Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Ok, I now have the first version of the PDF export done, and have run into the next snag.

I need to figure out how to control tab stops as it seems the tab character just enters 3 blank spaces.

The second problem is I need to figure out how to tell it to start a second page, and control where the bottom margin is. Otherwise it is coming along fine.

Here is what I have so far if you want to take a look at it.

I would, except I don't have HeroDesigner. :(

Haven't had a chance to think about the issues you're having in order to suggest solutions. As time permits and inspiration strikes, I'll let you know if I have any ideas.

When I hit the limit I'll probably just start a new sheet' date=' and when time for analysis comes I'll dump all the files to their own CSV files and read 'em and concatenate the data from there. I already know Excel can't do some of the stuff I really want to do anyway. For the immediate data recording and some preliminary work, however, it is convenient.[/quote']

Are you using Pivot Tables at all, or just strait graphs?

And what'd my sudden Rep spike do to your data set?

Are you using Pivot Tables at all, or just strait graphs?

And what'd my sudden Rep spike do to your data set?

I'm just recording at this point. I did those few trivial regressions (and I did those outside of Excel, writing stuff out to a text file, slurping that in to a script of my own) and a graph the day before Thanksgiving; that's the only time so far I've done anything but record. It'll be a month or two, I think, before number-crunching may be able to test the thing I originally started out looking for. (When I get bored or crazy I will no doubt look things again sooner than that, but I don't expect to be able to distinguish linear-growth from exponential growth for a while.) I haven't looked at any "features" in the data, aside from that one plot I posted.

I freely admit that anyone who would do this rep-tracking thing has to be a pathetic, hopeless number geek.

Thanks Mantis I appreciate any help I can get. I'm still pounding my head on those same issues. I'm starting to think it will require more info from HD, but since I can't figure out exactly what, I can't ask Dan for anything yet. I think this is one of those 'big' projects that usually die due to frustration.

The whole rep pyramid scheme' date=' rep circles, and rep statistics thing has started to bug me. I've dried up on giving out rep.[/quote']

Meh, it's moderately cute.

Personally I'm still here for all the good ideas and awesome discussions up in the Game Forums - which is where about 90% of my Rep goes.

I usually hit the "Given out too much Rep" wall every day as well, because I like to give people both feedback and kudos on stuff actually pertaining to the Game.

Meh, it's moderately cute.

Personally I'm still here for all the good ideas and awesome discussions up in the Game Forums - which is where about 90% of my Rep goes.

I usually hit the "Given out too much Rep" wall every day as well, because I like to give people both feedback and kudos on stuff actually pertaining to the Game.

Ironically enough, I put up two more "error message" graphics to use for things like this a few days ago -- about the time I caught up on my rep backlog list, and I haven't hit the "5 a day" limit since! :nonp: Well, I'm sure it will pick up again soon; these 'dry spells' are always pretty short! :)

In any case, if anyone else would like to use the graphics, just copy these IMG links:

toomuchrep.png

spreadrep.png

You may want to stay clear of adding me should a replacement be needed. I would probably through your data way off. I usually only get repped about once every couple weeks, but it is usually the big reppers that do it, so I make huge leaps when it happens. Although it might be an interesting paradyme...

The sample includes people who have yet to change rep power since the beginning of the study. That's intentional.

All data features are real. The wonderful thing about observational science is that if you have the discipline to do it right, you can see things as they really happen, not as you think they are happening. The difference between those can be striking.

Actually' date=' I think some of us bought it as a Base. It's definitely OUR End keeping it running . . .[/quote']

More like a DNPC...

"What? LRTE is being threatened with extinction or closure again?!? Quick, my faithful Owl...hit the Trouble Alert and summon the rest of the Posting Friends! Now...to the Squirrel Car!!!"