgirl - "Hunter's Moon". Vigilante even flies a Javelin...

10.jpg

And Vigilante's guns are not unlike the one used by Mal:

07.jpg

I read somewhere that if the V.O. artists do multiple voices in an episode they only got credited for one (the "first") of them.

I'm reading A walk on the Nightside by Simon R. Green. I also purchased the first book in the Dresden Chronicles. Looking forward to doing a bit of reading.

Oh, I also posted a couple new poems to the NGD Poetry Corner, resurrecting that old thing. Have a look and spread the wealth.